“Nice hotel in a good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #22 of 118 Hotels in Manama
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel in a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went to Bahrain on a weekend trip and was very pleased with the location of this hotel..
Took us around 10 mins by taxi to reach thr from d Airport.. The room was clean and comfortable.. There was complimentary breakfast and free (and fast) wi-fi for all elite members.. Thr is a bar/lounge and a gym on 6th floor, and a restaurant on d ground floor..
The hotel is 2 minutes walk from Exhibition Road which has some interesting places to eat n drink (like Hard Rock Cafe).. The hotel is also next to Warbler Pub/Club in Ramee Baisan Hotel which is a nice bar with live music, pool tables and good pub food..

A word of advice: Avoid taking taxis which are parked in front of hotel as they charge more than a normal taxi.. Just walk a couple of metres away from the hotel and take any taxi which is passing by :-)

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have a nice view of the Persian Gulf
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
Massena
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel several times and found the rooms to be clean, smoke free rooms are smoke free, nice bar without hookers and the staff very professional. It is a great bargain. Exhibition road and the Hard Rock Cafe is nearby. Negatives include no free wifi in room and roads leading to the hotel and parking garage can be challenging.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed for a night as a stopover before heading off to Doha the next day. The place is in a busy area but I didn't get chance to explore.
My room was clean, comfortable and modern. Perhaps a little on the basic side but this is only a HI express after all.
There is a restaurant downstairs and a friendly bar on the 6th floor which also serves food off the same basic menu.
The wired internet worked adequately but is not exactly fast.
The breakfast was surprisingly good considering it was free.
The only downside for me was the streetnoise from below in the night which woke me up several times, even from the 10th floor.
Would stay again if I could get a room on a quieter side.
No pool.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bahrain, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Eggn0g,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are glad you liked the breakfast selections we offer. We would like to apologize for the experience you had with the noise which affected your stay negatively. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
saudi arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

It was a good experience from the day of on line booking for the hotel. There were no confusion in reaching the hotel and getting the room. The small room was clean and tidy and there were enough car parking for all.

There were two disappointing situations - 1. I am seeing a hotel charging for wifi now ad days. 2. The breakfast hall was overcrowded which forced me to come out fast rather than enjoying it.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms on the beach side
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
mn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

It is clean, But the beds are hard as a rock,pillows are just as hard, do not expect to get seated
for breakfast unless your from the UAE, two groups were seated in front of me while I was told to wait because they didn't have any room, Go down the road and buy breakfast, save putting up with the trouble!!! Almost forgot the wireless internet goes down to 5Mbps when everyone connects to it even the hardline is slow, sad very sad

Room Tip: Go to another hotel not worth the trouble
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HIEXBahrain_0812, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bahrain, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Davidhjensen,

First of all we would like to thank you for your valued feedback and we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our new mattresses, soft and firm pillows available in our bedrooms.
We would like to take this opportunity to apologies for any inconvenience caused during your breakfast as well as to thank you for the time and effort from your side taken in informing us of your experience.
We hope you will give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Luca de Stefano
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at hotel during Eid ul Adha break. The place is located very close to sea side. Nice and clean rooms. However, I was disappointed on finding that my room was not having city view. Also there wasnt any baby cot given and I was supposed to have double bed whereas I was given 2 single beds. All of the things were confirmed to me before but on checking-in, I was told that hotel is full and I will not be getting all those stuff.

Apart from above disappointing factors, rest of the stay was pleasant with a vast selection of breakfast at everyday morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was a centrally located hotel. I loved that they had a car park, but it was blocked when I got there and I had to circle around multiple times before I was able to have someone open it. Breakfast buffet was great. Gym was also excellent. Great base for exploring Bahrain, though it you are driving it can be tricky to find since it is located in a side street. Front desk was great even though they didn't tell me there was free wi-fi in the lounge and lobby but rather charged me 5 BD for 24h even though there were cheaper options available. Also, when I asked for directions, they didn't really know much....but to say to take a taxi. Overall, good stay for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bahrain, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear nath3636,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bahrain? Share your experiences!