“1st stay after renovations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Riyadh

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Riyadh to your Saves list
InterContinental Riyadh
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mazaar Street | Po Box 3636, Riyadh 11481, Saudi Arabia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #12 of 145 hotels in Riyadh
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“1st stay after renovations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel last year when it was still renovating and having the reception location changed and so many re-directions in the hotel, when I arrived early this week I was surprised with the great shape of the lobby and reception as well as the lobby cafe.

surprisingly, I was booked on the same room I stayed in last year or may the one next to it, but I was not as impressed with the room as it was the same as last year and obviously needs some touches and renovations or upgrade to the furniture and bathroom.

As I arrived a bit late, I ordered something to eat from room service, and the service was very good and the food was just perfect.

As I was attending a conference in the hotel, I have been through the banquet room that was very well prepared, the sound system was working very well and the service team did a good job.

Checking out was very smooth and my airport transportation was arranged on time.

As an over all, it was a very good experience staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker, you need to mention that at the time of booking to be able to get a room th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tariq D, General Manager at InterContinental Riyadh, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Tarek,

Thank you for your recent review of the InterContinental Riyadh during your last stay with us.

I wish to express my thanks for your nice impression of the newly renovated lobby, reception and the lobby cafe. Furthermore, we are truly grateful for giving us a good rating on your overall experience that includes the services from our Room Service, the Banquet facilities and your smooth check-out.

Except for one thing, the rooms in the main building are in need of a make over. Indeed, you are right. However, I would like to inform you that the next phase of renovation will be the rooms and suites of the main building which will soon to start.

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

A very well maintained hotel considering that it has been there for many years.
Excellent internet access. Good food, spacious room and nice ambiance.
The hotel has excellent facilities for meetings and conferences. The staff were very helpful and accommodating.
The hospital entrance is off a main street, and is not a walking distance form any services or facilities. However, it is in almost a central area and easy to reach main shopping centers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tariq D, General Manager at InterContinental Riyadh, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Guest Fujey-15,

I am really grateful for the nice compliments you gave on our facilities, food and beverages, meeting and conference rooms, including the helpfulness and accommodating attitude of our staff. I will cascade your review to each and everyone so they can savor your compliments and that will serve as a challenge for them to continue the good services, or to surpass.

We look forward to welcome you and to have the pleasure of serving you again.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Have been there a few times for lunch/dinner, and have not actually stayed on the property.
The buffets especially are worth the price, as the variety and the quality of food are great.
Definitely worth a visit with family or friends for a meal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Tariq D, General Manager at InterContinental Riyadh, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest Arshadmian786,

Let me express my thanks and gratitude for your patronage to our Food and Beverages especially, the Al Bustan Restaurant. Excellent comments, from our regular guests like you, are a testament to our sensitivity to guests' suggestions and recommendations and I would surely cascade this to our Food and Beverage Department.

We look forward to have the pleasure of serving you again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

From the time that we arrived, we were amazed by the professionalism of the entire team from the door to the reception, up to the rooms. The housekeeping team vere very efficient. The turn down service was a fantastic surprise every evening. The Restaurant team were very professional and really enjoyed serving cusromers, not only us Really great team.

• Stayed May 2013
Tariq D, General Manager at InterContinental Riyadh, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Mr. William,

Thank you for staying with us at InterContinental Riyadh and giving us your review.

I really appreciate your excellent comments and I feel proud of the "professionalism" our staff have delivered their services to you. I have shared your review to all my department heads down to all colleagues as I am sure this will energize their confidence to continue delivering the InterContinental experience.

Tariq Dowidar
Acting General Manager
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Staff at the Intercontinental are impeccably polite. Nothing was too much trouble and they are more than obliging on matters of local custom etc.
Room Service menu was particularly average.
The quality was very good but the menu was 90% western food.
Im a westerner but I love Middle Eastern food too.
Attached Monda restaurant was "pleasant"
The staff can direct you to a Lebanese restaurant only 10mins walk from the hotel.
Fitness Centre & pool (Men only) included sauna, steam room & massage. BYO headphones as the gym doesn't supply them.
The outdoor pool is deep & 26m long...there is a 15m indoor pool too but it's hard to find. Ask the staff.
The hotel shop is poorly stocked but there are some small shops nearby for essentials.
Supermarkets however require a taxi.

• Stayed April 2013
Tariq D, General Manager at InterContinental Riyadh, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Mr. Anthony845,

Thank you for your review of the InterContinental Riyadh during your last stay with us.

It pleases me to receive a very appreciative review specially the politeness of our staff and their obliging nature. I have cascaded your comment to all staff and I am sure they are very happy about it.

I have noted your comments on the Room Service menu as well as the Hotel shop, please be assured that these will be addressed accordingly.

Sincerely yours,

Tariq Dowidar
Acting General Manager
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for almost 16 months in 2008 and half of 2009 and then returned one year ago for few nights. The hotel did improve in some areas, but still most of the furniture is still oldish

Staff is very helpful and hotel has all the amenities you would want to: 3 tennis courts, spa, 2 pools, 2 squash courts, golf course, good gym. Location is around 10 minutes from the centre, which given the size of Riyadh makes it very central. Room service is good, rooms are big if you get upgradeded.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room close to the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Tariq D, General Manager at InterContinental Riyadh, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guest Carstoluc,

Let me express my thanks for your continue patronage to our property since 2008. Your encouraging comments give us the challenge to keep on improving both our facilities and the way we serve you on a personal level.

Indeed our rooms in the main building are quite oldish, however, let me assure you that this will be our next phase of renovation after our lobby, restaurants and conference rooms.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to the InterContinental Riyadh.

Yours truly,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

One of the oldest 5 star hotels in Riyadh. Located in the center of the Saudi Capital, stretched out over a huge space of open space.
Recently renovate but kept the original old look that stood to the test of years of harsh weather.
Very friendly and hospital staff.
The suites have plenty of space, meets all the requirements of your business trip.

Room Tip: Book in advance,,, the hotel is usually fully booked all year long,, Summer may be an exception (les...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Tabshim,

Thank you for your review of the facilities and services of the InterContinental Riyadh during your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to note of your excellent review and I feel proud of the various departments and colleagues who made your stay comfortable and memorable.

We look forward to welcome you again to your second home in Riyadh.

Kind regards.

Tariq Dowidar, Acting General Manager

Been to InterContinental Riyadh? Share your experiences!