“Great hotel, great music and great food...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Manama
Khok Kloi, Thailand
“Great hotel, great music and great food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Like my title said....it's a great place to stay, at least it was for me on my many visits to the Kingdom of Bahrain. I enjoyed the on site facilities, pool, gym and shops. Concierge was always helpful and most of the time they were Filipino so the English was better then most. The coffee shop upon entering is yummy and great for short meetings.
The beds have always been comfortable and room service top notch. Only issue I have is I always smelled cigarette smoke in the hallways.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_CPB, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the management and the whole team of Crowne Plaza Bahrain, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your good review on our quality food, facilities and services that you have experienced during your stay.

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your opinion about your stay and experiences with us. We take all your comments seriously as these are vital for us to continue improving our accommodation, facilities and services in order to provide our guests the most enjoyable, comfortable and pleasant stay with us.
We are also pleased to share that we have recently renovated the rooms in one of our wings in our hotel to ensure we are meeting the expectations of our travelers.
Once again thank you very much and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Bahrain.

Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to email us on cp@cp-bahrain.com. Alternatively, you may email reservations@cp-bahrain.com for your booking requirements.

PR/Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Greater Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I have on numerous occasions been to Bahrain and apart two occasions, I have always stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Manama. My latest visit was from April 2 - 4 and as usual it was a joy been back to that place. The wonderful treatment started as soon as I pulled up into parking. Everyone of the staff treated me as if I am family.

This time I was given one of the deluxe rooms on the renovated wing of the hotel. The room was very cozy. The breakfast at the Harvester's Restaurant is one of the best. The waiters and waitresses are as polite as the other staff in the hotel.

There is a large number of cheaper hotels in Manama but the comfort and services at the Crowne Plaza is worth the cost of one's stay there.

Room Tip: If you can charm the lady or gentleman at the front desk, get her/him to give you a room on the newl...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Guest_Relations_CPB, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Bahrain!

On behalf of the management and the whole team of Crowne Plaza Bahrain, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your good review on our quality people and services that you have experienced during your stay.

We shared your warm and thoughtful appreciation with our colleagues at the food & beverage team.

Thank you again for your comments and the tips and we look forward to having the pleasure of receiving you once again during your next visit to Bahrain and make it even more memorable.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Ive been to this hotel 2 times, the rooms need to upgrades in some places, but they are still pretty modern and comfortable.
the first day me and my husband are trying to book for couples massage called for the booking the receptionist told me that they have only one therapist at that moment,and the next day trying to book again whole body massage for my husband what a surprise receptionist saying that they dont have any therapist and its "OFF" no therapist.

Second: in the night going back to hotel was in the lobby security came and ask if were staying in the hotel asking my husband if we did check in together and want to see my room key it was really embarrasing moment for me i dont understand what is the purpose.?

Thirdly went to harvester bar to have a drink a watch a football match at the same time, got phone call from my friend since bar is to noisy decided to go out from the bar talk in front of the door outsidewhile having conversation on phone security interupt and saying that i cant talk to the phone infront of the door and if i like i need to seat in the lobby or else i need to go inside the bar which is sounds too annoying his giving an option which is i really dont like his approaching too sarcastic, not allowed to talk in front of harvester.???

For the rest everything is perfect, the receptionist are nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Guest_Relations_CPB, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Ms. Veronica,

On behalf of the management and the whole team of Crowne Plaza Bahrain, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback.
We are pleased to share that we have recently refurbished our rooms in one entire wing, designed incorporating luxurious, modern, comfortable and fresh designs to meet the expectations of our international travelers.
With our recently launched spa treatment facility, it is very popular and is quite busy throughout the day and is strongly advised to make a booking a day earlier, however we should have anticipated your request and made arrangements with the masseuse accordingly.

With regards to your comment regarding the security, as part of the company policy and security procedures, it is a routine check up that is done with all our patrons after certain time of the evening. However, we do apologize if in any way the message delivered by our security made you feel uncomfortable and we will look at rectifying the same.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Bahrain soon to serve you on your next visit to Bahrain to make sure you will have the best stay experience with us and for us to try to exceed your expectations.

If at all possible I would be delighted to contact you to discuss your feedback in more detail at your convenience. If you perhaps could email me your contact details on priya.shankar@ihg.com I would like to obtain more details from you to continue our commitment to exemplary services.

PR & Marketing Manager
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I happened to stay at the Crowne Plaza Bahrain during the F1 weekend in their newly renovated wing. The rooms were great and the service of the staff was excellent. The Harvesters Pub was nice and I enjoyed the live band. The Indian restaurant was also very good. Over the years the hotel has been able to win a lot of awards and shows along term commitment to serve guests. Thank you for the great stay!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued guest,

A very warm greeting from Crowne Plaza Bahrain!

On behalf of the management and the whole team of Crowne Plaza Bahrain, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your good review on our newly renovated rooms food and services that you have experienced during your stay.

We especially appreciate that you shared your warm and thoughtful appreciation of the awards we have won over the years.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to having the pleasure of receiving you once again during your next visit to Bahrain and make it even more memorable.

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

This hotel lets itself down, It has good food, good rooms and is well located. However it's seedy.

I bought a beer in the hotel bar with the intention of watching the Champions League on TV. 3 times in the half hour I was in there I was approached by prostititues offering me their services. I complainied to the hotel, their respionse was that the ladies were from outside the hotel. (I'd worked that out myself.) "I asked why do let them in?" They replied "we can't stop them" This was absolute rubbish as they'd stopped my driver waiting in reception earlier in the day.

If they want to stop it they can, the answer is they condone it. The Crowne Plaza in Bahrain openly allows prostitutes to harrass guests and does nothing about it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Vincenzo1805,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are glad you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area. We would like to apologize for the experience you had during your stay. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. Rest assured, your review will be forwarded to the appropriate parties for enhancements. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had an amazing New Year's Eve stay at Crowne Plaza Hotel, Manama Bahrain.
My family and I had so much fun. The room was clean, spacious and well maintained. The service was great, everyone was so accommodating and friendly.
We also enjoyed the New Year's Eve countdown!
Special thanks to Ms. Ruth Jacinto of Sales and Marketing for the excellent service and also to the friendly team of La Mosaique Restaurant.
We will surely make this a family tradition to spend New Year's Eve at Crowne Plaza Hotel Bahrain!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Ms. Jennyfer,

Warm greetings from Crowne Plaza Bahrain!

We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority. We are truly glad to know that you had a great stay experience and especially enjoyed our New Year's themed event.

We shared your warm and thoughtful appreciation of our colleagues with them which plays a very vital role in understanding and improving our ‘Guest’s experiences’.

Once again thank you very much and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back on your next trip to Bahrain.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

In general, I really enjoyed my stay there but what I experienced with my room was a bit awkward compared to the general look and feel of the hotel. Kind of disappointed to be one of a big chain of ihg hotels.

First problem, I had to turn off the air conditioning of my room because of the noisy fan and waking up really sweating and the room is hot.
At the toilet though, you can see that some stuff are fixed in a very primitive way. Like the toilet chair is fixed with a random piece of wood by the wall so it won't shake when you sit. Or some air from the ac while showering while its off.

Though I'm a gold member at this chain I don't know why I had this kind of a room.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Crowne Plaza in Trip Advisor.

We regrettably acknowledge that due the very high occupancy during your visit most of our premium room types close to the conference center were fully booked. We are pleased to share that we have recently renovated our rooms in an entire wing of our hotel to ensure we meet the expectations of our international travelers. Part of these improvements has also been the installation of the A/C control right next to the bed so that you can control the temp as and when you like. Our new bathrooms are modern, spacious and have rain showers which many of our guests are very much appreciating.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Bahrain soon to serve you on your next visit to Bahrain to make sure you will have the best stay experience with us in one of our newly renovated rooms and for us to try to exceed your expectations.

Marketing/PR Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Bahrain? Share your experiences!