“Impressive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel

You added Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel to your Saves list
Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   King Abdul Aziz Endowment, Abraj Al Bait Complex | P. O. Box 762, Mecca 21955, Saudi Arabia   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 236 Hotels in Mecca
Dubai
“Impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I've been to some Makkah's hotels in the past few years. I usually tolerate the mediocre services because of the pressures of dealing with the large influx of pilgrims. Staying in Makkah Clock Royal Tower completely changed my mind. The check in was smooth and easy. Staff were around to help. They were doing a great job but seem to do it effortlessly. The room was clean and had all needed amenities. I really liked Fairmont unique toiletries. The breakfast was very good with a arge variety of food to choose from. Impressive service of an impressive
hotel.

Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife, 1 year old daughter and I stayed at the Makkah Fairmont from the 11th to the 17th Feb 2012 and absolutely loved it. We booked a junior diplomatic suite. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was spacious and luxurious. Unfortunately the sound of drilling from the neighbouring complex could be heard quite clearly during the day which disturbed our baby's nap time. As a Fairmont Gold customer (which i would highly recommend as you get access to the Gold Lounge and Private check in and check out) i spoke to the reception desk and they were very apologetic about the noise and sorted out the problem right away by upgrading us to a much larger and quieter suite.
My family and i were delighted with the speedy level of service from the gold lounge desk (Rayan Farran was kind enough to organize the room change with the minimum of fuss). We thought this was a lovely gesture by the fairmont staff as we would have been quite happy with the same size of room in a quieter location!
The new room was huge! it had a dining room and two bathrooms. Our baby daughter loved the extra space to crawl and explore the rooms. one wall consisted of plate glass windows with a view overlooking al haram.
Beyond the amazing room the rest of the hotel was really good too. Again i would recommend a fairmont gold room as you avoid any queues at the main reception and the main dining room. The Fairmont dining room is set on the 28th floor and served a really nice selection of breakfast. it is a buffet service and there was lots of fresh fruit (which our daughter really liked!) cooked "western" breakfast, cereals, cold mezze style food etc. There was a good if not huge choice, however if you were to get bored then you are able to order a la carte eg we asked for scrambled eggs on toast on request. we thought it was really lovely of the hotel staff to cater for us in this way. we were even asked if we wanted baby food for our daughter, although it was not necessary as we had brought our own supply of ellas kitchen!
A special mention has to go out to the management. Hisham Ebeid the senior front office manager was always genuinely friendly, open and welcoming, whenever we were in the gold lounge. He even found the time to find a really nice "clock tower cuddly toy" which my daughter adores!
In terms of the general workings of the rest of the hotel, it was all very clean, welcoming and efficient. the lobby is tasteful and opulent, not really huge but big enough for privacy.
We ate at the asian fusion restaurant, which served delicious salmon, and had lots of healthy options. we also ate at the cafe which serves snack type food. the grilled burgers were delicious but huge! very difficult for one normal sized person to finish without help! continuing on this theme we ordered breakfast one day as we were too late to get to the lounge and again the portion size were almost comically big (eg approx 20 varied pieces of fresh breads!). This is not really a complaint more a warning on ordering too much.
There seems to be a lot of comments on the lifts, but we found them to be fast and almost always available. One set of lifts serve floors 1-19, and another serve floors 20-29 so its actually more efficient staying on a higher floor. to get to the ground floor you have to change lifts at reception. this can be a little annoying but its still fairly quick. once at the ground floor its about a 2 minute walk to the mosque courtyard and then another 3 minute walk to King Abdul Aziz gate. So the location was really good, although there are some 5 star hotels located right on the doorstep of the mosque courtyard.
In summary we loved our stay at the Fairmont. We experienced excellent levels of service, delicious foods and luxurious surroundings. We would definitely recommend the Makkah Clock Royal Tower and inshallah will visit again and this time bring our wider family too!

ps: there is also a nice gym for people who are interested and sauna, steam and Jacuzzi area. You probably won't need to use the sauna, steam but the Jacuzzi is really great after completing umrah or tawaf to help those aching feet recover!

Room Tip: go for fairmont gold, its worth it rooms on floor 19 - 28 have more lifts available
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Siwar B, Social Media Manager at Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and for taking the time to post! We are so happy you enjoyed you stay in Fairmont Gold with your family, and that you daughter was able to rest and crawl comfortably in the suite! Rayan, Hisham and the rest of our team look forward to seeing you and your family again!
Ad Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The place is wonderful, staff, rooms and location. I wouldn't expect a better place for people who are going for Oumra or Hajj. Very effecient elevators, a prayer place in S2 floor overlooking Kaaba if you are late for prayer in Haram. I was only expecting a better breakfast buffet that has more food variety especially the healthy food.

Room Tip: Try to get a kaaba view or at least haram view.
Amman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

one of the best hotels in mecca with a mazing location as it is one of the nearest hotels to al "Haram" with best service in mecca , in the same time they have a prayer room in the hotel which you can pray in overlooking the "Haram" , the food is good but not very good.

rooms are large and very clean , the WC is a little bit small.

recomended very much

Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I spent 6 night with my Old Mom & Dad. The overall was nice and above my expectation after I discovered others reviews. The Hotel as rest of Makkah Hotels was fully occupied. The room is well furnished and the bath was spacious. The breakfast was excellent and have all valuable foods with very high quality. The Staff do their best to satisfy the huge number of guests all of working hours as Makkah at this time was crawded as I never see before at Umrah season. I’ve the pleasure to thank Mr. Yusmaini Bin Jasni & also Mr. Fazail who were have pressure from huge number of guests while they do their best to keep Fairmont Style.
The hotel only problem was that elevators doesn’t show the incoming one while you waiting, so you have to concentrate with 6 elevators to figure out which one will be in duty.
It was my 11th visit to Makah and I went to most of Makkah 5 stars hotels but Fairmont is the best from my point of view.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

- Nice and very clean
- Reception had that air freshener smell that is good, but might be annoying for some people
- Staff is extremely friendly
- Room are astonishingly clean
- Quality of the food is very very poor, in fact it is not eatable.. For breakfast you should have canned stuff
- Other guests are not friendly nor organized, causing some sort of chaos at the breakfast and crowded areas like elevators.
- Car parking is not always available. However, the staff helps as much as they can to avail one.
- Internet connection suddenly goes off
- If you choose higher floors, cell phone networks are not always reliable (they go off and on without changing the handset's location!)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Siwar B, at Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We are so happy to know that you found our staff extremely friendly and rooms astonishingly clean! We apologize for any inconvenience in regards to parking. The parking facilities for the Abraj Al Beit complex are currently under construction and should be completed soon. In the meanwhile, we do offer limited valet parking and shuttles from neighboring parking facilities and we will do everything we can to help you secure parking. We've also relayed your comment about the internet to the maintenance team who will be working to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you again for you post! Regards,
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the mega hotels in the Holy city of Makkah. Check-in was smooth as I checked in around 7pm, but I noticed that the young receptionist didn't ask for my credit card to be put on file, I liked the trust but trouble will soon be detailed. The receptionist asked me if I wanted a double bed room and not as I reserved (One king) and informed me that the room I reserved was small. Again I liked the courtesy but later I will discribe the room that I got. The hotel has different elevator rows for different parts of the hotel, meaning if you wish to go to your room from the lobby you take an elevator and if you want to go the Haram (Grand masjid) you take another elevator, that was a headache of a process. When I entered the room, sure it was big because it had three beds, mind you it was only me and my wife so it felt that we lost some of the family. The room was a bit dusty, the connected door to the adjacent room brought us all what the other family were shouting about all night. Around 10:30pm we ordered food from room service which took 40 minutes to arrive and it was great. I signed the bill and gave the gentleman a tip in Kuwaiti Dinar and on he went. An hour later (Almost midnight!), the phone rings and another gentleman informs me that I should pay cash for what I ordered since there wasn't a Credit card on file! I asked the gentleman not to call me again since this was the Receptionist's error and that I will settle this tomorrow. I had a talk the morning after with the Manager on call who was a cheerful young fellow about what have happened and gave him my Credit Card to be put on file. Not a single banana was left in our room after that incident, so much for the courtesy. The only thing in the hotel that clicked for us was the food, the breakfast buffet and room service were fantastic. Prior to our check out, I inquired about the fee of a car from the hotel to Jeddah Airport, and was astonished to know that it was 440 Saudi Riyals (We took a Chevrolet Caprice from Jeddah Airport to the Hotel for 200 S.R!). The morning of the check out, I wanted to book one of those over priced cars but told by the concierge that they were sold out. Not to worry I said to my self, this is the concierge and they will arrange for another company to take us, but to my amazement the gentleman said there is nothing that he could do! Courtsy at its best! I threw a fit and lectured the gentleman a bit about the duties of a concierge and his Manager came out and insured me that he will take care of the car, which he did (same highway robbery rate of 440 Saudi Riyals). I requested a late check out by 2pm and was given that. The Hotel car was supposedly waiting for us at 2:30pm but we had to wait for 15 minutes injoying car fumes untill the car arrived. The driver was doing 140kmh most of the way. Advice, find another hotel untill the hotel management get their act together, that's what I will do.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel? Share your experiences!