“Very overpriced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2907 Sheik Abdulwahab Bin Abdullah St | Izdihar District Unit 1, Riyadh 12488, Saudi Arabia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 144 Hotels in Riyadh
London, United Kingdom
“Very overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This Holiday Inn is actually two identical hotels on opposite side of the road. Good breakfast buffet and fitness centre, but the price did not line up with the rooms, which although nice and clean were nothing special. A nice plus is that it's not very far from the airport. Staff quite slow.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate comments given by our guest and constantly strive to achieve highest quality of standards.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Holiday Inn Izdihar, Riyadh whenever your travel brings you back to Riyadh and if I can be in any of your assistance please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good overall hotel for business travelers. I think the price is a bit high for its level of service and overall quality.

Note the Qiblah (prayer direction for Muslims) is wrong. Check your room.

Rooms overall are above average.
Food is average.
Breakfast is average.
Location for me is good because it is outside the city centre so outside the crowd. But will depend heavily on your reason for the trip. I usually stay near the city center and not in this location. Because of the nature of this business trip, i chose this location.

Room Tip: Watch as there are two different buildings separated by a street, awkward design!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience during your stay with us.

I am pleased that you still have overall enjoyed your stay with us. I will be delighted to share your views with my team.

I have carefully noted your comments and will make sure that it will be properly address and action.

Should travel brings back you at the Holiday Inn Izdihar, Riyadh, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Regards,

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar is one of my favorite because of its location only. It is the first hotel you will face when entering Riyadh. It is located at north loop around 15 minutes from Riyadh ( King Khalid ) Airport.
I stayed at this hotel at least 5 nights each month for the past few months due to a project I am currently handling. As I said in the title , the hotel has good rooms but poor service.
They are not predicable , sometime there is no soap in the bath rooms , or short of towels or trash basket is not emptied or trash basket is not in the room or no newspaper at my door in the morning. Since I am a Priority Club gold member I expect that they upgrade my room automatically . Thanks to their shift manager who almost always do the upgrade after I request. I requested them many time to make sure to reserve me a non-smoking room because I have allergy and cannot stand the smoke. Almost always they do not get me what I want and almost always ask them to change the room.
These little things is irritating especially if you are staying in the same hotel many times and you think they know you by now.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience during your stay with us. I will be delighted to share your views with my team.

Regards,

Beirut, Lebanon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Izdihar for approximately 3 months in 2012 and frankly, it was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in - and I've sampled quite a few, as my job requires me to travel most weeks.
I was completely appalled by the lack of standards that I witnessed time and time again. I cannot say enough bad things about whoever it was that granted this hotel 5-star status.
The shortcomings range from consistent little sources of irritation (such as the front desk staff forgetting to perform wake up calls, or some of the hotel employees discussing random topics very loudly at around 3AM outside my room door/window) to a worrying absence of standards in areas such as hygiene - I once had to wait for 3 days before anyone bothered to clean up my room, for instance. In another case, one of my colleagues mentioned he found two or three empty bottles, as well as a number of other items that would be considered rubbish, under his mattress.
The list goes on: non-smoking rooms smelling like giant ashtrays upon check-in, inappropriate behavior from staff members on more than one occasion, empty minibars, excruciatingly slow pace of room service, etc.
The only possible redeeming point to this whole experience would have been the ability to gain Priority Club points. Unfortunately, my colleagues and I were denied even this, a feature most hotel chains would consider basic. The reason, apparently, was that, as corporate clients, we enjoyed some sort of discounted rate (which at upwards of $200 a night, I assume makes the Izdihar branch one of the most expensive Holiday Inns around).

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's as far away as possible from the Northern Ring Road, one of Riyadh's b...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Holiday Inn Izdihar, Riyadh experience on Tripadvisor.
If we can do anything to make your future stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly on +966 14504054

Regards

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Enter a secure compound into a nice low-rise Holiday Inn. Central Lobby holds the restaurant - breakfast is great - very comprehensive. Other meals fine too. The rooms are standard Holiday Inn fare. Clean room and bathroom - the fit-out apparently not that old. Hotel staff are responsive and services such as dry cleaning delivered efficiently. The hotel is a little isolated and requires cars each time you go out.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the kind comments regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Riyadh- Izdihar, feedback like this makes me proud as a Manager.

I look forward to welcome you once more at the Holiday Inn Izdihar if ever travels bring you back here.

Baroda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The rooms are excellent, with comfortable beds. The breakfast was also quite good. Room internet is complimentary and quite goid. Overall a very good business hotel not so far from the airport. Rooms are very clean with very clean bathroom. The hotel has good business services and is good for a business traveller. Overall excellent!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you will have any future trip to Riyadh.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hotel is quite, technology staff like TV and Telephone are of low quality, I called the maintenance twice to replace the battery of the TV REMOTE CONTROL, they were nice but they did not fix ot from the first time, food is great, parking stuff. Were not around when i reached the hotel late at night and bell man was not there to carry my luggage
All in all it is a good hotel if you seek a short business trip

• Stayed December 2012
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us which is fully noted. We greatly appreciate valuable comments made by our guest for us to constantly improve our services and guest satisfaction.

Should travel bring you back to Riyadh, please do not hesitate to contact my office to make sure that it will be a memorable one.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar? Share your experiences!