“A quiet place for relaxing , but nothing else” 4 of 5 stars

Al Areen Palace & Spa
P.O. Box 75055, Manama, Bahrain   |
Ranked #34 of 118 Hotels in Manama
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“A quiet place for relaxing , but nothing else”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

the place is about 15 mins drive from any supermarket and even more from the city
taxi service is available

the staff were very nice & helpful from reception to housekeeping
(except for one african Guy , i heard his name was Aslam ! they really need to check his abilities to work in a 5 star resort, this man is simply Rude dont even try to ask him anything)

villas were beautiful, it is really what u see in the pictures and even more
however they need proper maintainance for the pools, provide a small kitchen at least.

Spa was excellent , nice ppl great service & very very quiet!

Dining was good, breakfast was average

pest control would be nice , but its the middle of the desert so we expected insects to be there.

this place is soooooo quiet , dont go if ur looking for Fun , there is nothing there but relaxation
they need to improve maintainance, and adding some activities to do.
and i cant imagine going there in the summer , it would be too hot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Arabic first
Al Muharraq, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This resort was amazing, since we drove through the gates until we left the gates, when we checked in the staff, who are amazingly friendly, took to our room by the golf cart, the moment they opened the door to Royal Villa 501 we were all fantasizes every thing was amazing, a dining room, two bedrooms, to living rooms, a majlis, and a big swimming pool. The whole place was amazing, the place was soundless , the environment around you is amazing the good food at the breakfast, and the huge public pool which divides into two an indoor and an outdoor pool, which unfortunately I didn't swim there . The only negative was that when we ordered McDonald's we had to wait outside the hotel land because they weren't allowed to come in.

Room Tip: Royal pool villa has an amazing size for families
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've been visiting this property annually in the past 5 years, since it was opened under Banyan Tree. I can honestly say that the quality of property has gone way down that I am pretty sure I will not go there next year.

The trees are almost all dead. No more water fountains. The marble in the villas is falling apart. The breakfast buffet has gone poorer over the years. Even simple things like the soft music you hear once you enter the villas, that once was a signature of the property, has gone missing. The spa has gotten so poor and we got charged for 3 hours service while a less than 2 hours service was performed.

All what is left is the privacy and the grenadines of the staff. And that is not enough for the premium price we are paying.

Room Tip: Get a villa close to the main reception as the golf carts are almost always occupied.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I wanted a refreshing place to stay in where I could enjoy a few days out of the city and enjoy a relaxing time with all natural environment around you. I can assure you that a day at Al-Areen is so enjoyable and refreshing that it might be at the top of your list of travel places. First of all, I will start with the weather in February, which is just amazing where you can enjoy the sun at the morning and the afternoon and also enjoy the cool breezes of the night. For the Hotel, The staff was very helpful and nice and they provided us with a high level of quality service. The resort is well structured and planned so you can enjoy your stay at the private villa which is facilitated with a real nice pool (that can be heated in winter) and a terrace with palms and trees. The design of the villa is unique with a high quality finishing that you can feel that this property was extremely well designed.

I highly recommend Al-Areen hotel and resort for those how are looking for a enjoyable experience outside of the city. Here are some recommendations:

- Rates in weekday are sometimes lower than weekend try to check before you book by calling the hotel. There are sometimes promotion for weekdays.
- Bring some groceries with you because the place is kind of far from the city. (especially water)
- Try to sleep early so you could enjoy the sun and the pool in the morning.
- Try to estimate the sun availability based on the location of your villa.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had only a day trip to the place. The villa is amazing, there is a private pool, warm bubble pool, outdoor shower. The villa is spacious and well organised. It is a like living in a very very expensive house. Since the villa has high walls, the privacy is complete. We had followed this up with a visit to the spa the followign weekend. The atmosphere is really impressive, the massage not so much. The staff is competent but it is patchy. We say some management staff talking loundly and trying to look busy with their mgmt things in the lobby. Don't they have offices for that? Do they have to do this in public areas? When we went for the spa treat, there were preparations for a National Dialogue, since the spa area is seperate we were not impacted but for guests who were staying there it would have been very difficult.

The hotel is really expensive for what is offer, and is not by far value for money. It is mostly a rip-off and ok just for a day visit once. The location is very far across unlit roads, so don't go there unless you know where you are headed. Lot of the property is old. The lunch was prett horrible but the cake was good. It gives me a feel that it was originally build by someone who knows how to manage a hotel but it now taken over by people who can bearly handle it - most likely a local company with limited experience

All in all, good experience for the day stay and spa but highly unlikely we will return there.

Room Tip: Make sure you know where you are going before driving there.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
s.a
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed in alareen palace and spa in a royal villa.The swimming pool was very poorly maintained, it had lots of broken bricks and my child was injured because of this. We had to wait for 30 minutes for the golf car to come to our villa to pick one of us and we were told the hotel is very busy. By the end of the day when we wanted to spend some time inside the living room it was full of ants that we couldn't sit on the sofa. My children were too scared to sleep on the bed, I called the reception twice to send somebody to spray the room, they came after 40 minutes. It paid $1200 per night for my family to have good and descent time. Unfortunately it was turned out to be horrible time.DONT GO THERE.

• Stayed September 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I have booked this resort for my Valentine and I was so excited to surprise my wife and have a perfect stay. Unfortunately, we arrived at the resort which was in the middle of no where and we got in to the buggy to get to our Villa. The place is so huge and I do confess that a fortune has been spent to build the whole resort, but sadly the place was like a lost city where the is no life. The trees were almost dead, the water which was supposed to look like a river was dry and the doors of villas have lost it's colors. I tried to forget about everything I saw and try to enjoy our night at the villa, so we got into the villa which is really looks great and I thought that we would have unforgettable night. To make the story short, we got into the Jaccuazy for 10 minutes and I got out to look for the lighting of the jaccuzy in the living room and I was like OMG. I saw a large creature on the coach and I could not determine what was that. I called the reception and I told them about what I saw and while I was calling i noticed it was a rat (OMG) and they sent me two people who had no idea what to do. Then, I contacted the manager! Ali Al-Samaheji, who ran out into my villa. The manager, did not believe until he saw the rat himself and offered me to change my villa. My wife wasvfreaked out and I told him that I would at least accept an upgrade as it was totally waste of time to change the hotel. Mr. ali was kind enough and he arranged a Royal Villa for us. The Royal Villa unfortunately was not ready at all. It was not clean, the jaccuzy and pool were very cold and lots of insects were around the Jaccuazy. We had to call the reception 4 times to ask for adjustment of the jaccuzy and we had to wait for an hour, but it was totally waste of time. My wife asked me to get out of the place and spend our night somewhere else rather than wasting our time more. Although, Mr Ali, the manager, tried his best to send us tarts, fruits, and even offered to arrange a dinner on the house, we had to get away and spend our time in mre quality place. Therefore, we only used the bed for sleeping after coming back. Now it is very clear why Banyan Tree took of their license from this resort.
I strongly do not recommend any one to stay at the place and I do recommend you to try Sofetiel Zallaq instead if you were looking for a resort.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Al Areen Palace & Spa? Share your experiences!