Arrived in Bahrain the evening of Friday, 9 September. Had previously arranged with the hotel for a ride from the airport to the hotel. As scheduled, the driver was there when I came out of customs and got me to the hotel smoothly. BD10 for the service, but after the trip from the States, well worth the money!
The Marriott is very inviting. The staff is top notch! Very friendly, helpful, and professional. I was greeted by three different staff members between the car and the front desk. Check in was effortless and I was quickly off to my room with an escort down to the elevators to make sure I got to the right tower and understood the procedure for using your room key card to activate the elevators from the lobby (not required up on the floors).
Upon entering the room ... WOW! ... I was in a 1-bedroom King Suite, which was for all intent and purposes a 1-bedroom apartment. An entry foyer with a half-bath, then into the living room with sofa, area rug, entertainment system, additional seating for four, then into the dinning room with dinning table with seating for six under the chandelier. Adjacent to the dinning room is the full kitchen with: built-in full-size refrigerator/freezer, a cook top built into the marble counter top and an oven directly below that. Also in the kitchen besides more marble counter-tops, dishwasher, 1-piece washer/dryer, microwave, hot pot for heating water for coffee, etc., kitchen sink, with dish drainer, and the other cabinets are fully stocked with dishes, cookware, silverware, etc.
Moving past the dinning room/kitchen area is the bedroom with king size bed (very comfortable with crisp linens everyday, six pillows, a work desk, another flat panel t.v., wired internet (wireless also available throughout the hotel), a dressing area with heaps of closet area for hanging cloths (two of the four closets were lighted upon opening the right side door, shelving, etc. and last but not least, a full bath with marble everywhere ... and did I mention that all of this was for under government per-diem ... very niiiiccceee!
Hotel has a nice restaurant, with plenty to offer, a very good morning buffet with eggs to order. An on-site Hertz rental car desk is located in the lobby that also offers rides to the base, or elsewhere, that can be paid separately or charged to your room. I found that paying for the car service to the base in the mornings was less expensive than taking a cab. Arranging a car can be done at the Hertz desk or at the front desk ... yet another thing to like about this hotel.
Tower One houses a workout facility and swimming pool on the 20th floor ... yet another thing to like about this hotel ... did I mention that the hotel staff was Superb?!
A great stay, a great hotel, a great experience ... the Marriott Executive Apartments Manama will be my first choice on my 2 - 3 business trips to Al Manama from now on.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Executive Apartments Manama Hotel Manama
- Marriott Executive Apartments Manama Hotel
- Marriott Executive Apartments Manama Bahrain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marriott Executive Apartments Manama in Bahrain is perfect for relocations, business trips or long holidays. Only 10 minutes from the international airport and 20 minutes from the Bahrain International Circuit. Whether business or leisure, the luxury apartments offer spacious accommodations. Enjoy incredible views from your one-, two- or three-bedroom apartment with luxurious bedding, full kitchen, dedicated office area, wireless Internet and safe, housekeeping to 24-hour security and room service, skyw@lk café, swimming pools, sauna and steam room, fitness centre, children playground and resident's lounge. It's a comfortable home-away-from-home experience, whether it's for holiday or relocation to Bahrain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Agoda, Tingo, Priceline, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Marriott Executive Apartments Manama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.