“enjoyed my stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Hibatullah

You added Mercure Hibatullah to your Saves list
Mercure Hibatullah
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Um Al Qura Street Al Hafayer | PO Box 51177, Mecca, Saudi Arabia   |
Ranked #25 of 259 Hotels in Mecca
Jakarta, Indonesia
“enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

this is not my first visit to makkah, i thank the managment of this hotel for the care they really give to holly kabaa visitors , i will always book in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Mushtaq1985, Manager at Mercure Hibatullah, responded to this review, February 7, 2013

Greetings:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hibatullah. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Peoria, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I reserved this hotel for a Ramadhan stay and it was the cheapest thing I could find close to the Haram area on priceline 400 a night during ramadhan--since all I wanted was really a place where I could sleep comfortably without having to take a taxi and that's what I got alhamdulillah. Well... the websites say it has two restaurants, and I really like that, and when you get there, you'll see next to the reservation counter some signs telling you which floors those two restaurants are on, but if you go to those floors you'll see nothing at all, except a crummy excuse for a bar. There are no restaurants. Hotel management said the only thing good nearby was a hotel buffet across the street at the Grand--and if you're a guest of the Mercure hibatullah you get a discount and only pay 90 riyals (the suhoor buffet between 1 and 4 am). As for my room... the bathroom had this really strange, unpleasant smell, don't know where it came from. The air conditioner controls were *on the ceiling* so I had to stand on the bed to change the temperature. Also, we didn't find any wifi access, but I did see an ethernet port, so maybe if you had a cord it would work. There was a fridge (but no microwave). Awful view, but unless you're facing Masjid Haraam then there's not much scenery in Mecca. Like a lot of saudi hotels, you need plug adapters to use any of the outlets, except in the bathroom there was a standard saudi plug outlet but it said "shaver only 200-250 volts" on it. As for room service, none, except during my last day someone knocked on the door with a bag full of soaps/shampoos asking me if I needed more. As for the shuttle bus, yeah, it's there, but unless you happen to be present at the exact right time you'll either sit inside and wait a while (because it doesn't take off except during prayer times) or you'll miss it--so I never caught it. One good thing was that the saptco bus station was in between the haram and the hotel in case you wanted to ride the bus. The main thing that did it for me was the restaurant though. Around the haram you either have a choice of cheap dirty restaurants, or somewhat clean restaurants that get so crowded you just about have to FIGHT to STAY in line and move forward, or super expensive hotel restaurants (you pay extra for the good clean food, plenty of choices, and nice atmosphere) but if all you want is a good garden salad you're out of luck.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

Stayed one night and didn't like it. The hotel as well as the room were clean, the hotel staff were friendly and helpful but unfortunately the room quality was not very nice.
The bed and pillows quality was horrible, AC remote control missing and there was a water leak in the shower.
I also didn't appreciate the fact that a restaurant was shown as present with pictures on the hotel website while actually it is missing.
The hotel is 700 meters from Haram, it is about 10 mn walking but in the way back there's a hill to climb and it is not very conveniant in summer time.
The fare I paid was 230SAR which is quite cheap so it is really you get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

In a city full of flea bitten, filthy, bed bug infested hotels, the Hibatullah Mercure is an oasis of cleanliness. The lobby bathroom was the cleanest I've ever seen in KSA. The reception staff were helpful and professional. There is great WiFi. They are very flexible and generous with check in and check out times. There is no restaurant, but there is fabulous Indian food just behind the hotel and a little store with great fruit next door. The shuttle to the Haram is great (the hotel is 750m from the Haram), but traffic is impossibly busy for Friday prayers (the rest of the week is fine). I would stay there again. Excellent value for money (I paid 230SR incl).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
UAE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

rooms with window AC ! we stayed for four nights ...not once was the room cleaned ! even though we asked for it twice !

Its an iranian colonoy ...everything starting from the recpetion, elevator, TV, food ...etc is in Iranian Language !

they made us pay twice and they almost lost my husband's passport !

not recomended at all ..never again

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Mushtaq Hussain

Been to Mercure Hibatullah? Share your experiences!