I am not normally a fussy person, I have stayed in many such "luxurious" 5-star hotels, but this one was way below par.
Stayed at this hotel for a "relaxing" weekend with my family. We checked in at 2pm, and the rooms weren't ready. At 3pm, one of the rooms were ready, so we all had to stay at one room waiting for our bags which never came.
At 4pm, the housekeepers kindly informed us that the room next door was now ready and that we should speak to reception about the keys. We called reception, asking for our bags and keys to the next room, and after waiting another 30 minutes, the bags or the keys never came. As impatient as I was, I went and collected our bags and keys myself. So much for a speedy check in!!
we wanted to spend the rest of the afternoon by the pool and considering it was January, the water was quite chilly for my younger cousins. And the other people in the pool were saying the same thing. I asked the people in charge to switch the heaters on. They asked for our rooms numbers, then I was reluctantly told it would take some time to heat up. We came back after 30mins, and they still didn't turn the heater on!! I had to ask again. And they asked me for our room numbers again. Yes, I am staying at this hotel, and you advertise a heated pool on your website, so switch them on!! So far, it wasn't a good experience.
Rooms were ok. I was expecting a carpeted room, the cold tiled floors don't give you a cozy feeling. The bed was soft, and the pillows were too soft. I called housekeeping for firmer pillows, and after AN HOUR, i was given two more soft pillows. No such thing as firm pillows here apparently.
Breakfast was average. They need a better selection of warm/hot food. Service was good.
My parents went to the spa for an hour's treatment each, and they loved it. It was the only highlight of our stay. Will I stay here again? Probably not. I didn't get a level of service that fits a five-star establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa offers guests a paradise setting to enjoy an idyllic stay with spectacular views over the Arabian Gulf. The hotel is an exclusive resort catering to both leisure and business travelers and offers the uniqueness of a luxurious location amidst views of the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Arabian Gulf.Sofitel Bahrain celebrates the Kingdom’s legendary hospitality with a French flair and is the first hotel within the GCC countries to offer the unique relaxation of Thalassotherapy.The Thalassa Sea & Spa at Sofitel Bahrain covers 2,000 square meters on two floors; the complex features 14 treatment rooms utilizing marine based products to offer a unique series of Thalassotherapy treatments, massages and wellness programmes. Guests of the Thalassa Sea & Spa can also enjoy a seawater hydrotherapy pool, a freshwater pool, saunas, steam rooms, a hairdresser for men and a beauty salon for women, as well as a Yoga & Pilates studio.Sofitel Bahrain offers 262 rooms and suites, combining comfort and elegance and offering lavish furnishings with breathtaking views of the Arabian Gulf. Within the hotel are 28 suites including 21 Prestige Suites, 6 rooftop Opera suites each offering a private terrace and infinity pool and one Royal Suite complete with a Jacuzzi, private terrace, infinity pool and a uniquely regal design and furnishings.The hotel offers a large swimming pool complete with a swim-up pool bar situated adjacent to its private beach and 5 restaurants.Located on Zallaq Beach 5 minutes from the Bahrain International Circuit, 25 minutes from the heart of Manama and 30 minutes from the Bahrain International Airport, Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa offers the perfect location for a relaxed vacation away from the city or a luxurious vacation with convenient access to the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea And Spa
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea Hotel Manama
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa Manama