“Good hotel but not special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain

You added Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain to your Saves list
Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   121 Sheikh Hamad Causeway | PO Box 11073, Manama 322, Bahrain   |
Ranked #24 of 118 Hotels in Manama
“Good hotel but not special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very well located. The beach is very smal, don't be excited about the photos because they not correspond to what you are going to see there. Be careful with the kind of bikini you will take with you because at the pool they asked me to go and change my bikini and wear something like a short. Of course I went to the reception and complain and the manager was very kind and told me to ignore the other "manager of the pool" and enjoy my sun bath and my day at the pool. But the worst thing in this hotel was the breakfast: VERY POOR INDEDD AND VERY EXPENSIVE!!! If it's not included in your room rate just go and have your breakfast in other hotel or even in some nice bakery all around the city (for the same price one can have brakfast in a 5 star hotel, we found out the next day with a real luxurious breakfast buffet!). The hotel is always crowded with children and I had to complain because they were playing just at my room door at 1 in the morning!!!! I would not recommend this hotel unless you can't afford something better.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Madam

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the incident which happened at the swimming pool during your stay.

I am shocked and appalled to learn about your comments and the way you have been treated concerning the bikini and by the swimming pool. I would like to assure you that we never had such dress code and all our guest are free to chose a comfortable clothes, we already taken the appropriate measures with the sports and leisure Manager to avoid such embarrassment in the future.

Since we use to have positive feedback and appreciation of the wide selection at the breakfast, we are offering more a wide range of over 50 different cold and hot dishes to satisfy all aspects of our Guests taste and culinary culture.

We even propose genuine pork bacon and sausages with a selection of French and English bakery , Oriental, Arabic , continental , Mediterranean and American breakfasts complimented with our live station to make your own choice of omelets and grills.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to make it up and better serve you in the near future.

Please contact me in direct once you set up your next plan to come back to Bahrain, we will try to convert the bad impression you have got and make it positive and comfortable.

Sincerely your

Pierre GAUDOU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Great location, pool and beach so relaxing.
Fine restaurant and great selection for breakfast, to be ownest great value for money.
Helpfull staff and friendly housekeeping guys
Well done, I will definitly come back and will recommend it to my fellows in Al khobar, great escape and nice place to spend couple of days within.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Al Dana Bahrain

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

2nd time i stay at al dana. Very beautifyl hotel, i had nice pics there :) A very green territory of the hotel
My son enjoyed the children pool, and kids menu as well. I d advise it for families, lots of things can be done

• Stayed July 2012
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel.

Abqaiq, KSA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We booked this location for the beach access, but found the waterfront less than inviting, with bottles in the water, and the water being less than clean.
But the biggest letdown was the extra costs. Although we booked with the hotel chain with breakfast included, we were told that breakfast would be extra, and my daughter who was supposed to be free (children free) needed to pay full price. There was a pool, beach, fitness charge that amounted to $100 a day, and room service was in packages, so you could not just order what you wanted. This a la carte approach is a great money maker for the hotel, but it is really rough on the budget. Coupled with what was not available because it was Ramadan, I feel that I will go elsewhere, and steer clear of Accor for a while.

Our room smelled musky like there was a problem with the air conditioning. Pool was excellent!
Breakfast was sensational! Staff should have stayed home!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

They upgraded my room to suite for free when they know that I'm a silver member and that we are celebrating our anniversary. The service was excellent and the food was delicious, and the staff were friendly.

My family enjoyed heir stay and highly recommend this hotel to others ...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questionnaire.

Pierre Gaudou

Been to Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain? Share your experiences!