“It was bad experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain

You added Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain to your Saves list
Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   121 Sheikh Hamad Causeway | PO Box 11073, Manama 322, Bahrain   |
Special Offer
City Break
Ranked #17 of 116 Hotels in Manama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Swanley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

As I sit in my suite and look out at the beautiful vista I thought I would do my write up of this Resort.
From pickup at the airport (for a small charge) through to check in and the facilities on offer I thought this was a nice place to stay.
There are a number of different restaurants on site offering various flavours of world food and an upstairs bar (which children are not allowed in. I found this out the hard way when we had already gone in and were told, rather embarrassingly about this rule). It would be good if this was publicised elsewhere to avoid this.
The pools are amazing, even though the hot tub was constantly full of young children as it happened to be adjoined to the junior pool.
The small beach was nice and sandy as you would expect but I was nicely surprised to see how clean it was.
As the title says I am looking forward to the next time I visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind appreciation about your stay at Novotel Al Dana and rest assured that we very much appreciate your positive comments.

As positive feedback from satisfied guests is our greatest reward, I have shared them with the team, so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you again in Bahrain.

Yours sincerely,

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed at the Al Dana Resort one evening while on a business trip to Bahrain. Our check in took over 1/2 hour. Our room had a great view and at first glance seemed very nice. A closer look made me a little concerned. We had only two standard pillows for a king bed and no washcloths. The bed had a bare boxspring,(no cover or dust ruffle)When I called for more pillows they told me no, that I already had 6..after I insisted that I only had 2 they gave me "one" more. Lots of construction on pathways and halls. The bar at the pool offered no service, unless you went to them to ask. In the middle of night water started leaking from the ceiling of the entry hall. progressively got worse all night. The alarm system in outside walkway went on and off all night from 3am on. Tried to call front desk, line busy..also dialed 0 and line busy. When we left in the morning we told them about leak and alarms..they said "we are working on it" in a non caring way.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Novotel Al Dana Bahrain two in July 2012, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

As at Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Rest assured that from your last stay, two month ago, we have taken the appropriate measures to address the problems you encountered.

First, numbers of pillows were increased up to 4 in each room and spare stock increased, to deliver extra ones upon guest request.

Second, together with Bahrain Civil Defense department, we fully revised and renovated the fire detection system of the hotel and reinforced the security Team patrols.

Third, in order to avoid telephone inconvenient, a “pilot number” system was installed to automatically transfers calls from busy to an open line on standby.

Fourth, Leakage from the clogged AC condenser tray have been checked and rectified the next day.

We appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to make it up and better serve you in the near future.

Sincerely yours

Pierre GAUDOU
Al Muharraq, Bahrain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

A while ago I had a problem with one of the staff at the hotel , and after speaking to the management they were very sweet to have offered us a one night stay in one of their suites.

The suits r amazing and the view is breath taking especially when the weather is gd u wil really enjoy it ! .. That one night didn't feel like jst one night felt longer , the swimming pool is amazing , anything u need is provided by the hotel and any Delivary service frm outside resturants comes up to your room.

The suites have 1 master bedroom with a balcony which is really really amazing , and a living room and one toilet but u have two tv's with full cable at ur services .
Overall I would really come bk as it did feel like a little get away in the island. And the management is very very sweet and understanding.

• Stayed September 2012
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Al Dana Bahrain

I have shared your comments with the team, so that they are aware of their contribution in

helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at this resort, very cosy and comfortable. Hotel is very nice with a traditional arabic look, located not very far from airport and excellent view of the sea. Rooms are quite spacious, neat, clean, cosy and comfortable with a huge balcony, Wi-fi is complimentary. Bathroom too is nice and spacious but doesnt offers you much then just a shower gel and shampoo. I has to seperately request for a brush and shaving kit. Breakfast is excellent and have lots of good options, and live station for egg, pizza and pasta.Though they mention free airport shuttle there is no shuttle plying from airport to hotel at fixed interval, they have limozines which operate per our request. Ensure to check they offer free with the hotel stay and to provide proper details of your flight timings to get proper pick up and drop, there was a bit of confusion with regards to the transport which eventually cleared after some negotations.Room service not great and had to call again and again to provide few things which was requested while placing food order .Check in was very quick and good. But at check out i had to pull my own baggage down as no bell boy was sent to pick up the same. Over all i had a good stay and enjoyed the rich ambience, room and location of the resort. Staff is a bit let down but wasnt too bad either. For sure my next visit to Bahrain would see me choosing same resort, and wish to find staff more courteous.

Room Tip: Request for room with sea view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questionnaire.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.
We would love the chance to learn more about your remarks and improve our services. Would you be willing to speak to us further about your experience at the room service?

I am available by e-mail at pierre.gaudou@accor.com

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very well located. The beach is very smal, don't be excited about the photos because they not correspond to what you are going to see there. Be careful with the kind of bikini you will take with you because at the pool they asked me to go and change my bikini and wear something like a short. Of course I went to the reception and complain and the manager was very kind and told me to ignore the other "manager of the pool" and enjoy my sun bath and my day at the pool. But the worst thing in this hotel was the breakfast: VERY POOR INDEDD AND VERY EXPENSIVE!!! If it's not included in your room rate just go and have your breakfast in other hotel or even in some nice bakery all around the city (for the same price one can have brakfast in a 5 star hotel, we found out the next day with a real luxurious breakfast buffet!). The hotel is always crowded with children and I had to complain because they were playing just at my room door at 1 in the morning!!!! I would not recommend this hotel unless you can't afford something better.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Madam

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the incident which happened at the swimming pool during your stay.

I am shocked and appalled to learn about your comments and the way you have been treated concerning the bikini and by the swimming pool. I would like to assure you that we never had such dress code and all our guest are free to chose a comfortable clothes, we already taken the appropriate measures with the sports and leisure Manager to avoid such embarrassment in the future.

Since we use to have positive feedback and appreciation of the wide selection at the breakfast, we are offering more a wide range of over 50 different cold and hot dishes to satisfy all aspects of our Guests taste and culinary culture.

We even propose genuine pork bacon and sausages with a selection of French and English bakery , Oriental, Arabic , continental , Mediterranean and American breakfasts complimented with our live station to make your own choice of omelets and grills.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Please contact me in direct once you set up your next plan to come back to Bahrain, we will try to convert the bad impression you have got and make it positive and comfortable.

Sincerely your

Pierre GAUDOU

Been to Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain? Share your experiences!