“Great place...” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dead Sea, 11194, Jordan   |
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Dead Sea Region
“Great place...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Wasn't looking forward to my stay here in view of the reviews of the previous travellers but to my surprise, this hotel was in fact very clean, nice and pleasant. We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay at the hotel. Dinner and breakfast was good. Pleasantly surprised that they serve local Jordanian food - sayadeya (fish with rice) for dinner buffet. I would suggest that the management provide description / name of the food that they serve especially for local dishes as this would help promote the local delicacies. There's nothing nearby the hotel save for a 10-min walk (or you may take the shuttle bus which is available every 30 mins) to the Dead Sea beach. But that's really what we were there for, so we are not complaining. Will stay here again for my next trip.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Winter Valley W, General Manager at Winter Valley Warwick Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Hello Shyen, and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel.

It was a pleasure having you with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Winter Valley Warwick Resort and Spa Dead Sea in the near future.

Safe travels ahead.

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Was not looking forward to stay in this hotel at first due to the reviews from tripadvisor, but we didnt have any other choices as our tour operator could not find any availabilities in other hotels. When we were given our room, we were surprised that it was a nice, clean and big room with great shower room.

We ordered some lunch by the poolside as there was no cafes/restaurants nearby in the hotel but there were a huge group of school kids on holidays and so our order was delayed. The hotel sent us 2 complimentary beers for the delay. Dinner at the hotel was great.

The only reason it did not get a full 5 star was we were given room on the same floor as the lobby and so it can get quite noisy in the evening.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the same floor as the lobby and rooms that face the swimming pool as they can get ver...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Winter Valley W, General Manager at Winter Valley Warwick Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hello Eilyn, and thank you for your review. It was great having you stay at our hotel, and I do hope that you made is back safe and sound to your country.

It's always a pleasure welcoming travellers at our hotel, and do apologize for the delay that happened to your order around the pool. My team and I extend our deep thanks for your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon, with your friends, to our hotel.

Safe travels ahead!

Doha, Qatar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Started off the last leg of our 2-week Jordan tour in the Dead Sea on a very bad footing. This hotel wasn’t our first choice but due to the peak season, we have no choice as the other hotels were fully booked. The hotel was located at the furthest northern end of the Dead Sea with nothing nearby, which meant having to rely on expensive taxi service to go everywhere. You have to take the shuttle bus to go to the beach or you can walk, approx. 10 mins. The check-in process was relatively painless after going through the standard security procedure which is the norm in most hotels in Amman. The room was of a good size and from the surface it looked clean but upon closer inspection, the floor had shoe marks on the tiles which meant the floor wasn’t mopped after the previous patrons checked out and prior to our arrival. Entering the bathroom, I noticed the big bath towels were missing and my husband called housekeeping asking them to send the towels. 30 mins passed, no towels. My husband called again and eventually the towels turned up just under an hour after my husband placed the first call to housekeeping. At around 5:10 pm, we and another friend decided to go down to the beach and took the lift to L1 in order to catch the shuttle bus to the beach. Initially, the lift was descending normally. Then the info panel at the top began flashing error “9”. We waited for the door to open but nothing happened. We started to press the floor L1 button again, nothing happened. The lift seemed dead. We pressed the Hold Open button, the door didn’t open. By this time, I decided to press the emergency button in the lift hoping someone would communicate via the lift’s intercom. I saw the CCTV on the ceiling and started waving to catch someone’s attention. Still nothing happened. I continued to press the alarm button and my husband and friend started banging on the wall. We were waiting for help but no rescue came. I looked at my watch and 5 mins had passed with us stuck inside the lift. In desperation, my friend decided to force open the lift door and luckily it opened and the lift stopped 10” above the L1 floor. All of us clambered out of the lift onto floor L1 to safety. What we found deplorable was that there were several of the hotel staff standing about 5 m away at the restaurant on L1 chatting away and would have heard the bangings and the alarm from the lift BUT these staff acted as nothing serious had happened. We asked if they heard the bangings and alarm, they said yes but to them it seemed normal. Their only reaction was to place a barrier in front of the lift door. We were fuming and asked to speak to the hotel manager by calling the reception from the restaurant. Failing that, we decided to take the emergency fire escape stairs to the Lobby. Guess what? On one of the stairs, the access way was blocked by a stool and ladder as they were doing some work. It was after office hours but these items were not cleared away at the end of the day. If there was a fire, there was no clear passage on the stairs and accident would happen and the door handle to one of the escape doors were broken! We didn’t think the hotel is taking the safety issues or concerns of the patrons and staff seriously! After several attempts, we managed to reach the hotel manager on the phone via the chief engineer. The next day, we had a meeting with the manager, Mr Omar Hazineh and recounted the incident from A to Z. To his credit, Mr Omar, who is newly appointed to the post as resort manager, listened patiently and understood where we were coming from. He sincerely apologized on behalf of the hotel management for the traumatic experience we had to endure. He asked us if there was anything he could do for us. All we asked for was that none of what happened to us to be repeated to the other hotel patrons, current or future. He promised to look into the matter and would take appropriate actions in order to ensure the hotel staff are adequately trained to handle safety incident. Luckily none of us are claustrophobic or experience heart attack. Just imagine what could have happened if someone had a weak heart or asthmatic or a child being trapped? Safety concerns in this hotel needed to be addressed and staff needed to be trained adequately in safety procedure. I personally think the staff at this hotel whilst can be friendly on the surface, they lacked accountability. Another example was there was an oily patch on the floor during the breakfast service. Several hotel staff walked passed by it without doing anything to it and instead walked around it to avoid stepping on the patch which was bound to be slippery. Several kids were running across the floor and almost stepped on the patch if the mother didn’t stop them in time. My husband then called one of the waiters and asked for the oily patch to be mopped up so that no one would slip on the floor. Only then, the cleaner was called and the floor was cleaned. The hotel really needs to step up the safety awareness of its staff. I’m writing this not to discredit the hotel. I’m writing this so that other would be hotel patrons know what they will be facing should they decide to stay in this hotel; just don’t take anything for granted.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ma'am,

Many thanks for your comments about your sta at the hotel. The least I could do was take some time to sit with you and listen to the ordeal you had at the hotel. Once again, I am very sorry for what has happened, and rest assured that corrective measures have been put in place to rectify the matter, and to ensure that nothing of this sort happens again with anyone.

I am glad that you have accepted our small token presented upon check out, for you to have some "better" memories at the Dead Sea.

Once again, it was a pleasure meeting you and your group, and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, despite the fact that this might be a long shot!

Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

During my visit of Dead Sea, Jordan, I stayed at Winter Valley Warwick Resort & Spa for one night. This is a reasonable place to stay in Dead Sea. Rooms were nice and clean but the staff of the hotel was not very nice. Breakfast was very good. But the worst thing in this hotel was its room service because when we ordered food in our room, the food we got was the worst food I ever tasted. It was costly and horrible. In this hotel it is not allowed to take food or drinks with you so that you have no choice but to eat this terrible food at the hotel. I was lucky that I stayed in this hotel just for night otherwise I had to eat this terrible food as a punishment for several days.
I suggest to the hotel management that either they must improve their quality of food or allow the guests to bring their own food.
Sorry to write this but I would not recommend anybody to stay at this hotel because first of all it is costly and if you stay here then you have eat this horrible food as a punishment.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Winter Valley W, General Manager at Winter Valley Warwick Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Syed,

Greetings from Winter Valley Warwick Resort and Spa - Dead Sea, and thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our room service. Although we pride ourselves with our F&B services, sometihng may have went wrong on that day of your order, and rest assured, it will be looked into. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed our breakfast in the morning.

Once again, thank you for your comments, and we look forward to hosting you back at the hotel in the near future.

Safe travels ahead.

Zoersel, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Good value for money. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Free shuttle, towels, mud and chairs at the beach. You will come back fully relaxed from the Dead Sea. Jordan is a beautiful country with very friendly people. Lots of nice things to see. And Petra is wonderful.
Couple from Belgium

Room Tip: take room with sea view, second floor non smoking
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Winter Valley W, General Manager at Winter Valley Warwick Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Greta,

Thank you for choosing Winter Valley Warwick Resort and Spa for your stay at the Dead Sea! It was our pleasure having you both at our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you for your kind words, and once again, hope to see you back before the end of the year.

Many thanks,

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Before I arrived, I called the hotel to enquire about the availability of the room. I remember having to tell the person I was speaking to actually stop and listen to what I had to say because he was making assumptions, interrupting and asking irrelevant questions. If he had just listened and then responded, the communication would have been far better. I checked in today. When I arrived, I had requested if someone could pick up my bag from the car park but they were slow to respond. My driver had to wheel in my suitcase. No one offered to take my bag up to the room. I was given a room with not so great a view even though I asked for a room with a view. When I requested for a change, I was refused firmly that it was not possible. The furnishings were cheap and basic. I had to ask for the sheets to be changed; there was hair on the sheet. The pillows look like they bought it from the local Bedouin market! It's something you would find in a cheap backpacker's hotel! The floors were sticky and had shoe marks everywhere. It clearly hasn't been cleaned or mopped in awhile. Only reason I'm staying here is because I'm attending an event. It's far away and in the middle of nowhere. Even though I had initially decided to stay here an extra night due to convenience in relation to the plans I had made, I'm now re-thinking. Hopefully the rest of the day and night will pan out and I will have a positive experience. Based on my first impressions, I probably will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Winter Valley W, General Manager at Winter Valley Warwick Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Rachel,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at our hotel. It was a pleasure meeting you when you were here, and we look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel, despite the comments you have noted.

As you may know Rachel, during busy events such as the one you have attended and enjoy, some areas of the hotel will have more pressure placed on them, and unfortunately, this reflects on our service. I assure you, our standards are top of the line, and rest assured, your comments will be taken into consideration with high priority.

Again, I thank you for your comments, and I am glad that you have enjoyed the party which was hosted at our hotel.

Many thanks, and safe travels ahead.

Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Last Friday I had a big lunch (50 people) and ordered full catering and setup from the hotel, it was absolutely amazing, great home cooked food, clean tables, table cloths, and chairs. Staff were very professional and on time delivery. All of that at a very good price. Good job Winter Valley..

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Winter Valley W, General Manager at Winter Valley Warwick Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Mr. Ziad,

Greetings from Winter Valley Warwick Resort and Spa Dead Sea.

We thank you for choosing us as your catering partner for your recent function, it was our pleasure serving you and we look forward to working with you again in the near future.

Many thanks,

Resort Manager

Been to Winter Valley Warwick Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!