On arrival we were straight away asked to pay for an additional day as we were flying at at 01:30 in the morning for the room.
It would of been an idea to let guests arriving, that the following evening,that it was there weekend and suggest they should book a restaurant for you.
We were not shown TO or AROUND the room.No mention of what or where anything was..ie....restaurants or room amenities
Not enough sun beds available.
Every day we were going down to poolside @ 08:30 before the Gym and putting down towels and books to reserve the sun beds...NOT VERY RELAXING.On one occasion we were was the 26th person to sign in for that day.
On the whole 10 day stay we were never offered water whether complimentry or not, around poolside.The staff just told you it was available from a bottled water dispenser in the poolside cafe.
The 'Outlook Cafe' which is the poolside cafe was very dis-organised..Staff were running around and basically missing orders etc. Food on tables wasn't cleared and the food on the floor stayed there.My opinion of this was 2 star establishment.
Due to too many outside members the pool/beach/gym and spa areas were overcrowded and certainly not at there best.
Spa treatments were not up to standards as expected from Espa trained staff.Was never shown around spa or gym.
On numerous occasions I phoned the Club Lounge to book us restaurants.On one occasion they denied all knowledge of my phone call so therefore had no-where to eat.On two other occasions when they told us the restaurants we wanted were fully booked we by chance put our heads in to them and got seated straight away !!!!!
Staff on all levels were certainly not the 5 star.
Spoke to the assistant manager on our final evening who apoligised and admitted they had not spent enough time or effort on staff and service.He said he would be speaking to the General Manager the following morning and get back to me via phone or email..We have heard nothing as of yet.
How on earth you can compare this to the Burj al Arab like the review from Surrey.
I will not be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the North coast of Bahrain, this seven-story, 264-room luxury resort is located within a 20-acre urban resort complex built on reclaimed land on the seafront of Manama. The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain Hotel & Spa is only 11kms from the airport, 3kms from the Manama City Center and just across the road from the Bahrain Exhibition Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ritz-Carlton Bahrain Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain Hotel Manama
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain Hotel And Spa
- Ritz Carlton Manama
- Ritz Manama
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain Hotel & Spa Manama