“Never again - possibly ruined an otherwise extremely spiritual experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman ZamZam Makkah

Save Saved
You added Pullman ZamZam Makkah to your Saves list
Pullman ZamZam Makkah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Abraj Al Bait Complex | Central Area Ajyad, Mecca 21955, Saudi Arabia   |
Ranked #12 of 221 hotels in Mecca
“Never again - possibly ruined an otherwise extremely spiritual experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel has ruined the Pulman name for me forever. Where do I begin - it was clear to me that this hotel did not believe in asking people to wait their turn at reception - people were walking up to the reception as I was trying to check in and being served with me having to wait ! Most of the time the reception didnt even acknowledge me till I waved in their faces. I had heard so much about this development but the only thing it provided was great access to the Kabaa. The staff were inflexible, the rooms was unnecessarily gaudy and ornate, the price was astronomical and the service was appalling. It was as if we were doing them a favour by staying there. I asked for a king size bed repeatedly but they insisted that since the booking was was double beds, they couldnt change it. The rooms had no amenities (tea or coffee, hari drying etc., mini fridge) and the one time I asked for room service it never arrived. The reception guy acted like it was my fault that the order didnt come. This overall building is ugly and takes away from the peacefulness of the Kabaa.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
I would like to thank you for your time and response showing more details that helped us investigate the matter further with the team.
I was really concerned to hear that your stay at the hotel did not meet your expectations, and would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered.
I have personally taken up the content of your e-mail with all the concerned Heads of Departments for investigation and immediate corrective measures in order to avoid such reoccurrence in the future.
Regarding your comment about the room, I am pleased to inform you that we have embarked on a hotel refurbishment programme which will bring our rooms in line with Hilton's new brand standards.This will be done gradually over the coming years starting this year.
I was really disturbed to hear about your claim on the behavior of some team members
However I would like to assure you that such behavior is not tolerated.
I trust that you will give us another chance to prove to you our outstanding levels of service with appropriate upgrades and VIP courtesies. Please address your next stay at Pullman ZamZam Makkah to my attention to allow us to take personal care of you.
Until then, please accept our regards.

Hesham Al Kabbany
Quality & Attitude Manager
H6036-Qm@accor.com

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I never write reviews but I think this hotel and service deserves a great feedback. My mom and I were in Makkah looking for a place to stay. We ended up at Zamzam looking for room availability. We were greeted by a very busy but calm and helpful manager, Monir Hossain. He ended up being a life-saver. He arranged a room for us while being very courteous and pleasant.

The rooms are spacious, the view of the Holy Mosque and Haram is breathtaking. The services from the bellboys to waiters are impressive. Breakfast consists of good variety of everything you can imagine. The restaurants were elegantly setup so you don't feel crowded.
The Hotel proximity is the best thing about this experience. We were able to hear the live-feed of azan from the Haram on the built-in speakers and able to go in the Haram before the prayer started. There are numerous shops, restaurants and cafes in the same building so you don't have to venture out of the building if you don't have the time to do so. Services by all of staff was very professional even though they were immensely busy.

I would love to come back to this hotel in future. The price is worthy being so close to the Haram and the amenities given by the hotel.

My gratitude to Mr. Monir Hossain and his team for making us lifelong customers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you very much for great feedback. We appreciate taking form your valuable time to write your impression about your stay with us. We work hard to offer good, friendly & efficient service and I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Alexandria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had a reservation at the hotel for 2 rooms. Arriving at the hotel expecting to get my rooms, suddenly the manager came to me and humbly apologized that my 2rooms are not going to be connected, I refused to receive them, in a very professional way he offered me an upgrade to a suite... The surprise that it was Kaaba view meanwhile my reservation was not.
Room is very nice of course, clean.
Breakfast buffet is also nice same as all5 stars hotels...staff are professional and ready to serve and always having surprising alternative.
I have read some comments about this hotel and I was bit anxious about services and staff behavior
From what I have experienced I could confidently testify that they do their best to satisfy their guest...
I would recommend it

• Stayed March 2013
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive comments. We work hard to offer good and friendly, efficient service and I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very close to the holly mosque. Staff are very helpful. room is very wide. you can make your shopping in the same complex.

Car parking is very expensive & not available most of time. Difficult to reach the elevator in the praying time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
We have noted your comments regarding your last stay with us, we would like to thank you for your great feedback and this give us a pleasured of encourage to do more better services to all our valuable guests.
Riyadh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Location: is very close to Holly Ka'aba in which saves time & effort, Also they have a wonderful private place inside the building (Haram Panorama View) to see & pray all prayers.

Cleanliness: so clean & organized

Treatment: They have an experienced, helpful & Friendly stuff

the place is so comfort

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

closeness to the grand holy mosque, with luxurious rooms.
Its location was very convenient for Umrah and the availability of the shopping malls was an additional benefit.
Staff cooperation & so kindness with fast check-in & out
Comfort Place
full of decoration matching with the spirit of the place
breakfast buffee was v.good.
conveniant price
Really I like it

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive comments. It is always encouraging when customers acknowledge the good work of our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Amazing Location, which is so close to "Haram", Stuff are so kind & helpful
Stylish, Compfort, Tidy & Clean with reasonable price against the whole facilities you will enjoy, Richy breakfast Buffet
All what you need can be purchased from the mall located in the same building
I enjoyed my stay there & It will be from my favorit hotels
I recommended

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the positive comments. It’s always encouraging when customers acknowledge the good work of our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Been to Pullman ZamZam Makkah? Share your experiences!