“Most Horrible Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman ZamZam Makkah

You added Pullman ZamZam Makkah to your Saves list
Pullman ZamZam Makkah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Abraj Al Bait Complex | Central Area Ajyad, Mecca 21955, Saudi Arabia   |
Ranked #15 of 236 Hotels in Mecca
New York City, New York
“Most Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed from 10th till 11th January, 2013 in the grand suite. The most horrible experience of my life and i'm a regular visitor to the hotels of the surrounding area.

I arrived after driving 15 hours from Al Khobar to the hotel and only one guy was available for check-in of 10 people. After 15-20 minutes of system search the front desk staff told me that the system has not been updated (i booked through booking.com) and you have to go to our finance department and ask them to update the system. After 20 minutes with finance the system was updated and i was giving access to the room.

One of the bath room was flooded with sewage water with horrible smell. I called the front desk, floor manager, house keeping but no body picked up the phone for 30 minutes. Finally operator picked up and said that he will send some one. No body arrived and i left for Umrah. On my return I again tried to call but no body picked up the phone. I went to the lobby to find one Indian origin guy acting as the floor manager, he showed no interest and seemed occupied with too many issues, but said that some one will come to the room.

After 30 more minutes a plumber arrived and after looking at the bathroom said that its a long job and he will close the wash room. I tried to call the front desk/floor manager/house keeping, but no body picked up the phone. I called booking.com and they talked with some staff in the hotel who told them that we will change the room immediately. But no body called me for any thing. When my family used the second bathroom it also started to flood and smell of sewage water filled the room. I was extremely tired to go through the horror of contact staff and i checked out the next morning where the front desk staff was so busy dealing with 5 customers at a time that he just looked at me on my complaint and carried on with his work. The front office manager was no where to be found.

The room was also not of a 2 star standard. Furniture had scratches, lamps were broken, walls had tea and drinks spots, tv was not working, windows had too much mud, and the room temperature device was not working as well making it extremely cold.

I would NEVER EVER STAY in Zamzam EVER nor RECOMMEND ANY ONE.
HORRIBLE STAFF AND HORRIBLE HOTEL. Dar-ul-Gufran/Safwa Tower next to them are way better on any given day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Atittude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
I have noted your comments regarding your last stay with us and would like to apologies for not reaching your expectations. I was very disappointed to see that your expectations were not met. I am very concerned about that as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver. We also assure you that we will be taking steps to insure such occurrence will not be repeated in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to ensure your future stays at ZamZam Pullman Makkah to exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Karachi,Pakistan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My father could not find any other hotel so we had to book Zamzam.We arrived at 3:30 from Jeddah but we got to know that the chck in time was 5:00.There were about 3 more large families who by the look on their faces were furious.We finally got a room but it was a four small bed room and there was barely space to walk.After doing Umrah we returned to our hotel.We lay down on their beds but they were as hard as bricks.It was 12:00 in the night but my father (who by the way is schawlaf on tripadvisor) did not care what the time was,he rushed to the main desk for a new room. He returned with a new room five minutes later.This room was larger and had two twin beds which were soft.
On our last day we called for a porter but after twenty minutes no porter came.We ended up getting our bags down to the lobby.My father scolded them in English and wrote an angry review on tripadvisor which you can view by the name of the writer schawlaf.

Room Tip: A word of advice,do not take Zamzam when you go to Makkah.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
I have noted your comments regarding your last stay with us and would like to apologies for not reaching your expectations. I was very disappointed to see that your expectations were not met upon check in. I am very concerned about that as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver. We also assure you that we will be taking steps to insure such occurrence will not be repeated in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to ensure your future stays at ZamZam Pullman Makkah to exceed your expectations.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is the worst hotel ever,The reception were very rude and they don't treat people in a good way ,we reach the hotel at 2pm coming from madinah and we were shocked that the check in time is 5pm not 2 pm so we did umrah and i return to hotel at 5pm ,I booked a 2 rooms suite but they told me there is no suites available and they will give 2rooms instead,I refused the 2 rooms and I insist on the suite but they said this what we have, there is no suites and many guest were facing the same problems ,how come I pay too much money for small room which have no water no tea no iron and the bathroom was disaster, also if u call them they don't pick up the phone and when they will talk to u, u should wait a day and half and call them hundred times to get what u want ,when I asked for iron they asked me how many minute u need the iron ..?!! I think they have 1 iron only .
Bad bad bad hotel ever

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The hotel is located within one of the seven towers of the Abraj Al Bait Complex which is just across from the Haram and is its plus point. The room and the washrooms including toiletries were OK but not upto five star hotel standards as compared to another five star facility within the same complex where I stayed for the next night with my accompanying family. To reach the underground parking area is impossible for a traveler unless he knows the area and also parking is at a high price, Breakfast buffet was included in the room rent and had ample variety. Although it was off-season, yet the reception area was crowded and there were only two staff at the reception counter out of which one indicated that he cannot speak or understand English. This resulted in a long wait for check in as only one of the two staff could speak English.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hesham K, Qaulity & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
I have noted your comments regarding your last stay with us, I would Like to thank you for alerting us to this. We work hard to offer good food and friendly service, and I’m sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations. I hope you will give us another chance in the future
Karachi, Pakistan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Currently staying here. My agent booked a suite for me for Umrah but when I arrived at 4 pm I was rudely told ' Room is dirty check in after 5' all cause I am a Pakistani while the Arabs were handled immaculately. I had to call my agent and when I went back again with reservation number, the ' suite' I was given , room 144, was more like v army barracks with 4 beds side by side and no room to walk . The bath shower drain was broken and I had to insert an amenity bottle under it for it to operate.
I went to reception to change and made to run from counter to counter , I was in Ahram had to perform my Umrah , but to no avail and after a while I gave up.
Mr and my family returned to the room at 12am extremely tired and when I lied on the bed it was akin to lying on bricks it was that hard.
I again went to the reception and after much persuasion and threats that I will write to Pullman Head Office was moved to room 607 a twin , with the promise that the third bed will be sent soon. Well a night and a day has passed the third bed hasn't arrived . The front desk is you busy to listen to my request so hence the review
Any Pakistani or any one from sub continent planning to stay here remember to leave your dignity outside as you will be treated like crap , will be lied to and eventually cheated from what you have reserved all at the Holiest place for Muslims.

• Stayed December 2012
Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

When I got to the hotel, I did not find booking
Media was that the booking had been canceled for non-payment
While the confirmation message has been sent to by you
After I came back attempts with the hotel booking was returned
Unfortunately, I did not expect this service

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hesham K, Qaulity & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
We have noted your comments regarding your last stay with us and would like to apologies for not reaching your expectations. I am very concerned about that as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver. We also assure you that we will be taking steps to insure such occurrence will not be repeated in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to ensure your future stays at ZamZam Pullman Makkah to exceed your expectations.
Al Muharraq, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there for two days. This hotel is huge. Lots of options on rooms. Staff is very helpful and polite. The location cannot be beat at the moment till something new comes up. They have a decent mall on the ground levels as well as food court, open 24 hours. The only issue I had with the stay was not caused by the hotel but when I booked the room from bookings.com. They misinformed us about the breakfast being included in our room rate. The first 5 days we had to eat outside as on the booking form the breakfast was not includ

• Stayed December 2012
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
‘Thank you very much for the positive comments. It’s always encouraging when customers acknowledge the good work of our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Been to Pullman ZamZam Makkah? Share your experiences!