“Mezzanine Lounge and Boudoir!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Bahrain City Centre

You added The Westin Bahrain City Centre to your Saves list
The Westin Bahrain City Centre
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Khalifa Bin Salman Highway, Manama, Bahrain (Formerly Grand & Ixir Hotel Bahrain City Centre)   |
Ranked #15 of 116 Hotels in Manama
Houston, Texas
“Mezzanine Lounge and Boudoir!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

These are two of my favorite spots to hang out in Bahrain! Amazing staff, the service in these two locations is fantastic! I come here at least twice a week. Great location at the city center mall.

Mezzanine lounge has a modern/elegant vibe with a great jazzy duo. Ideal location to start the evening with cocktails and snacks/dinner!

Boudoir is also a modern/elegant cigar bar. Personally I come here late at night to finish my evening with a couple of cold ones.

Can't stress enough how friendly and awesome the staff is. From the time I pull up at the valet until I'm getting my beer everybody is all smiles. I truly feel like a special person here!

I strongly recommed visiting these two places!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Jose,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of our Mezzanine Lounge and Boudoir. We are delighted to see you at both frequently. I have shared your positive comments with my entire team. It’s feedback like yours which motivates us even more to provide the best service in town.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoy the hotel’s direct attachment to Bahrain City Centre Mall with its 340 retail outlets and various entertainment options. Many guests, like you, often pop over for a bite to eat and a beverage to enjoy in between shopping.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel soon.

Puneet Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have stayed at Kempinski for one night, at 8:00 am of the day of checkout (4 hours before the checkout time) I called the room service asking for room cleaning and they replied: "as per the hotel's policy we cannot clean the room on the day of checkout! But we can send someone to clean the bathroom only!" After that I called the duty manager and she confirmed that this is the hotel's policy! I'm really confused that how can a five stars hotel set such policy! I will never ever come back again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Mr Majed,

Thank you for your candid feedback of your recent stay with us.

I regret to hear and apologize that your expectations were not met in regards to the service. First and foremost, this is not the level of service that we aim to provide.

I have discussed this incident with my team, please allow me to explain. It seems that the incident was a result of miscommunication. In line with our five star standards, we do clean the guestrooms twice per day. The full service is provided during the day, and in the early evening hours we provide turn-down service to set the room for the night. As our duty manager explained to you, we do not service rooms on the day of departure as a standard. However, individual requests are catered for and we do refresh guest rooms prior to departure and this was also done in your case. When you spoke to the duty manager at 9:22 am, she immediately requested for housekeeping to service your room, which was done prior to your departure. Nevertheless, I do apologize for your less than memorable experience.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to demonstrate that this is an isolated incident and not the standard of service that we deliver.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back at our hotel again.

Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

it's a good hotel for business since the rooms a quite tiny but rooms are very clean and well metained, and not suitable for families, max 2 pax per room, but decoration is very nice and attractive, it's an oriental theme but it looks great.
location is absolutely fantastic since it's in the mid town, 15 min to airport, graet location since it has an entrance to the mall of city center bahrain, so you can enjoy shopping & wide variety of dining, cinemas, etc.
breakfast in the hotel has a poor variety of food comparing to other 5 stars hotels.
staf are friendly and polite but service is slow.

Room Tip: moresuitable for solo or couples only.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Eissa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the design aspect of our hotel. In our two unique towers, Grand and Ixir, we have distinct luxurious design features. The Grand Tower epitomises contemporary Western elegance and the Ixir Tower embodies modern Oriental sophistication, both equally stylish in their own way. Regarding the room sizes, we have a selection of room categories from Superior rooms at 29 square metres and Deluxe rooms at 36 square meters, to a variety of suites varying from 42 square metres up to 148 square metres. From this assortment most guests can find a suitable sized room for their requirements.

As you mentioned, our direct connection to Bahrain City Centre Mall with its 340 retail outlets, cinema, waterpark and much more, is very convenient for our guests, whether travelling for business or leisure. Our central location in the capital makes it very easy to travel anywhere in the country, be it to the airport, or elsewhere. For example the Bahrain International Circuit is located just 20 minutes away from the hotel; and Manama Souq is just a few minutes’ drive.

I regret to hear that our breakfast was not up to your expectations. We have 150 food items in the breakfast buffet, but if you think that we are missing something please share your feedback directly with our Executive Chef Stefanos Melianos on stefanos.melianos@kempinski.com. Our aim is to provide outstanding culinary experiences in all our outlets by using the highest quality and freshest ingredients available. For example, earlier this year we began a direct partnership with a local farm from where we receive a daily delivery of garden-fresh vegetables.

Amman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Kempinski hotel in Bahrain is a luxurious place to stay. The staff are welcoming, polite and cheerful.My visit was half business and half pleasure. I attended a conference and then stayed on for a day's relaxation. The conference facilities were first class. For my own comfort I upgraded to include use of the executive lounge. The lounge was quiet and peaceful and the service was excellent. According to the hotel the views from the lounge are wonderful, but unless you are a civil engineer and like looking at building projects this is not quite true! However, the comfort, afternoon tea and good service made up for that. There was also a small library of interesting books there.
At the end of my stay I asked for a late checkout and went up to the pool. Unfortunately I then found that having gone past 12 o'clock my electronic room key had expired. I called down too the reception and a charming young lady brought a new key up to the swimming pool. Excellent service I thought.

Our room was clean and modern with some excellent design features. The desk was uncluttered and cleverly thought out. The bed was very comfortable and the slippers provided were thoughtfully sized a large pair for me and a smaller pair for my wife. Usually hotels only provide one standard size. The only fault I could find was the shower taps were so placed that in working out how to use them you were first sprayed with cold water and then hot! So watch out for that.
The hotel is brilliantly situated in the Mall and it is easy to go out to the cinema, or shopping. Taxis are easy to get at the front desk and it is not far to the airport. Coffee is good throughout the hotel. I hope to stay again one day.

Room Tip: Go on a Saturday when most other travelers are leaving and have a quiet and peaceful day.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr John,

I genuinely thank you for the positive review of your recent stay with us.
I’m happy to hear that your combined business and pleasure trip with us was enjoyable. Our meeting and conference facilities are indeed top notch, and it’s great to hear your encouraging feedback.

I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facilities of our Grand Lounge. The use of the executive Grand Lounge is complimentary for suite bookers in the Grand Tower, but all guests can have access to the lounge by purchasing a pass.

Our aim is to provide memorable experiences and service beyond excellent, and I’m content to hear that we have delivered that. I am happy to share your positive comments about the service with all my team.

Our room design is contemporary with luxurious touches everywhere, as you noted. I’m pleased to hear that you liked the different sizes of slippers. In addition to that our bathrobes also come in two sizes.

Our direct attachment to Bahrain City Centre Mall with its 340 retail outlets and various entertainment options is very convenient for our guests, whether travelling for business or leisure. Our location in central Manama makes it very easy to travel anywhere in the country, be it to the airport, or elsewhere. For example the Bahrain International Circuit can be reached in just 20 minutes; and Bahrain Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is just few minutes away from the hotel.

We hope to welcome you and your wife back at our hotel soon.

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The hotel it's not very far from the airport, honestly nothing is far in Bahrain since it's a small island. The hotel it's modern, staff it's nice and the best thing is the that the hotel is linked to the City Centre shopping mall if you're in for a shopping spree.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Elena,

I sincerely thank you for the positive review of your stay with us in October.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and were pleased with our location and services. Our direct attachment to Bahrain City Centre Mall with its 340 retail outlets and various entertainment options is very convenient for our guests, whether they travel for business or leisure. As you mentioned, the distance from the airport to the hotel is not far, and in general our central location in the heart of Manama makes it very easy to explore the country as a whole. For example the Bahrain International Circuit is just a 20 minutes’ drive away.

Perhaps on your next visit you will have the opportunity to try Baharat, our Middle Eastern specialty restaurant known for its regional cuisine with a modern twist.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The hotel is located in a good place.
But the rooms are very small and less than normal.
The room dining is less than normal to ... And the prices are too high compared to the quality and quantities.
Reception staff does not offer any service completely.
Regardless of the location any hotel 5 stars or good 4 stars will offers what Kempinski Bahrain Offers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr Ibrahim,
I sincerely thank you for your candid feedback of your stay at our hotel.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our central location. However, I regret to hear that your experience at the Kempinski Grand & Ixir Bahrain City Centre was not up to your expectations. Regarding the room sizes, we have a variety of room categories from Superior rooms at 29 square metres to a selection of suites varying from 42 square metres up to 148 square metres for you to choose from, an assortment from which I’m sure you will be able to find a suitable sized room for your requirements.

In regards to our culinary offerings, we have multinational guests at the hotel and aim to cater towards various tastes both in in-room dining menu, as well as our restaurants such as Baharat, which specializes in Middle Eastern fine dining. Our prices guarantee that we can continue offering the highest quality possible. Earlier this year we began a partnership with a local farm from where we receive a daily delivery of fresh vegetables from.

We strive to provide outstanding service in everything that we do. I apologize if you experienced any shortcomings during your stay. If that happens please bring it to our attention at the time so that we may address it immediately and assist you in every way that we can.

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I am a regular guest at the Kempinski Grand Hotel in Bahain and have been doing so from the beginning of this year. I must say the hotel has grown on me due to its wonderful staff and excellent service provided. The food is also really good! The staff here work in teams. My favorites are the folks who take care of us at the breakfast lounge located in the lobby and the nice and friendly staff at Boudoir of course!

I can't forget to mention the "the lady in red" (thats her code name by the way) for always making my stay worthwile. Its so refreshing to see how some people are still passionate about customer service and satisfaction.

Haitham Al Kadi

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Mr Al Kadi,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your wonderful review. For our hotel to be considered your second home is a great compliment indeed. I am happy to share your positive feedback with my entire team, including the Lady in Red. Your inspiring comments motivate us even more to deliver consistently high standard of service in everything we do.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our gastronomic offerings. At the beginning of this year, we began a direct partnership with a local farm in a neighbouring town Karranah, and we receive a delivery of fresh produce straight from the farm every day. This allows us to offer a large selection of dishes of highest quality using the freshest ingredients in all of our outlets.

Perhaps on your next visit you might find the time to try our Turkish Hammam, the largest in Bahrain, where you will find our experienced therapists offering a variety of rejuvenating treatments to complement your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel soon.

Puneet Singh

Been to The Westin Bahrain City Centre? Share your experiences!