“Fantastic choice of breakfast dishes! Lovely room with a fantastic view of the Kabah” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swissotel Makkah

You added Swissotel Makkah to your Saves list
Swissotel Makkah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ajyad Street | King Abdul Aziz Endowment, Mecca 762, Saudi Arabia   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #4 of 236 Hotels in Mecca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when checking in to be upgraded to a room with a view of the Kabah, by the friendly gentleman at the front desk.

The room was very spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The view from the room was simply amazing. The only thing that marred our visit were the explosions that we could hear from time to time-they are doing some extensive expansion work around the Haram so the noise was understandable

The array of choice at breakfast time was simply amazing: cooked breakfast, hummous, curries, fresh fruit and dates, fresh bread and cereals among many others.

There were also a fresh juice and waffle stations, with refreshing fresh apple and carrot juices which were very popular with the guests. The staff were all very polite and welcoming.

The hotel is part of the clock tower building and therefore you can hear the call for prayer from the hotel and it is very easy to each the masjid for salah; however depending on crowds at the time, it can get very busy so to reach the masjid in time, one should leave the room early.

All in all we had a lovely stay here and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Riyadh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The room is very dirty especially the carpet have stains on it
Also, they change my reservation from triple room to twin room without my permission + they stool money from my visa card approximately 26 dollars
poor service

Riyadh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

nice place to be near haram with best kaaba viwe rooms. only the elevators to be uniqued, not to be changed on two stations on the way from rooms to the reception, little pet narrow bathrooms, iwould repeat it ,again.

Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

certainly I will recommend this facility to all and specially during the holy month of ramadan i hope next year I will be able to visit you again and I wish you all the prosperity and i encourage you to keep up the excellant service

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Not sure if I agree with other reviews. This is a great Hotel with great service. They are extremely busy with over 1400 rooms. That may be the cause of a few problems, though we did not experience any such thing. Great food with huge dining halls. Definitely ha hotel to stay when you are in Mecca.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed here two years ago and placed some highly critical comments. I relunctantly came back here now as other family and friends were also staying here.
The review as a result of my stay is follows:
A very warm and organised welcome. Rooms are nice, spacious and provide beutiful view of the Kabbah. Staff are very helpful, not least Mr Uluc Aklar who is always at hand with his lovely smile.
The restaurant is well organised, notwistnading the number of people going for their Iftar all at one time. Selection of food is also varied to cater for everyones needs.
Conclusion: If you looking to enjoy a pleasant stay in close proximity to Haram, then Swissotel should be the chioce.

Room Tip: Request Haram view room. Even when in the room you can enjoy the peace of being in the holy city.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Samah Z, Social Media Manager at Swissotel Makkah, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear MJManchester
Thank you, thank you for your amazing feedback! You made our day and we are sure you made our director of rooms Uluc Aklar day as well. We are really happy to know that you had a positive stay with us this time and you enjoyed the Kaaba view from your room. Thank you again and we shall be looking forward to welcome you again in the holy city of Makkah Al Mukramh.
Best regards
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have booked a room for 3 adult guests with 3 beds through one of the tourist agencies named asfar aliman. I arrived at the hotel reception at the right time then I did my check in. When I get in to the room I found there are only two beds, I rang the receptionist and usually they don’t answer phones, you need a lot of time to get answered, He told me your reservation is for 2 adult, you talk to the agency where you made your reservation. I called the agency and they told me that they will fix the problem. I went for Umra . When I came back to the room I found an extra bed in the room. I called the receptionist and as usual it takes long to reach them then I asked them what happened then they told me that your reservation is for 3 beded room. I said then you should give 3 bed room. They said it’s not available. I said you should give the room above it( as it is well known everywhere in the world that if the room you reserved is not available they provide superior room) not to down grade me to lower room with extra bed which is not comfortable for sleep at all. They told me NO. we cannot. I talked to the manager on duty and he told me the same. I said then give back the difference in money between the 2 rooms, they refused.
Pillows of bad quality
Bathroom is too small
Coffee maker was not working
Elevator is busy, waste a lot of time waiting for
No parking
Long distance for the breakfast area
Room furniture and room finishing not five star hotel levels at all
not recommending this hotel at all

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Swissotel Makkah? Share your experiences!