“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

One complimentary night
Ranked #5 of 117 Hotels in Manama
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

the boyfriend's treat. the hotel was amazing with really nice rooms. the poolside was awesome and you can also walk up to the beach. the best thing about this hotel is the spa. there is shisha lounge. indoor outdoor pool. the staffs were friendly and helpful. yes they do serve alcohol. =)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Arabic first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

the Ritz Carlton brand is not exactly my hotel brand of choice. only for reasons of atmosphere. i see their properties being somewhat more traditional and staid. my own personal feelings.

i checked in using my Marriott points for several days on a recent visit. the lobby was as expected, very and highly polished black marble flooring and modern-traditional wood furnishings. rich and lush. the building is old, looks like late 70's. interiors are immaculate, the guest rooms very comfortable.

what surprised me was the newly installed pool and beach side areas. fanatically cool and modern. compares equally to any modern high end resort.

the hotel sits on a large beautiful piece of property that accommodates so many private villas. all landscaped to perfection. a veritable garden of eden - without trying to sound too corny.

i think the gardens and outdoor areas make this place a very special hotel. i will come again.

the staff, amenities and services, needless to say, are to the high Ritz standard.

Room Tip: beach facing. try the Thai bar lounge pool-side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is really a place to get a little R&R, especially if you're on business in the Middle East. The pools are great, there is a lot of variety and selection with food and drinks, and most of all, the rooms were super comfortable. My room was fairly spacious, very clean, and had a nice view out to the water.

The service wasn't stellar, though. I had gotten in fairly late in the day after a slow experience at the airport and needed to get my shoes shined (a complementary service). I called twice for them to get my shoes and they were still outside my door in the morning.

In addition, my colleague, who was booked at the same hotel by the same travel agent, was told that he had the convenience of a late checkout time of 4 p.m. (arranged by the travel agent). However, I asked three times if that was the case and was told no. Even after I had told them about what the front desk had told my colleague about his room, they said that it wasn't the case for either of us. Something wasn't sorted right, but one of the front desk agents tracked me and my colleague down to apologize and confirm that our checkout time was indeed 4 p.m. They handled it fine in the end, but that mix-up shouldn't have happened in the first place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Muscat, Oman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nice property, somehow old fashioned, service is not so good, but the food quality is good ... It is acceptable for business visit ...... The gym is big with equipments but little outdated and need a revamp ....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ayrshire Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel in and around wonderful settings. Eating here is such a treat, At the gourmet lunch I was pushed to think of a food that 'wasn't' available, even pork. Set on the beach you can't help but enjoy every minute of your time here. Enjoy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Arrived to a long line. I had reservations for 3 days at 250 Qar. With argument and no explanation, they charged me 315QAR. This is where it gets bad.

They put me in the same room as a Saudi couple. I walked in on them, and suffice to say I am lucky the Saudi husband did not kill me.

Great job Ritz! How is it that both the Saudi couple's key and my key card both worked on the same room?

Not the same Ritz I am used to....

Room Tip: Go somewhere else... not 5 star in terms of service or amenities.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here in mid May and was sure I'd written a review, but it turns out I hadn't. The staff at this hotel really deserve the highest possible praise. We spent a single night here and returned to Riyadh in Saudi Arabia; back home I realised I was pretty sure I'd left my brand new Ipad in our room, but I had no idea where. I called, more in hope than anything else to be honest, and a Mr Rajesh Kumar told me he would have the housekeepers have a look. Much to my delight, Mr Kumar called me back to say they had found my Ipad and wanted to know how they could reunite me with my band new toy. Using a local friend, I had my Ipad back inside 2 days. This is a big hotel but quite obviously the staff uphold the highest standards of personal honesty. I cannot recommend them more highly. By the way the room was wonderful, the renovated pool area was simply luxurious and Trader Vic's could learn from teh hotel's service ethic.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ritz-Carlton Bahrain Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!