This is my second visit to this hotel. I decided to take my family for a weekend getaway and decided to stay at the Sofitel. This is one of the best hotels in Bahrain. Spacious and clean rooms, amazing view from all the rooms. Nice swimming pool and beach area. The kids club at the hotel is not bad at all, my kids enjoyed their time there. Made some housekeeping and concierge calls, and all my calls were attended within a reasonable time.
I still decided to give this hotel 4 stars because it is still not a perfect hotel. Although check-in time is at 3, I had to wait for one whole hour for my room to be ready. With the kids nagging to change and go swimming, that hour went by like forever. I did not like the TV channels very much, for example my wife and I wanted to spend the night watching Arab Idol, but discovered that the hotel does not have the MBC Channel, which is a free channel! Finally, the breakfast has not improved since my last visit a lot. It was a big buffet, but the food was tasteless, my daughter ended up eating olives for her breakfast.
As a whole, it was a nice experience, and yes I would still stay in this hotel in the future. I think the management of the hotel should look a bit into my three comments above.
I have attached few photos, I hope you like them.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea Hotel
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea And Spa
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea Hotel Manama
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa Manama
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa offers guests a paradise setting to enjoy an idyllic stay with spectacular views over the Arabian Gulf. The hotel is an exclusive resort catering to both leisure and business travelers and offers the uniqueness of a luxurious location amidst views of the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Arabian Gulf.Sofitel Bahrain celebrates the Kingdom’s legendary hospitality with a French flair and is the first hotel within the GCC countries to offer the unique relaxation of Thalassotherapy.The Thalassa Sea & Spa at Sofitel Bahrain covers 2,000 square meters on two floors; the complex features 14 treatment rooms utilizing marine based products to offer a unique series of Thalassotherapy treatments, massages and wellness programmes. Guests of the Thalassa Sea & Spa can also enjoy a seawater hydrotherapy pool, a freshwater pool, saunas, steam rooms, a hairdresser for men and a beauty salon for women, as well as a Yoga & Pilates studio.Sofitel Bahrain offers 262 rooms and suites, combining comfort and elegance and offering lavish furnishings with breathtaking views of the Arabian Gulf. Within the hotel are 28 suites including 21 Prestige Suites, 6 rooftop Opera suites each offering a private terrace and infinity pool and one Royal Suite complete with a Jacuzzi, private terrace, infinity pool and a uniquely regal design and furnishings.The hotel offers a large swimming pool complete with a swim-up pool bar situated adjacent to its private beach and 5 restaurants.Located on Zallaq Beach 5 minutes from the Bahrain International Circuit, 25 minutes from the heart of Manama and 30 minutes from the Bahrain International Airport, Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa offers the perfect location for a relaxed vacation away from the city or a luxurious vacation with convenient access to the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Splendia, Orbitz, ACCOR, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.