“A very good business hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2907 Sheik Abdulwahab Bin Abdullah St | Izdihar District Unit 1, Riyadh 12488, Saudi Arabia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #14 of 145 hotels in Riyadh
Cheshire
“A very good business hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I didn't know what to expect from the Holiday Inn Izdihar as the reviews were a bit mixed but I was pleasantly surprised.
The check in was smooth, friendly and efficient and the staff went out of their way to find me a non smoking room ( the hotel was full).
They even checked the room first as they explained that sometimes guests ignore the no smoking rule in these rooms.
The rooms were cleaned daily and on request. Extra requests such as more pillows were also dealt with promptly.
The most impressive factor was the food in the restaurant which boasted a very good variety of starters, mains and desserts. The service in the restaurant was also exemplary.
All in all a very positive five nights in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the kind comments regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, feedback like this makes me proud as a Manager.

I look forward to welcome you once more at the Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar,if ever travels bring you back here.

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights, liked the place, good lobby.

didn't have time to try the food nor the service, but the overall look is good. Room is spacious and bed is comfy, close to the airport.

I believe it is expensive though...

Hint: Make sure you get a room on the other side of the road.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the road are noisy, avoid them.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the kind feedback. I look forward to welcoming you once more at the Holiday Inn Izdihar, Riyadh.

Dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Service level is improving slightly in hotel however still touch of 5 stars is not there
Towels and utilities are below standards the bed is not comfortable as it should be for such hotel group
Last but not least dinner is over priced.

Stayed February 2013
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Holiday Inn Izdihar, Riyadh and sharing your experience with us. Comments like yours will indeed help us to improve our overall service levels.

If there are anything else we can do for you to make you more comfortable on your future stays, please do not hesitate to contact my office at +966 (1) 450 5054

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This Holiday Inn is actually two identical hotels on opposite side of the road. Good breakfast buffet and fitness centre, but the price did not line up with the rooms, which although nice and clean were nothing special. A nice plus is that it's not very far from the airport. Staff quite slow.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate comments given by our guest and constantly strive to achieve highest quality of standards.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Holiday Inn Izdihar, Riyadh whenever your travel brings you back to Riyadh and if I can be in any of your assistance please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good overall hotel for business travelers. I think the price is a bit high for its level of service and overall quality.

Note the Qiblah (prayer direction for Muslims) is wrong. Check your room.

Rooms overall are above average.
Food is average.
Breakfast is average.
Location for me is good because it is outside the city centre so outside the crowd. But will depend heavily on your reason for the trip. I usually stay near the city center and not in this location. Because of the nature of this business trip, i chose this location.

Room Tip: Watch as there are two different buildings separated by a street, awkward design!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience during your stay with us.

I am pleased that you still have overall enjoyed your stay with us. I will be delighted to share your views with my team.

I have carefully noted your comments and will make sure that it will be properly address and action.

Should travel brings back you at the Holiday Inn Izdihar, Riyadh, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Regards,

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar is one of my favorite because of its location only. It is the first hotel you will face when entering Riyadh. It is located at north loop around 15 minutes from Riyadh ( King Khalid ) Airport.
I stayed at this hotel at least 5 nights each month for the past few months due to a project I am currently handling. As I said in the title , the hotel has good rooms but poor service.
They are not predicable , sometime there is no soap in the bath rooms , or short of towels or trash basket is not emptied or trash basket is not in the room or no newspaper at my door in the morning. Since I am a Priority Club gold member I expect that they upgrade my room automatically . Thanks to their shift manager who almost always do the upgrade after I request. I requested them many time to make sure to reserve me a non-smoking room because I have allergy and cannot stand the smoke. Almost always they do not get me what I want and almost always ask them to change the room.
These little things is irritating especially if you are staying in the same hotel many times and you think they know you by now.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience during your stay with us. I will be delighted to share your views with my team.

Regards,

Beirut, Lebanon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Izdihar for approximately 3 months in 2012 and frankly, it was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in - and I've sampled quite a few, as my job requires me to travel most weeks.
I was completely appalled by the lack of standards that I witnessed time and time again. I cannot say enough bad things about whoever it was that granted this hotel 5-star status.
The shortcomings range from consistent little sources of irritation (such as the front desk staff forgetting to perform wake up calls, or some of the hotel employees discussing random topics very loudly at around 3AM outside my room door/window) to a worrying absence of standards in areas such as hygiene - I once had to wait for 3 days before anyone bothered to clean up my room, for instance. In another case, one of my colleagues mentioned he found two or three empty bottles, as well as a number of other items that would be considered rubbish, under his mattress.
The list goes on: non-smoking rooms smelling like giant ashtrays upon check-in, inappropriate behavior from staff members on more than one occasion, empty minibars, excruciatingly slow pace of room service, etc.
The only possible redeeming point to this whole experience would have been the ability to gain Priority Club points. Unfortunately, my colleagues and I were denied even this, a feature most hotel chains would consider basic. The reason, apparently, was that, as corporate clients, we enjoyed some sort of discounted rate (which at upwards of $200 a night, I assume makes the Izdihar branch one of the most expensive Holiday Inns around).

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's as far away as possible from the Northern Ring Road, one of Riyadh's b...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Holiday Inn Izdihar, Riyadh experience on Tripadvisor.
If we can do anything to make your future stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly on +966 14504054

Regards

Assistant General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar? Share your experiences!