“Expensive Breakfasts” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Riyadh Minhal

You added Crowne Plaza Riyadh Minhal to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Riyadh Minhal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   King Abdulaziz Road | P.O Box 17058, Riyadh 11484, Saudi Arabia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 159 Hotels in Riyadh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Expensive Breakfasts”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My first time at this hotel and the room was comfortable, although the workspace area is very small, at least in the room I had. Bathroom is fine and cupboard space more than enough for a week's business trip. The kettle and re-supply of water and biscuits was a nice touch.

The reconstruction is still going on, but this did not bother me, staff were pleasant.

The only annoying thing was having to pay 135 riyals (USD36) for a couple of pieces of fruit, a croissant and a pot of green tea. Next time (if there is one) I will bring my own green tea and have breakfast in my room.

I paid a mere 50 Riyals for a club sandwich for lunch one day which was better value than the breakfast

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chakib L, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Riyadh Minhal, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest and Reviewer

First of all I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Riyadh Minhal to be your home while in Riyadh, and we are looking forward to seeing you staying with us again and again.

We are happy to read comments on your experience during your recent stay with us and surely they will enable us to further improve our services and facilities to provide you with better quality of Service, surely that your comments about the breakfast are of great value to us our buffet breakfast is offering 3 main options, continental breakfast, , Buffet Breakfast and American Breakfast where charges defer from one to another we will make sure during your next stay with us to clarify the above said options to enable you enjoy Crowne Plaza brand ONE STEP AHEAD promise and further , contribute into your travelling success

Once again thank you very much for taking time to write your review on trip advisor and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Riyadh Minhal .during your future visits to Riyadh

Crowne Plaza Riyadh Minhal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

this the 5th time i stay there,and it will not be the last,as a psychiatrist i assure that the quality of sleep is incomparable,as if i haven't slept before ,Omar in front desk was very helpful and caring,all the staff of the restaurant was incredible,Jawad the manager of the restaurant and khan and Kreem,the house keeping guy is perfect,my wife stayed to learn from him how to make the room
i recommend this hotel to any one with a sleep problem,to anyone in riyadh,the location of the hotel is perfect,close to the zoo,close to hyatt mall and downtown

Room Tip: wooden floor,city view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chakib L, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Riyadh Minhal, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest and Reviewer

First of all I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Riyadh Minhal to be your home while in Riyadh, and we are looking forward to seeing you staying with us again and again .

We are happy to read comments on your experience during your recent stay with us and surely they will enable us to further improve our services and facilities to provide you with better quality of Service surely that Omar is among our best performers and is a great member of our front desk team , the Crowne Plaza Riyadh Minhal entire team is fully committed to enable you enjoying Crowne Plaza brand ONE STEP AHEAD promise and contribute into your travelling success

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I loved the clean and new room they gave me. Enjoyed staying there. They are still renovating the lobby and walkways which look like a left over from the 80's. I recommend especially after they finish redecorating the place.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest and Reviewer

We are happy to read comments on your experience during your recent stay with us and surely they will enable us to further improve our services and facilities to provide you with better quality of Service surely that the ongoing expansion will enable us to offer you a much larger lobby area providing the latest facilities and services to enable you you enjoying Crowne Plaza brand ONE STEP AHEAD promise and contribute into your travelling success

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The hotel was undergoing renovation when i stayed there, but this was in no way an encumbrance to my stay. However as one may gather I did say at the old portion of the hotel and my review should be viewed in this manner.

This is mainly a business hotel and it is away from the area one would want to be if one is a non-business traveler. Getting a taxi is not a problem, but it is not a breeze either.

The location of the hotel is what irritated me the most, however on most other counts like courtesy and cleanliness it was decent. The hotel staff were not world class, but they were very warm whenever required.

I room was decent and clean. The hotel apparently laid great emphasis on sleeping well, therefore they had some sort of pillow spray & roll on to aide the process. This worked well and I was pleasantly surprised.

So all in all it is a decent hotel for business stays and if the location is not a constraint, then post the renovation this would be a good hotel to stay in.

Not much dining options, but again post renovation I am sure this will change.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chakib L, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Riyadh Minhal, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Guest and Reviewer

We are happy to read comments on your experience during your recent stay with us and surely they will enable us to further improve our services and facilities to provide you with better quality of Service surely that the ongoing expansion will enable us to offer you a much larger lobby and public areas, 4 specialty restaurants & numerous meeting rooms to satisfy every need and complemented by world class service enabling you to enjoy Crowne Plaza brand ONE STEP AHEAD promise and contribute into your travelling success

Taipei
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I'm quite picky when choosing hotels. I like my hotels fairly-priced and provide a good night sleep especially when traveling on business. I have stayed at this hotel twice as has become my go to hotel in the Kingdom. I'm quite old-fashioned. If it's a good hotel, I usually will not change. And it is true for the Crowne in Riyadh. The bed and pillows are excellent, very very high quality. The bathroom has hot water at a good pressure. English shows on TV to relax before getting some sleep. Steady wifi in the room. There is a desk next to the window where there is a switch-controlled curtain to block the Arabian sun. Overall, it is a wonderful escape after you've been out in the city in the day time. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I used to stay at the Marriott in Riyadh but stopped several years ago because of the musty smelling rooms, dated and worn room furniture, and poor quality restaurant service. I have been staying the past 3 years at the Crowne Plaza Minhal on business trips to Riyadh, and overall it is a decent quality business hotel. For Saudi Arabia, the front desk operation is quite efficient and pleasant.

Most recently I stayed Nov 26 - 28 at the Crowne Plaza Minhal and I was not disappointed. I arrived late at night and my room was waiting, along with a fruit plate. Check-in was quick and the room was quiet. Although renovation/construction noise is certainly loud during the day, I only ate lunch once at the hotel.

The restaurant has been consistently good over the years and I would certainly recommend it for business lunches or dinners. The buffet is somewhat pricey (SR 205 net for dinner and SR 185 net for lunch) but a good assortment of food is served and the waiters are very observant.

Taxi service is readily available from the hotel, and I have not had any problem with taxi drivers unable to find their way back to this property.

All in all, I would certainly recommend this hotel as a good 4 star property for business travelers and convenient to Government ministries, Royal Commission Headquarters, Prince Sultan Medical City, etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stopped at the Crowne Plaza Riyadh for one week during October 2012

The first thing to know is that there is construction work going on at this hotel. During the day the sound of hammering is very intrusive and this did go on into the evening on some occasions.

Also quite bizarrely it was thought a good idea to move a monster construction machine at 3.00am one night onto the back of a low-loader truck. I am sure I wasn't the only guest woken up by the racket it made !

Check in was professional. Checking out was the same.

The bedroom I had was quite small although well appointed. There was no desk to work at having only a shelf by the window for the laptop (just wide enough for a laptop)

Internet access is free (very good) and speed seemed perfectly acceptable.

There is a small coffee table and leather chair.

A nice bowl of fruit was provided on the first two evenings but after that none was provided.

The bathroom whilst very small was good with a large walk-in shower with good toiletries provided.

The iron in the room was completely useless being a non steam iron, also the plug was broken exposing bare wires. It beggars belief that non steam irons are put in hotel rooms in this day and age !

I didn't use the one restaurant at all so can't comment other than it looked rather basic in appearance.

The lounge also leaves a lot to be desired being just an open space with chairs and tables. The drink and food menu in the lounge was limited but the waiter was very good and actually organised some food not on the menu. Well done to him !

This is not a new hotel and compared to some of the regions hotels it really does not match up favourably for quality or amenities. But saying that having stayed in four hotels in riyadh it isn't the worst you could choose (bearing in mind the on-going construction)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Riyadh Minhal? Share your experiences!