“A Welcoming and Comfortable Stay for a Woman in Riyadh” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Olaya, Kingdom Centre, Riyadh 11321, Saudi Arabia   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 150 Hotels in Riyadh
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“A Welcoming and Comfortable Stay for a Woman in Riyadh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I recently stayed several nights at the Four Seasons Hotel in Riyadh. I felt very welcome and safe as a woman traveling alone. They take care to place women in rooms near the elevators with no connecting doors to other rooms. Check in was smooth and a few minutes after getting to my room they brought me a small plate of chocolate and Arabic dessert and later a fruit plate and bottle of Aqua Panna to welcome me. Each afternoon they left another bottle of Aqua Panna.

There was also a room dedicated to women's workouts (some hotels offer no workout equipment for women--I'm talking about you, the Ritz--or gym time at inconvenient hours for businesswomen). Although it was small, there was a treadmill, elliptical, and stationary bike along with weights and an exercise ball. They had bottles of water and a plate with fruit and nuts on it.

I appreciated that each time housekeeping checked the room, they left more water. Riyadh is a dry place and it's nice to be able to have a glass of water or make tea whenever I like. (If you want a tea kettle, you just need to ask, they have a fancy nespresso maker in the room otherwise).

The decor was pretty with tasteful purple accents. Room service food was excellent. The hotel is connected to the Kingdom Centre Mall, so when it's raining or there's a dust storm, you don't have to go outside to get there. I felt fine walking around with an abaya, but not covering my hair both in the hotel and the mall.

My room had a huge window with a nice view over the city. It's in the tallest building in town.

Staff were always polite and helpful and I enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I have been there for a business trip on 3rd week of April 2012. The main attraction for me is the restaurant. Those who love Asian food, this is a right place. Room service is just average. The location at kingdom tower gives a clear view of entire Riyadh. This hotel should be great experience at least for one time

Caldicot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Can't fault this luxury hotel chain, food amazing, kids entertained what more?

emilia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

The Hotel is located in the famous Kingdom Tower, formerly the highest building of Riyadh. Very clean, supposed to be luxury location, large rooms and all expected facilities. Regarding the Hotel absolutely no problem, very kind staff, excellent service, absolutely outstanding the bed, perfect cleaning and restaurants. The minor problems are mostly related with the place, nothing to do and see around, if you decide to use a normal taxi instead that a Hotel Car you may get nervous, and the price is definitely quite high.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I have been there for one week for a business trip
The hotel is amazing but the service is poor
This was my second stay and missing things was there
In my third day when I return back to the room around 14:00 I found the room dirty and no one
Attend to make up or clean the room also the fruit basket I have it was there for 3 days without change
I have to contact one of the hotel management to change it
Also in my 4th night I want to go to the SPA when I ask one of the employee at the reception he said it will close at mid night
When I reach there was 22:30 and it was close already miss communication or we can say the staff knowledge is poor
The hotel lobby is always busy without side guest it is good because I feel good when I see the lobby busy
The elements restaurant is fine also the In room dining it is fabulous
By the end the hotel is good and they must do renovation

Regards
Mazen

Paris, Doha, Damascus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I am a "regular" of the Four Seasons - used to stay a lot in the Doha - QATAR one.
This was my first time at the FS Riyadh : very nice experience. Only thing I regret is that it was only ONE night...

Room was excellent and top service.
For me it's the best business hotel in Riyadh

Room Tip: High floor for the perfect view
wolverhampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

It was my first time in Riyadh, and my company (Saudi based) recommended this hotel for its 'western' staff. The rate was around £550 per night... or a bargain £350 at the special company rate! Needless to say, its unlikely I would ever stay here unless someone else was picking up the rather heavy bill.

It was, as you would expect, frequented by the usual business types and (super) rich Arabian locals, and we were all very well looked after.

I had a standard room (at the rates described above), and it was beyond my expectations; great view of the cityscape from the 33rd floor; very large room, iPod dock, TV built into mirror, well stocked mini bar, great work / desk area.... I couldn’t really ask for more.

The staff (mainly foreign and well spoken) take care of anything you want ... at a cost (which you don’t even bother asking or looking at). The buffet restaurant is one of the best I have experienced on all my global travels, with a world wide variety of dishes at a very high quality. I didn’t experience the other two (inc. a recently renovated Italian) restaurants, but I heard from colleagues that they were just as good (and expensive) as everything else.

The only negative was the rather pretentious atmosphere (but that might have been my own perception, not being used to such an environment). No doubt I'll be back there again, and I'll be sure to make the most of it while someone else picks up the bill.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Riyadh at Kingdom Centre? Share your experiences!