Stayed here because the Sheraton, which I like, was full.
Initial impression on arrival was dull and grubby. checked out the gym- terrible: half the kit was broken. The other half was filthy.
Room was OK but felt it could have done with a more thorough clean. There was also a faint rancid smell throughout. Why only a phone by the bed? Most business hotels have one at the desk and another at the bed. Found myself having to run backwards and forwards between my computer and the phone.
The food laid out in the buffet restaurant: looked unfresh and highly unappetising. I took all meals outside.
Staff were at all times courteous but uncoordinated. A little chaotic at times.
There is a more modern and freshened up Holiday Inn right next door to the same hotel - run by the same management. I changed my room to the new building - and this proved to be marginally better. If staying at a Holiday Inn is a must - I would have far preferred the Holiday Inn Al Qasr, 5 minutes down the road - different management, much better atmosphere - nicer food.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Riyadh-Olaya Hotel
- Holiday Inn Riyadh-Olaya Hotel Riyadh
- Holiday Inn Riyadh
- Riyadh Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Olaya Riyadh is conveniently located in the commercial center of Riyadh and the new modern shopping area, just 30 minutes drive from King Khaled International Airport. Holiday Inn Olaya is close to the ministries, the major reputable hospitals, the Exhibition Center and to the major corporate companies in Riyadh. With 298 guest rooms including suites, the hotel provides different level of accommodation ranging from Standard Rooms through to Executive Rooms, Junior Suites, Senior Suites and a roof-top penthouse. All guest rooms are equipped with satellite LCD TV's, data port and wireless high speed internet in all the rooms and public area. Also enjoy our complimentary Hospitality tray in all the rooms including Tea and Coffee. The latest technology also extends to the meeting and conference rooms which offer a range of audio visual facilities and accommodate from 10 to 450 delegates. Dining options in the hotel include the Olaya Express Coffee Shop offering a wide range from the international cuisine. Guests also can enjoy a Dinner BBQ at the pool side.Equally spectacular are the hotel's leisure facilities which include and outdoor swimming pool and Whirlpool, luxurious Fitness Center with the latest equipment, Sauna and Steam Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Riyadh-Olaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.