I booked this place at short notice as I needed somewhere central to stay. In terms of location it was fine, and reasonably easy to find. This is advertised as an apartment hotel, so the rooms are much bigger than for a comparable rate hotel room. For SAR 500 I had a kitchen, separate living room with large flat screen TV two bathrooms and a bedroom. It seemed a real bargain, and given the Hyatt name I had expected it to be good. For the area, it was cheap, and spacious. However, it has some serious shortcomings which Hyatt should be embarrassed about including:
- Bedside light didn't work
- Hole punch in an internal wall
- the complicated shower / Jacuzzi didn't work
- the toiletries were already half used (presumably by a previous occupant)
- no bottled water in the room
- no coffee at breakfast (I had to ask for this and a jar of Nescafe then appeared)
- no butter at breakfast
- the belt on the running machine in the gym kept slipping and could easily have caused an injury
- cigarette smell throughout despite having booked a non-smoking room
Individually I could have lived with any of the above, but collectively it gives the impression of a hotel that is not particularly bothered about its guests. As I said above, it was a very competitive price, and that may work for you, but I doubt I will be back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Buyutat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.