We went for Umrah during Ramadan. Unfortunately, the hotel is not what is described on the website. It is for sure not 5 stars as claimed. Neither the furniture, the style of the rooms, the facilities, breakfast, nor the service is 5 stars.
1.The hotel is on a steep hill, it is not easy access. It is not known to Taxi drivers. It is not easy access to and from the hotel; it is not on the main street of Azeeziya.
2.Swimming Pool: nice swimming pool but not large.
3.Breakfast (Sahoor or Fatoor) is ok – but not 5 stars hotel level.
4.If you book a room with breakfast then it is Sahoor not Fatoor. To use Fatoor you have to pay extra 25 Riyal per person.
5.Bus Transfer to Harem is free but it is not direct trip in Ramadan. The hotel bus reaches up to the public transport station then public bus must be taken for Haram. The public buses are crowded and may be not suitable for ladies to be squeezed in crowds. The hotel provides the public bus ticket (2 Riyal).
6.The hotel seems not respecting the non-smoking policy for some of rooms. The smoking rooms are very bad strong smoking smell that sticks to the clothes for long time. Imagine you go to Haram with smoking smell coming from your clothes. I had been given smoking room. I had to talk to the Manager to be able to change the room to non-smoking one.
7.In the first room I Stayed the shower floor is not properly leveled, the water does not completely drained.
8.The Wi-Fi is free in the reception areas in the first and second floors.
9.The hotel Do NOT has Taxi service. You must arrange your Taxi for the airport. You must go down the hill (7-10 min walk) to the main street of Azeeziyah to take taxi. There is a small grocery shop down hill near the main street of Azeeziyah.
10.The electricity went out several times during the stay. Some periods of no electricity lasts for more than 2 hours.
11.The reception although are polite but not professional. The check-in was very slow and waste to much unnecessary time.
12.When I want to change the room to non smoking about 11 am in the morning, I asked for the manager – I have been given FALSE answer that: “The manager has a meeting in Riyad”. When I talked with the manager in the afternoon he indicated that he was not in Riyad and he will take an action towards the false information.
Unless you do not have another option, why do waste time effort and money with this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The leading leisure hotel in Makkah is ideally located in the premier residential and commercial district of Al Azizia, only 4.5 km from the Holy Mosque. This is the first 5 star hotel in Azizia and features a swimming pool, ballroom and sports and entrtainment facilities. All rooms are fully airconditioned and offer direct dial phones, LCD TV with satellite channels, wireless internet service, mini fridge and private safe. Enjoy all the comfort and service of a genuine 5 star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, ACCOR, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Despegar.com so you can book your Manazel Al Ain Mercure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manazel Al Ain Mercure Hotel Mecca
- Manazel Al Ain Mercure Makkah/Mecca