“Fantastic location, but not a 5 star level” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman ZamZam Makkah

You added Pullman ZamZam Makkah to your Saves list
Pullman ZamZam Makkah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Abraj Al Bait Complex | Central Area Ajyad, Mecca 21955, Saudi Arabia   |
Ranked #17 of 236 Hotels in Mecca
Amman, Jordan
“Fantastic location, but not a 5 star level”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have stayed at Pullman Zamzam for 1 night with my family to perform Umra. Hotel location couldn’t be better as it's located in Abraj Al-Bait Complex facing King Abdul Aziz gate directly. I booked an Executive Suite with Kaaba view, and this is exactly what I got, the suite was in the 24th floor, and the view of Haram and Kaaba was really amazing.

Check-in and check-out were very fast although reception staff were not organized.

Room amenities and furniture were good and vary, but nothing special and its quality is not what you expect from 5 star hotel. The sleeping quality of their beds was really good.

Room service was good and fast, whatever I asked they provided promptly except the complementary water they provide one bottle in the first night only regardless to the number of the room occupants. I requested a baby cot, and they provided it within 5 minutes, and it was a Rollway bed not a Traveler cot, which I appreciated for them as it was very comfortable for my baby.

Regarding the toilet, it was very small compared to the suite size, and has no kind of luxury, not upto 5 star level, it was barely rated as 3 star. Towels not very clean. Housekeeping provided all the requested toiletries & tooth brushes, although it would be much nicer to have it automatically without asking. Slippers were not provided though (shame on Accor).

Room kitchen was the dark part of the suite, it was very poor in facilities and appliances. Microwave is not there, Electrical cooker available but not working, and a Kettle is provided but without any kind of tea or coffee bags. Such tea & coffee I never miss it in a 5 star hotel before.

Breakfast was moderate and no any kind of dessert, the restaurant service is totally ZERO, and the staff and waters are absolutely rude and useless. Even tea or coffee you have to prepare it manually by yourself, and for this they provided only Lipton black tea bags and normal Nescafe bags; while in any 3 or 4 star hotel you would find more varieties such as Green tea, English breakfast tea, Early Grey tea, Gold Nescafe, etc.

Elevators service was good and fast.

Car parking was not provided to the guests by free, and they charge 250 SR/night, which is ripping-off for the hotel guests.

In conclusion the hotel was good but not upto 5 star level. I enjoyed my stay at Pullman Zamzam specially I came mainly for Umra, and the hotel location and room view were exactly what I was looking for.

Next Umra trip, I would definitely stay in Abraj Al-Bait Complex, but in another hotel than Pullman Zamzam.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry for the unacceptable service you received during your stay. I am very concerned about that as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver. We also assure you that we will be taking steps to ensure such occurrence will not be repeated in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to ensure your future stays at ZamZam Pullman Makkah to exceed your expectations. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Once again many thanks for your feedback

Hesham Al Kabbany
Quality & Attitude Manager
H6036-Qm@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Arrived at hotel at 7am however could not check in until 2pm so we did our Umrah and waited around. We finally got a room at 1pm after complaining numerous times to the manager.

Reception- Always busy, people do not wait their turn and the receptionists see to people who speak Arabic first.

Location - Best location could not get a better location in Makkah the hotel is right opposite the Haram it has a shopping mall on the ground floor with many shops and restaurants.

Rooms- Great size rooms with lounge, kitchen, en-suite, air con, wifi etc no complaints on rooms however room service was poor the room was not cleaned on a regular basis it was cleaned on the 3rd day and even then they would just replace the towels. We had asked for toilet paper in the morning and did not receive it till night the service was very poor.

Noise- Construction work was taking place throughout the whole day and night so could not get any sleep we complained to management but nothing was done as there was no other rooms available.

Food- Breakfast buffet was limited but adequate. It was more like a lunch menu than breakfast

Staff- Friendly staff, speak limited or no English

Lifts- you have to take two lifts down to get to the bottom floor it gets annoying at times but it is a minor as the location is perfect.

Overall even though the service was poor the hotel location was perfect and we had a great time and if I ever have the chance to go again I would consider cheaper hotels that share the same location as this hotel is quite expensive for the poor service it offers.

Room Tip: Double check the check in times before you book the hotels because the last thing you want after a l...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We have noted your comments regarding your last stay with us and would like to apologies for not reaching your expectations. I was very disappointed to see that your expectations were not met upon check in. I am very concerned about that as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver. We also assure you that we will be taking steps to ensure such occurrence will not be repeated in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to ensure your future stays at ZamZam Pullman Makkah to exceed your expectations.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Need To Beg Them For Cleaning Room Everyday, Especially The Toilet/Bath & To Change Towels.

Floor Stagnent, Floor Not Evenly Level To Drain Water Off To The Water Outlet.

We Need To Make Our Own Bed Daily, Wipe Tables With Wet Towels Daily Because Too Much Dust Overnight.

Regular Essential Items Not Focus, Like Laundry Bags, Pen, Drinking Water, Vacuuming.

Under Staff For Rooms Cleaner Staff.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thanks for alerting us to this. We work hard to offer good and friendly service, and I am sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations. we do hope that the above misgivings will not prevent you from considering our hotel the next time you are in Makkah
Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is our first time to stay in this hotel (18-20 April'13) and we were impress on how do they keep things organized under numbers of guest from around the world.
We were booking for two deluxe rooms and upgraded to suit with no extra cost. I am really delighted. Thanks to Guest relation manager (Mr. Yasser Kahtani).

Impression:
- Offer the best prices among the clock tower hotels
- Inches away to al-haram mosque
- Easy access to/from airport with under ground access
- Clean and quiet
- Good breakfast
- Nice and fancy look hallway.

Require Improvement;
- Bathtub glass always swing to behind the door and it may cause injury especially with young kid
- No Free WiFi though we can use from nearby hotel
- First elevators (P11 to -2) were not all active (only one or two at a time) so it cause a lot of waiting time.

Button line:
I am strongly recommend this hotel and I hope the hotel will provide free WiFi at room soon as well as manage to fix the elevators.

The best hotel to stay close to Al Haram with affordable price

Room Tip: Higher floors and right wing, you will get free wifi from nearby hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Mr, Paul,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Zamzam Makkah. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Unaizah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

It is a good experince that I have been tried in this hotel. but the price is littlel bit expensive and the light littel dim, also the A/C is very cold and you can't control the temp. by the local control panel.
And am looking to come again to this hotel....

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Zamzam Makkah. We appreciate taking form your valuable time to write your impression about your stay with us. We work hard to offer good, friendly & efficient service and I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Sincerely
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am trying to keep my review short and fair. I booked two quad rooms for 4 nights from 24/03/13. It was my lifetime umra trip with my brothers, sisters and mum. Hotel’s location is absolutely superb, the best location you can have nearest to Kaba with all amenities and shops you need which are in adjacent shopping mall. The hotel breakfast was good.
Check-in was without much delay; however the allocated rooms were not made-up after the last guests have left. Therefore they were in such mess. It was not a pleasant welcome by hotel after 20 hours journey. Once room were cleaned they were fine but the both bathrooms were smelly. Upon continues request of bad smell in bathrooms, hotel staff cleaned the bathroom drain on our third day which did get rid of bad smell.
After continues request for an iron staff fail to provide us one. But before checking-out they came to collect iron which they did not even provided us. What an inefficient Housekeeping.

Room Tip: Due to building work on behind of hotel most room in back side of hotel are noisy. If possible book...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Zamzam Makkah. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed four nights between 3rd April to 7th April and what can I say. We had booked junior suite and we were upgraded to royal suite at no extra cost. We had a beautiful view of the Kaaba and as we had children with us it was an extra benefit that we could pray in our rooms at fajr time in jamaat as they had speakers in the room. There was ample breakfast options although they were busy at certain times. Housekeeping was efficient and to great standard. I would definitely come to this hotel again and would recommend anyone who is looking at this hotel to book it. Wifi available at extra cost. Finally check out time was @ 12 but we were told we could stay till 5. Fantastic service. THank you for making our stay comfortable

Room Tip: If you want Kaaba view then ask
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your great feedback. We appreciate taking form your valuable time to write your impression about your stay with us. We work hard to offer good, friendly & efficient service and I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Pullman ZamZam Makkah? Share your experiences!