“New And Clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan

You added Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   King Fahad Road - Olaya - Riyadh, Riyadh 11415, Saudi Arabia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 159 Hotels in Riyadh
Qatif
“New And Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

i stayed in this nice hote for 3 nights in business trip. the hotel is new and clean and well orgainized but they only need to improve their service. when i told the reception attendant he said that it's because of staff shortage and they will improve very soon.
Room is clean, Nice and comfortable.

I would recommed this hotel and i would stay there again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Guest R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for being our valuable guest at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan , for your good comments and review. Would love to hear from you on areas you feel need improvement as we are always keen to rectify shortfalls wherever, whenever arise and get things done immediately. You may kindly share with me your feedback and suggestion on Mohamed.Dabbas@ihg.com.as we strive to delight our discerning guests.
We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.
Mohamed Dabbass

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Arabic first
somewhere over the rainbow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed for extended business trip during which all the cracks in the hotel begin to show.

Lost laundry, i assume that the laundry i returned that was not mine made its way back to its owner - my certainly never made it back to me. Despite speaking to 7 staff members, I never heard what happended to mine or receive an apology.

Still waiting for the manager to call me - how many times do i have to ask or try to see him/her?

Food less than average and food arrived undercooked, poor selection and very repetitive buffet - okay few a day or two but not for longer stays.

Room not cleaned daily or mini bar restocked - standards of this hotel poor at best.

Would I recommend this hotel - NO

Would i recommended any of the staff - drivers very helpful; otherwise NO!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Guest R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest, Thank you for being our valuable guest at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan and for sharing your feedback. I am extremely concerned about your unsatisfactory experience and all the comments you highlighted, please accept our sincere apology for such inconvenience. I would love to meet you if you are still staying at the hotel, I am confident , we can turn around your experience to a pleasant one and make your stay more enjoyable. Should you have left the hotel, please feel free to contact me at Mohamed.Dabbas@ihg.com.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Got off to a bad start when the airport transfer didn't arrive. Tried calling the hotel three times from my international mobile phone; first time rung out and then the next two times my transfer call ended up on a deadline so I took a private taxi. Hotel room was nice enough and bed was good. I called for more drinking water in the evening but it never came. Breakfast wasn't the greatest but I've come to realise rather standard in Saudi. Think the country has a long way to go on hospitality service.

Room Tip: Don't book airport transfer.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Guest R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest, Thank you for being our valuable guest at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan and for your review. I am really concerned about your comments, it was unfortunate to have a minor technical problem with our PABX during your stay, calls were transferred but indicating a silent mode where caller feels a dead line , a remedy was done, yet we apologize for un pleasant experience as this is un acceptable. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit.
Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Had two excellent stays at at the hotel during October and November this year. The hotel has only been open for one year so everything is nice and fresh. There is an excellent buffet at breakfast with a wide range of choice. I was fortunate to receive a complementary upgrade on both occasions when I stayed to a really nice suite. Enjoy!

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for being our valuable guest at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan and for your review.We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.
Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

If you are planning to visit Saudi Arabia in Riyadh city , you need to book your hotel in Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan.

usually i visit Riyadh and sty in some excellent hotels , this time i found the best hotel that i recommend to you , the location is close to the canter,
the cleanest of the hotel is #1 ,
all employees are very kind and helpful

specially the Mr. Mohamed Awad he make my stay very nice .

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent royal suitein the Higher floors is the best i have seen
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I am a constant traveller and have stayed at numerous hotels. Hands Down, this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. This does not even deserve a 1 star, though the facilities are new and employees polite, the services is horrible.

1. I reserved a non-smoking room over 1 week in advance, i arrived to find, no only was my room not ready at (7 PM in the evening) but that they only had a smoking room for me.
2. i ordered a simple chicken sandwich from room service it did not arrive for over 1 hour.
3. the "gift shop" in the hotel was closed for the 4 days that i visited the hotel
4. the room was dirty, i poured a cup of tea and there was stale coffee and lip markings and drip markings all over the cup
5. room service did not clean my room and it was 6:00 pm the next day?!?!?!
6. location is horrible nothing remotely close to the hotel.
7. the car rental (taxi) company almost killed us on the way to the airport, horrible drivers
8. there was no consistency in the rooms, one room had soap and a laundry bag, another room had 3 towels, etc.
9 All of the bed linens and pillows felt like they were old and in need of replacement

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ALL VISITORS TO LOCATE AND STAY AT ANOTHER HOTEL.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Guest R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for being our valuable guest at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan and for your explicit feedback. I am really concerned about your unsatisfactory experience and all the comments you highlighted which I have also cascaded to the hotel operational leaders and our business partners, the Gift shop and Limousine Service.

I would have welcomed a chance to meet you or speak to you while you were still in the hotel, I am confident , we could have turned around your experience to a pleasant one and made your stay more enjoyable. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me at Mohamed.Dabbas@ihg.com.

Your comment about our new facilities and polite staff is highly appreciated.
Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind Regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Anyone reading this is probably already familiar with what passes for standard in Saudi so I'll not bore you with the ridiculous local rules and customs that might affect any female travellers other than to say that the management of this hotel told a colleague of mine who wanted to use the gym (it's forbidden) that the hotel wants to construct a separate one for ladies only.

A nice, modern building with well appointed rooms. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Two small drawbacks are that all meals are buffet only (so you pay full price even if you only want a light snack) and there is no coffee shop in which to pass the time of day. We didn't have time to search out local restaurants but most of the surrounding area appeared to be office blocks or building sites anyway and with a single female in our group we'd probably have been picked up by the fuzz for trying.

Happiness is Saudi in my rear-view mirror.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
yasser r, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Paul C,
Thank you for being our valuable guest at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan and for leaving us a feedback.
We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Glad to know you liked our modern hotel; rooms and friendly services. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.
Mohamed Dabbass

Been to Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan? Share your experiences!