“Service should have been better!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa

You added Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa to your Saves list
Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Zallaq Highway, Building 2015 | Block 1055 Zallaq, Manama, Bahrain   |
Ranked #2 of 116 Hotels in Manama
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Service should have been better!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I am not normally a fussy person, I have stayed in many such "luxurious" 5-star hotels, but this one was way below par.

Stayed at this hotel for a "relaxing" weekend with my family. We checked in at 2pm, and the rooms weren't ready. At 3pm, one of the rooms were ready, so we all had to stay at one room waiting for our bags which never came.

At 4pm, the housekeepers kindly informed us that the room next door was now ready and that we should speak to reception about the keys. We called reception, asking for our bags and keys to the next room, and after waiting another 30 minutes, the bags or the keys never came. As impatient as I was, I went and collected our bags and keys myself. So much for a speedy check in!!

we wanted to spend the rest of the afternoon by the pool and considering it was January, the water was quite chilly for my younger cousins. And the other people in the pool were saying the same thing. I asked the people in charge to switch the heaters on. They asked for our rooms numbers, then I was reluctantly told it would take some time to heat up. We came back after 30mins, and they still didn't turn the heater on!! I had to ask again. And they asked me for our room numbers again. Yes, I am staying at this hotel, and you advertise a heated pool on your website, so switch them on!! So far, it wasn't a good experience.

Rooms were ok. I was expecting a carpeted room, the cold tiled floors don't give you a cozy feeling. The bed was soft, and the pillows were too soft. I called housekeeping for firmer pillows, and after AN HOUR, i was given two more soft pillows. No such thing as firm pillows here apparently.

Breakfast was average. They need a better selection of warm/hot food. Service was good.

My parents went to the spa for an hour's treatment each, and they loved it. It was the only highlight of our stay. Will I stay here again? Probably not. I didn't get a level of service that fits a five-star establishment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Bahrain and your posting a review of our property to Trip Advisor.

I am disappointed that on this occasion we were not able to fully cater to your needs, I apologize for the issues you have faced and would appreciate it if you would contact me directly on h6722-sl9@sofitel.com at your earliest convenience to discuss your experiences further.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've been to Bahrain on a business trip and I've been impressed by the staff's attention to detail during my stay at the Sofitel. Spacious and clean rooms too, great facilities. Not close to Manama, but a great location when there's a race at Bahrain International Circuit. First class place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your choosing Sofitel Bahrain during your recent visit to Bahrain and your taking the time to post a review of our hotel to Trip Advisor.

I am most grateful for your comment with regards to our Ambassador’s attention to detail, I am very pleased that they took good care of you and have of course already shared your review with them.

Both myself and my team look forward to welcoming you to Sofitel Bahrain in the future, we hope you will visit us again soon.

Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

SOFITEL Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea and Spa was an unforgettable experience for me on New Year's Day 2013. This luxury hotel which can be described as a neo-oriental oasis whose modern wavy shape offers breath taking sea views and a unique Sea & Spa experience is perfectly located for an ideal getaway experience.
To begin with, I was treated to an exquisite buffet from the hotel’s unrivalled world class chefs whose treat featured a wide variety of menus ranging from peerless Mediterranean cuisine which included seafood to European delectable delicacies and finally savory Asian delights of all sorts.
After a sumptuous meal which I’m still to forget till this day, I was given a private tour of the property which features A Royal Suite truly befitting for a king, Opera Suites which all portray a unique theme guaranteed to pleasure the guest with memories of home, Prestige Suites which provide a unique touch to ultramodern luxury décor, Club Millesime rooms featuring both a new age and antiquated scenery and of course the luxury rooms which are furnished with stae-of-the-art furniture guaranteed to give the guest a more than pleasant stay.
Towards the end of my stay, I sojourned for a bit at “La Mer” signature Restaurant of the hotel. This award-winning seafood restaurant serves dinner out on the jetty, with perfect views of the Arabian Gulf where much of the fresh fish and seafood is caught; I must say I was more than impressed.
Before wrapping up my trip, I made a visit to the Thalassa Sea & Spa where the signature treatment is a Sea Water energizing bath in inspired French style. This breath taking Spa treatment is one of its kind in the world and I look forward to visiting Sofitel again and again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Sofitel Bahrain for your recent stay in Bahrain, we are very pleased to have welcomed you and very grateful to you for posting a review of our hotel to Trip Advisor.

I am most pleased that you enjoyed so many parts of our hotel thank you in particular for highlighting our rooms and our restaurants; I am particularly pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy our Thalassa Sea & Spa!

I hope that you will visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Bahrain in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to place a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

PerfEct for couples on a weekday hotel is usually quite during that time and you feel like its all yours , staff are amazing and always do the extra step you ask them we stayed for a short time but will defianlty come back, if you are staying there dont forgt to try the Asian restaurant in the cOrner the fOod there was amazing

• Stayed December 2012
Hotel M, . at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to our hotel, it is our great pleasure to welcome you to Sofitel Bahrain.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit and would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property to Trip Advisor. I would also like to thank you for highlighting the parts of our hotel you enjoyed the most.
I have already shared your review with our team; they were duly pleased with your comments and send their great thanks.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Bahrain again in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact us for any further information or assistance (h6722-sl9@sofitel.com).

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is defiantly the best in Bahrain , they don't miss out on anything , the best beach the best pool and an amazing spa perfect distance to drive from Saudi Arabia and very family friendly they have a special club for kids and a very impressive Italian restaurant

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Bahrain for your recent weekend getaway in Bahrain, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your posting your experiences to Trip Adivsor.

Thank you in particular for highlighting the parts of our hotel that you particularly enjoyed, I am very pleased that you were able to enjoy our Thalassa Sea & Spa and that you found our Italian restaurant according to your tastes – I have already passed your review onto the restaurant manager and team at Fiamma, they were very happy with your comment.
I am pleased that you also found our location to be well chosen and hope that you will visit us again soon.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are spacious, all with incredible water views. Wonderful to be greeted with hot spicy tea. Great private beach.

Staff is lovely and welcoming. As a US traveler my converter blew and damaged my flat iron. The staff was nothing short of amazing...bringing me to their gorgeous spa (at 5am in the morning, before it was open) and waiting for me to style my hair.

Only drawback is the distance to shops, restaurants, etc. if that's your preference. Be prepared to spend some time commuting.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Bahrain, I am pleased that your stay was an enjoyable one and that our Ambassadors clearly took good care of you.

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our hotel and our Ambassadors, I hope you will stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Bahrain upon your next visit to the Kingdom of Bahrain.

Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife and son came for a brief stay, checking in on Thursday and departing on Friday. We took advantage of the Magnifique Family deal to get the second room 50% off, and the two rooms were had their own front door. This was our third stay, and the room was wonderful as ever, the staff and food at the Wok was wonderful. The staff at the Lagoon bar went above and beyond. The only blemish on our wonderful staff was that the "heated" pool was not heated on Thursday. I felt warm water in the jets in the pool on Friday, but the water was cold on Thursday. Unfortunately, my son didn't get to spend as much time in the pool as he wanted. We'll still be back, perhaps in the summer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hotel M, at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your continued support of our hotel, it is our great pleasure to welcome you back to Sofitel Bahrain for a third time.

I appreciate your positive comments about our staff in Wok and in our Lagoon Pool bar, they were all quite pleased when I shared with them your review and send their great thanks.
I apologize though both to you and your son for the difficulty with our swimming pool, I am sorry that on Thursday the pool was not being heated and am disappointed that this had a negative impact upon your stay. I hope to offer a better experience upon your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on h6722-sl9@sofitel.com for any assistance in the future.

Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa

Been to Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa? Share your experiences!