“good quality business hotel but ...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Riyadh

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Riyadh to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Riyadh
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Mubarakiah Plaza, King Abdulaziz St, Riyadh 11415, Saudi Arabia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #12 of 150 Hotels in Riyadh
Reading, United Kingdom
“good quality business hotel but ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2008

The Radisson SAS is a very good quality business hotel located in a district surrounded by military headquarters with nothing to see or anywhere of interest to walk to (not even a shopping mall!). The staff though were incredibly helpful and as venue for general appointments it was perfectly adequate and probably better than the Al-Failsaliah which has a much busier lobby (and where you'd probably have problems having meetings with women). The hotel itself though isn’t a patch on the Al-Failsaliah, but just as expensive. Do bring ear plugs for a decent night’s sleep – the call to prays in this area is louder than anywhere else I’ve stayed and woke me up at 4.00 during my first night!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, UAE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

This is a great hotel (for Riyadh) the rooms on the Royal Club level are the largest I have ever stayed in.

The buffet style breakfast is very good and has plenty of choice.

There is a japanese restaurant and also an Italian.
I have dined at the Italian several times and found it to be one of the best restaurants in the city with excellent food / service.

The health club / pool is also 1st class.

Ideally located, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
I have stayed here more than 1/2 a dozen times and the standard is always high.

Stayed August 2007
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2007

I stayed at the Radisson RIyadh for two weeks. We stayed in a Royal Club suite. The room itself was lovely; well decorated and cosy with a desk and internet connection, sofas, separate bath and shower areas, and fresh fruit, etc. The service was great - room service, wake up calls, housekeeping etc, and the entire staff (reception, cleaning, restaurants) was friendly, for eg showing me how to operate the coffee machine :) However efficiency was not always great - sometimes they forgot to put in toiletries but would immediately send them up once told. The food is good - not excellent, and one major complaint I have is that the Royal Club lounge serves no food - or has never whenever I have been there. The gym, sauna and steam room are great and the gym is well equipped. Overalll, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to travellers above other Riyadh hotels I have stayed in.

• Liked — Friendliness, comfortable room
  • Disliked — Desserts
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Jeddah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2006

First of all, I have been to Riyadh several times and stayed in different hotels. This one was the worse! Also, I have been to Daubi, Abu Dhabi, Beirut, Rome, Vienna, and for sure Radisson SAS Riyadh was the WORST one.

I went there for one night with my wife and my two years old son. We stayed in room 1013. The room itself was nice, lovely decoration and setup, wide screen Plasma TV, separate living room, huge room size.

We arrived around 11 pm late and we were exhausted from a long trip. We just wanted to eat dinner and sleep immediately.

Here is the story:
•We book a non smoking room as it is shown in the confirmation e-mail I received from the hotel. I double checked it from the receptionist while checking in, he confirmed that it was non smoking. When we went to bed, pillows smell cigarettes. A match was their in the room with cigarettes ash tray. I leave the judgment to you!
•We ordered two hot dishes for dinner. One was hot and the other one was cold! I asked them to replace it.
•We had one piece of luggage. We waited for 40 minutes without changing our clothes! (myself, my wife and my 2 years old son). During the 40 minutes, I called them twice, each time they tell me it is in the way! After around 50 minutes, I went down stairs to reception and asked them about my bag. They asked me where I leaved it!? What is my car model and type?!
•The worst thing: my wife after a long trip in the airplane and from the airport to the hotel, wanted to use the toilets. As most hotels, toilets are covered and you need to left up the cover so you can use the toilet. She left the toilet, and then called me. I am sorry that I can not tell you what was there!. I called the manager on duty to the room and showed him what we saw. He started explaining and bluffing us with (s--t)!

Frankly we did not have time to ask for another room. It was almost 1am and we have to wake up early next morning.

I wrote a letter to hotel manager explaining everything in detail and asked him to respond to me. I mentioned my complete contact information.

Now, it is almost more than 10 days past, and no one called.

I e-mailed customer service of Radisson SAS hotels with this issue couple of days ago. No answer as well.

I will not say anything more, I will let you judge your self.

Regards,

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Riyadh? Share your experiences!