“Located very close to Haram” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Raffles Makkah Palace

Save Saved
You added Raffles Makkah Palace to your Saves list
Raffles Makkah Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ajyad St, Abraj Al Bait | In front of King Abdel Aziz Gate of Masjid Al Haram, Mecca 21955, Saudi Arabia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
50% Off Your Second Suite
Ranked #1 of 221 hotels in Mecca
“Located very close to Haram”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The hotel is well located by the haram with very nice spacious rooms.

I have stayed in 5 other 5 star hotels in makkah, but this is the best in service and also room design and to add above all that its clean.

• Stayed February 2013

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The fact that the hotel only has suites really counts for them. Bedroom and livingroom are specious and lovely decorated. All staff with no exception are very friendly and helpful from secuirity men to front desk. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed. I would say it is the PERFECT stay with no hesitation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights just me & my mother & we loved our room with all Kaaba view . It's almost everything perfect but sorry the only thing is perfect is Allah
I like the helpful smiled worker from the manager to the housekeeping to the security guy. Our suite number 1907 was very clean direct view to Al-Kaaba , clean bathrooms & when we book the room from a traveled agency they told the hotel VIP booking & for that when we entered our room we found a welcome fruit & welcome sweet treat it was Yummy
I like the breakfast buffet although it didn't have a variety of choices but i like the mash potato hahaha i know it's not a breakfast kind of food but it's Yummy & i like the waffle with chocolate sauce
But we had a lil 2 problem in our suite ,
The first one the AC temperature it was very cold even when i was set it to the lowest one & turned the fan speed to Zero
The second one the drain hole in the shower room was took long time to drain the water & if I didn't notice that the water goes out from under the shower room door it will be reach the bedroom carpet
But despite all that i'm sure if I want to stay near Al-Haram I'm going to choose this hotel again even with non free Internet

Room Tip: I like the floor that i have 19th it's not too hight & can't you see anything even not t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Riyadh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

we had a pleasent stay in the hotel. the rooms were neat and clean. the receptionest was friendly and helpful. the daily cleaning of the room is not good. they miss some parts of the room. the internet cost SAR90 per day. this is a huge amoung compared to internet rates in Saudi Arabia. the security guards impress me by thier care and politeness. i recomment the hotel if they offer the internet for free.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Siwar B, Social Media Manager at Raffles Makkah Palace, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for letting us know your thoughts! We are so happy that you had a pleasant stay and that you found our receptionist helpful! We are sorry that you did not find the daily cleaning up to standard - we take hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and clearly we weren't performing to our usual standard that day. As a first step, we have discussed your comments with our housekeeping manager and he will be exploring this incident further to make sure that it doesn't happen again. Lastly, we have forwarded your recommendation about the internet to our general manager for consideration. Thank you again for taking the time to post and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Overall the hotel is excellent, room service is very good but there are some delays in delivering food order.
Prices: very good
Room: excellent, housekeeping excellent and prices are very suitable.
Overall the hotel is very good to excellent.
Remarks:
There are some confusion regarding the extra person because I requested extra bed but there was no enough explanation about the charges of that extra person if he is already included in the package or not but at the end overall the hotel is excellent.

Khalifa Al Hitmi
suite: 1907

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DUBAI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Actually I don't know from where to start, but since I am so depressed about my stay , I will put it in bullet points so I save at least my time on that hotel :
1) When we arrive the first seen we saw me and my family was a security staff spitting on one customer car in front of us because the customer drive wrongly to the gate ! ( yes don't be shocked, he shout and spit on the customer !) you can imagine what first impression about this 5 star hotel we got.
2) when I arrived at the reception, the reception staff ( I know his name but I will not write it because its not proper) just looked at me and stay quite until I said I need to check in - no welcome no nothing- anyway his reply was only Give me your id and visa card !
3) while he was checking me in, in a quite boring minutes a female customer approached the counter he smiled to her and when she went out he told his colleague - in front of me ! - go and chase her and give her the mobile number ! , honestly I wanted to advise him this is not proper attitude especially that your hotel is near the Holy Masjid , but honestly I remembered the security staff who just spit on one customer and no one do any thing to him, so I said to my self , forget about it and try to go to your room dry !
4) I booked a Kabba view room, which cost extra few thousands , but when I arrived ( room 404) I noticed that the view is only to the tip of the right angle of the Kabba roof, around 10% of the kabba at most,provided that you stand on your toes and have a good sight , I called the manager, and I asked him to come to my room. when he arrived he told me this our kabba view room, I said ok, but as a honest five start hotel you should have said in the booking partially view not Kabba view, like all other hotels around you, he said, I understand your point, but this the room we have ,and we call it the kabba view room, And he even refused to amend my rate and he said the rate is final, so I paid more money for a view which I did not see , this the most thing which touched me because all the above points could be personal thing, but when this happened, I said to my self don't blame the staff who spit ona customer or the one who chased a female customer, if their management is not honest like that and want to ripoff your money by false statement on their website !
5) The suite has a buttler service , but honestly, they have some amnesia, when I call requesting for just Ice for my mother medicine to cool it , it took long time, and every time I call and remind them the same staff answer my call and in every time she treats me like I just called ! like she did not knew about it ! , maybe its the room service delay, but at least when a hotel call a service a buttler service it should have a personal touch to it, again I don't blame her , I blame the poor management of the hotel.

6) When I check out, my bill was near 10000 , any way there was a wrong breakfast 130 charged to my room, I said, sorry but I did not order any thing to my room, they replied are you sure, and they checked and they said no, you ordered a breakfast. I said please show me my signature on the bill then, then we waited for sometimes until someone bring the original bill , and while we are waiting they asked me are you sure !!!!!!! I said gentlemen I am paying nearly 10000 riyals for 2 nights stay for me and my kids, do you think I will feed them by stealing 130 riyals from you ! and try to hide it ! that does not make sense, they just kept quite and waited for the original bill to come, and when it came it was not my signature and even not my room number ! no apology no nothing, the staff just said I will take out the 130 of your bill, as he was making me a favor.
7) Finally, I want to thank all the restaurant staff and the spa staff and the hotel entrance staff on the P11 and the bellboys and the conceriage staff , they all were really very good people and have a very good attitude. They are the main thing that comfort us during our stay because of their excellent customer care attitude.

Room Tip: Don't Book any kabba view room, there is no such kabba full view- unless you book the royal suit...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights .. at the second day we left for 2 hours and when we came back we found that some of our stuff have been stolen, We quickly called the manager to complain about this absurdity and the hotel staff were extremely unhelpful.
Don't stay in this Hotel !!!

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Siwar B, Social Media Manager at Raffles Makkah Palace, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you for your post. Please be assured that that your security and comfort is our top priority. Our general manager and security team continue to investigate this incident, including checking and rechecking all security cameras, placed throughout the property and outside all guest room and suites entrances. We will be contacting you shortly with any developments. You may also speak directly to our guest relations manager at: +966540230253 at any time for any updates. We regret that your stay at Raffles Makkah Palace was affected by this incident, and we hope to resolve it as soon as possible.
Regards,

Been to Raffles Makkah Palace? Share your experiences!