“Beautiful location , but Sad extremely outdated hotel!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Makkah Hilton Towers

You added Makkah Hilton Towers to your Saves list
Makkah Hilton Towers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ibrahim El Khalil Street | شارع إبراهيم الخليل, Mecca 21955, Saudi Arabia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #6 of 236 Hotels in Mecca
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Beautiful location , but Sad extremely outdated hotel!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here for a long weekend with family and took two rooms. Unfortunately this hotel is hard to access if you don't have a driver who knows the location as the lobby is in a parking garage second the exit to haram is in a bad side of the hotel as it exits directly towards the area where the majority of African illegal immigrants come to beg and sell their goods, I did see a thief in action during my stay here. Unfortunate site in the holy city of mekkah. The rooms were quite big but the elevators were slow very slow and although I had two rooms on the same floor I still had to walk a flight of stairs to get to the other a very off layout to this building. My mother was unable to walk the stairs since they were very tall n steep. The rooms have a very bad discription online I took a haram view room which had three twin beds and two sofa beds enough for 6 people and also two bathrooms. So don't be tricked like me into booking two rooms ! Because it says occupancy 2-3 ppl. Breakfast was also another disappointment everything seemed to be canned vegetables and fruit and stale breads with frozen hot doggs called "breakfast sausage " the coffee was good though.

I am a Saudi and have had find memories of this hotel as a child but now a days the best area to stay at and be around is in the zam zam towers " clock tower building" their are a few hotels there for different budgets.

Just a note in mekkah no hotel truly has amazing service since the majority always run at almost full occupancy but rather savor the views and just the spiritual bliss of being in mekkah .

I would never stay at the Hilton again when they're priced exactly as much as their competitors brand new hotel next door l!

• Stayed January 2013
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Buisiness Development at Makkah Hilton Towers, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Sir,

Apologies for the inconvenience. While part of the challenges relates to Makkah as a destination, I trust that the part related to the hotel will be rectified and yaken care of. I am sharing your comments with all the department heads concerned.

I believe you will be generous and offer us another opportunity to make-up for this last stay. Please address your booking to my attention to take personal care of you and to show you the true service we are known-for. Until then, please accept our regards.

Makkah Hilton & Towers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
SF, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My parents and I stayed there for a night. We got to Mecca around 1pm. Check in is at 4pm and unfortunaetly our room was not ready. All the same the front desk staff checked us in and immideately called housekeeping to get our room ready. They gave us a key for the lobby restroom and info on food options etc. There was a mix up with our room. It turned out to be our travel agents mistake, but how hiton dealt with it made all the difference. They were polite and happy to help. I have to say that the excellent and helpful service made all the difference.

We had a Haram view room. It was tiny with a side view of the Haram. The room was clean. The bathroom was large and clean. The room had tea and coffee, and a hot plate. We did breakfast and lunch room service. Both meals were good.

Distance to Haram was less than 1/2 minute walk. The hotel is large and has many entrances. All entrances/exits drop you very close to the Haram. A mall is attached to the hotel. Again very convenient. You can enter the mall directly from the hotel using your room key as a pass.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Towers, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Sir,

Allow me to express my sincerest thanks for your appreciation towards the towers and its facilities. It is a relief to hear from such a valuable customer that he has enjoyed his stay with us. This is our major goal that we always try to achieve. Apparantly we have succeeded. I will take the liberty of sharing your salient comments with all the team members concerned to ensure that we boost their morale and enthusiasm.

Once more, thank you and we look forward for more and more stays to come.

Port Dickson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed at Hilton Tower 1 for my Umrah in Feb and March 2012. The two bedroom unit comes with a small kitchenette which is convenient for us to make hot drinks and simple meals. Above all, it is a step away from the main door of Al Haram mosque. The staff is very helpful and friendly and the room and hotel are always clean. Checking in and checking out were fast and easy but for our transport guy, it was quite confusing understanding the difference between reception areas of Hilton Hotel and Hilton Tower. Hilton needs clear signage for this to avoid confusion and delay.
The most important thing was, it was so convenient to go to the mosque for prayers. We didn't have to hurry nor struggle among throngs of pilgrims. Different kind of food could be found in restaurants there and nearby. This time, my pilgrimage was more relaxed, focused, peaceful and enjoyable. The room rate was reasonable as it was not during peak season. I would stay here the next time if I were to do my Umrah again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Towers, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you for the positive comments. Yes, it is true that Makkah Hilton & Towers is the nearest hotel to Haram. The service it provides and the facilities it enjoys make its rate very appropriate.

We are glad that you were satisfied with your stay. We are looking into the signage issue to ensure guests' convenience. Until we have the pleasure of welcoming again to Makkah Hilton & Towers, please accept our regards.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here in 2010 and I am back at the hotel right now. The hotel is comfortable, excellent staff and is RIGHT next to the Masjid Al-Harram.
A couple of years ago, we noticed that elevators were always crowded, especially right before prayer times. I was pleased to see that the hotel renovated their lobby, added over four more elevators and have kept their excellent service.
There is a large selection of food at the hotel's restaurants and the staff are very accommodating & helpful.
There's no wifi just yet, but they're supposed to add that very soon. I just picked up a local data only SIM card which solved the issue!

• Stayed December 2012
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Towers, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Madam,

It is a pleasure to know that our efforts are appreciated by our valuable customers. What a reward. Thank you for your comments. I will take the liberty of sharing your salient comments with our team members, This will raise their morale and increase their motivation.

We look forward to seeing you again and again at Makkah Hilton & Towers.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We arrived early, still around 10am and they let us directly check in..!
They gave us best room at tower 2, which the access to the holy mosque very very close..!
Also they let us a lil late check out at 2pm.. Even they let us hold our luggages until night time because our late flight..
The room was big for 3 adults, with haram view, great price, great room, great access..
Thanks to Hilton Towers for their support for us to have an excellent worship experience..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Towers, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Sir,

We are thrilled to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Makkah Hilton & Towers. May Allah accept your prayers and supplications.

We look forward for more and more stays to come. We hope to welcome you back soon to Makkah Hilton & Towers.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hotel is located near Haram- just a step away.

Need clump long steps to reach Elivator in each tower.

Did not feel like part of Hilton

People were polite yet service need to improved.

Better to stay on Hilton Hotel not in tower.

• Stayed August 2012
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Towers, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your liking of hotel location, however, we are alarmed to know that you did not enjoy the service. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. We trust that you will allow us a second chance to make-up for this mis-happening.

Please address your next booking at Makkah Hilton & Towers to my attention to give me the chance to take good care of you. Until then, please accept our regards.

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have stayed at the Makkah Hilton towers thrice and my last stay was in April 2012. This is a very good hotel with their spacious Junior Suites accommodating a family of 4 very comfortably. Some of the suites come with 1 bathroom and 1 toilet which is a very good facility. The buffet breakfast is very lavish and caters to all the different tastes. Tower 5 is closest to the Haram. There is a mall in the ground floor which has Bin Dawood the 24hrs convenience store and also many fast food joints.

If you are travelling with senior guests then you need to request for the rooms which are located in the ground level in each floor as the upper level floors have a steep climb in the staircase. The design of the rooms is such that each floor has rooms at 2 levels which is a bit inconvenient for elderly guests.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Towers, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Sir,

We are pleased to read your comments. After all these stays mashaa Allah, you became one of the family. We appreciate your findings and all the team will keep striving to offer the best of service.

We look forward to many more stays to come. Until then, please accept our regards.

Makkah Hilton & Towers.

Been to Makkah Hilton Towers? Share your experiences!