“Spacious room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Al Manzil Hotel

You added Al Manzil Hotel to your Saves list
Al Manzil Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4047 Bulding 1842 | Juffair, Manama, Bahrain (Formerly Al Manzil Suites)   |
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package!
Ranked #43 of 118 Hotels in Manama
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Spacious room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Paid BD30 a night.
Room is really huge.
Furnishing is a bit dates and in need of maintenance.
There is a toaster provided in the room (quite oddly enough) but there is no kettle boiler. Personally I would have preferred a boiler to a toaster.
Service staff was excellent and attentive.
There is a small pool, gym and Thai massage center located on the rooftop of the hotel.
A short walk away brings you to a supermarket and TGIF restaurant.
During my stay, the hotel was quiet and not much guest staying.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Orillia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

stayed at AL Manzil off and on for 4 months. The rooms were excellent and the staff were very courteous. The rooftop was made available for us for bbqs and parties upon our request the day of. Over Christmas they chose to renovate the lobby leaving awful fumes throughout the building and if ordering room service plates are often left in the hallway for weeks before anyone seems to notice. However, if you need anything you can call the front desk and they will immediately cater to you. Wifi was quite poor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Manama, Bahrain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I should have been warned by the complete lack of responses to my emails before my visit. cutting to the chase, although the room was spacious and the free fast wifi was a bonus. plenty of things to say not to stop here again! ironing board 'no iron' pots and pans 'no utensils' broken electric sockets 'hazardous' broken toilet seat 'I don't need to explain' Curtains in bedroom partly torn away so could not meet in the middle, and worst of all the bed was like stone, totally unable to sleep on it even after a long flight.
I have changed rooms now and although much better, that just annoys me as to why put me in such a poor room to start with.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I arrived on 18th April evening and really surprised the way hotel staff welcome me and my family. We were tired from the long drive from Saudi and they did a good job on not keeping us at the reception for along like other hotels. Rooms were huge, we stayed in three bedroom suite and it's fully worth for what I paid. Breakfast was superb and had a larg verity. Staff were friendly and very helpful. This is a hotel were you can have your family around. I really enjoyed my stay during formula one.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The service was really amazing right from the time of check-in to the time of check-out.The breakfast was impressive and had variety.the rooms were clean and very spacious. I really enjoyed the high speed internet as it was essential to meeting my business needs. The location was very convenient as I had access to an ATM, mini mall and well known restaurants. I Would recommend this hotel to anyone wether for business or leisure stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Service at reception extremely slow and needlessly over complicated!

Stayed in a three bedroom suite and all rooms were nicely decorated, very spacious and modern!

Located close to a coffee shop and restuarant but other than that you would need a taxi/car to get around. Would recommend.

• Stayed November 2012
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

For starters, upon reaching our room, we discovered that it was filthy. Dust and dirt all over the floor, bloodstained sheets, food on the kitchen counter, visible grime and dirt all over the bathtub (ie it was brown,DISGUSTING). We called down and asked someone to come up to clean the room. We called again....and again. Finally a cleaner arrived, did a quick job, only mopped the floors after I pointed out that it was still dirty and left the bathtub full of grime. To be fair, after looking at the cleaning products the maid was provided with, there wasn't any bathroom cleaning products or anything strong enough to have cleaned that tub with, which is an issue for management. So that was just the room. Secondly, there was not any functioning internet. I called down to reception to inquire about when this would be fixed and could not get a straight answer out of either of the people on the phone. I would call, the man who answered would listen to me and without saying anything pass me on to another lady who I would ask again about the internet. After asking 3 times about what was happening, apparently it was in the process of being upgraded and was not working. I was told that it would be up and running by our third night in the hotel (this was the first). By the third night, there was still no internet and we called down about this. They sent up an IT guy who came to the room, played around on my laptop and was able to start internet. Why they didn't send him on the first night I don't know. And in any case, he completely f'ed up the laptop and I can't get on the internet at home now! Lovely. Also, it only worked for about 4 hours and crashed again. We didn't bother trying to get it fixed again. The room key card stopped working after I came back to the room from the pool which was great trying to go down to reception dripping wet and waiting for their lifts which take ACTUALLY 5 minutes to arrive each time you call them. I could go on, but suffice to say that this place is completely hopeless, any dealings with the staff (especially the reception) are an ordeal and the cleanliness standards are not what you would expect. Don't go there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Al Manzil Hotel? Share your experiences!