“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman ZamZam Makkah

You added Pullman ZamZam Makkah to your Saves list
Pullman ZamZam Makkah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Abraj Al Bait Complex | Central Area Ajyad, Mecca 21955, Saudi Arabia   |
Ranked #17 of 236 Hotels in Mecca
Islamabad, Pakistan
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I Stayed there for 3 nights, I can tell that this hotel is one of the nearest hotels in Makkah - right now - to Haram mosque; just few steps you will find yourself there.
one of the assets of this hotel is its staff, there service standards are very high they go beyond your expectations sparing no effort in doing that.

rooms are spacious,few of them having a side view to Ka'ba, I had the chance to have one of them. room cleaning process sometimes is late but it is OK as long as "the hotel is almost full and most probably everybody is requesting cleaning almost at the same time." as I heard from some friends staying there....

overall my stay was good, enjoyed my umrah, and never missed a prayer, this because my room was having speakers of Athan for all prayer.

definitely i'll come back again, when I can and I'll recommend it for all my family & friends

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Mr. Mohammed

Thank you very much for your great feedback. We appreciate taking form your valuable time to write your impression about your stay with us. We work hard to offer good, friendly & efficient service and I'm so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Ok quick 2 second introduction. I'm usually not a proactive reviewer of anything. I'm more of a review site lurker, but the experience that I had at ZamZam easily deserves a written review.

Check-in was very quick, bellboys brought our bags, up to the room, the front desk people actually spoke decent English which was a relief.

Room: There was a problem with the sink in the bathroom. We called the front desk and they sent somebody up to fix it. A little annoying but whatever no big deal. The highlight of the room is the VIEW. Through my window I could see the Ka'bah in plain sight. Gorgeous.

Service: Ok here is where ZamZam earned its points. In the lobby there is a cafe that serves high tea, coffee, and pastries, and pizza. I went there most days to get some work done on my laptop, and have coffee. A young man by the name of Asad Qayuum works at that cafe as a waiter.
I salute this man. He treated us with a lot of respect, and went above and beyond any expectations I had for service. He really went out of his way to be helpful beyond the scope of his job. He went out of his way to make us feel special.

I hope whoever visits ZamZam in Makkah goes to that cafe and sees what I'm talking about.

Overall the hotel, room, food, and ambience etc 4/5 and service was excellent 5/5

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dea Mr. Ahsan

Thank you very much for your great feedback. We appreciate taking form your valuable time to write your impression about your stay with us. We work hard to offer good, friendly & efficient service and I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I returned back from 1 day trip to Makkah and experience forced me to write my first review at tripadvisor. I stayed for a night at Pullman Zamzam Makkah hotel in my recent tour and experience was not good at all.
1. After travelling by car for 860+ kilometers, when I reached hotel the room I booked was not ready and when asking they said that it will be ready at 18:00 hours or may be later. I had a fight with hotel representative that when my check-in time in 17:00 hrs, why the room will be ready at 18:00 hrs. The hotel Representative insisted me to wait for a while. After a while I went to a different representative who told me same story that room is not clean yet and he generously is offering me a bigger room which is free. He then took me to a room which was still being cleaned. I was requested to wait till room gets cleaned and once room got cleaned after 30 more minuets, the cleaner told us to take the room. The room provided was much smaller then the room I booked and hotel representative lied to me that he is giving me a bigger room. I booked one room with 4 single beds for four adults and what I was given was 2 double beds and there was not enough room to walk around the beds in the room. Since I was there only for few hours with my family and the hotel has already wasted more then an hour, I didn't have much time to again argue with hotel and get the room changed. The behavior of hotel staff was highly unprofessional.
2. Breakfast is not good quality. During little rush, there are not enough seats to sit.
3. The quality of furniture and washroom fitting is by far worst then the money they charge.
4. The equipment available in the room does not work like the stoves provided in the room don't work at all and the keys to turn it on/off have been removed.

I can write much but to sum up the hotel is not good value for money and also they don't treat guests very well. Your confirmed booking (already paid before arrival) is no more guaranteed and they have no bad feeling about it, they will not provide good alternative.

Generally hotel representative will write back after a review to tell how much effort they are making to improve but believe me they are far from improving. My advice to guests is to find alternative hotels whenever possible and think of this hotel as a last resort.

My room# was 1347.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Mr. Tariq

Thank you for your comments sent via our website, concerning your stay at (name of hotel) on the 28th September. I have since had an opportunity to review your concerns with the management team at the hotel.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the shortfall in the standard of service on this occasion.

I was sorry to learn about the delay in checking in to your room, which was not acceptable and I can assure you that this situation is not at all typical of the standard you can expect of Pullman ZamZam. We endeavour to have all our rooms ready for guest arrival; however, the late departure of previous guests can sometimes hinder the progress of the housekeeping team.

Furthermore, I am sorry that you did not feel the staff had the appropriate attitude and you can be
assured that the management has relayed your feedback to the staff. Customer Service is of
paramount importance to us and we were deeply disappointed that, in this instance, you did not
feel welcome.

The issues raised in your review have been addressed with the food and beverage team and retraining has been set in place to ensure that there is no recurrence of this failure.

If ever we fail to provide our guests with eth service they deserve we are disappointed.
I recognise that we work in an intensely competitive marketplace and that we can only succeed by consistently providing superior service.

Thank you once again for your feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to assess and
continually improve upon the quality of our service.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis and better meeting your expectations in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Anything in the first row of Haram is a fantastic location. Hotel reception provided great service, they were very helpful in selecting rooms. One one negative; as breakfast was bit dull for this category of hotel.

Dr S Mansoor

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Dr. Mansoor

Thank you for your great feedback and this give us a pleasure of encouragement to do more better services to all our valuable guests

The issues raised in your email have been addressed with the food and beverage team and retraining has been set in place to ensure that there is no recurrence of this failure.

I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay and I will certainly pass on your comments
to my team. I know that they will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated and
remembered.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

My family with young children enjoyed our stay there...professional service, excellent cleaning, delicious breakfast & great comfort of access to Haram. I would strongly recommend this place to my friends for their blessed stay there.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Mr. Khan

Chanute, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Awesome location , nice staff. very convenient location, located in a very nice building adequate restaurants and food courts in the mall under the hotel.
very convenient check in procedure , the taxi or bus arrives into the basement on the towers where luggage handlers will take the luggage to your room and you can easily check in with out any worries. which is a great relief since dragging the luggage through the elevators was a huge concern . also finding transport to Medina or Jeddah can be very easily arranged through concierge at the hotel.
the included breakfast is also very elaborate and spacious arrangement.
the rooms however are a little smaller , we had one with 4 single beds which were arranged in one line leaving very little space to move and the other room we had two twin sized beds which were adequate for a couple and a small child

Dear Mr. Ghais

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Zamzam Makkah. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Been there for a weeks anyhow the officers doing their job in a good deeds. Their resto is a fine dine place too with so many varieties of menu . What else their access to the mall also the mosque being a great value on it.

• Stayed March 2014
Hesham K, Quality & Atittude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Guest

Sincerely

Been to Pullman ZamZam Makkah? Share your experiences!