“Nice hotel, would stay again.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Al-Fanar Palace Hotel

Save Saved
You added Al-Fanar Palace Hotel to your Saves list
Al-Fanar Palace Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Queen Rania Al Abdullah Street | P.O. Box 19196, Amman 1119, Jordan   |
Ranked #56 of 116 Hotels in Amman
Perth, Australia
“Nice hotel, would stay again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here pre and post a Jordan tour as it was our tour groups hotel choice. From reading the reviews I was a bit hesitant about staying here but upon arrival it was better than I expected. The rooms were clean, spacey and the staff were friendly and were happy to recommend good restaurants. Yes it isn't in the centre of town but Amman is so spread out it didn't matter...it was only 2-3JD for a taxi downtown! Breakfast was decent and there is a general store, pharmacy and ATM just outside the hotel. I recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a bit more than budget but nothing too flash...and besides there is too much to see in Amman anyway!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights last Nov/Dec, 2 on arrival and 1 before departure. The first room we were in was absolutely fine, what I would expect from a 3* hotel, booked as part of a tour companies itinery. Arrived at 2am and promptly slipped down the steps of our minibus, the hotel staff could not have been nicer, getting me ice and making sure I got to my room ok.
The breakfast buffet food was a little lack-lustre, although there was plenty of food to choose from, just not the sort of thing I would want for breakfast.....houmous anyone?
The room we were given for our 3rd and final night was a let down. Unlike the first room, this had a tiled floor and not carpet, I felt the need to take a wet wipe to my feet having crossed the room after showering. I didn't complain because on the whole this had been a good hotel and my whole experience in Jordan had been fantastic, so this seemed quite minor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Manama, Bahrain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Simply good for the price
Nothing unique about it
Location was very poor
My room ceiling leaked they changed the room but some how it was related to the snow
I won't go For it again
The food is poor too their resultant Venice is disastrous nothing unique about the breakfast

The whole trip was terrible because of the weather roads closed you can't walk and was freezing
I don't think I will choose it again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I spent at week at this hotel end of Nov. into the begining of Dec. 2012. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. The staff was very friendly, room service was excellent. The bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it with me. I would recommend this place to my friends. It was more than I expected.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Las Pinas, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were part of a tour group that stayed in this hotel for two nights. After having been told that we are checking in at a 4 star hotel, my expectations were along that line. However, after entering our room, all hopes were dashed. It was not anywhere near a half star! Termites were eating up our doorframe. The supposedly white towels are almost gray. On our first night, we were awakened around 1 am by a heavy pounding on our door. Turns out there was a drunk guest who could not remember his room. We immediately called reception to interfere but by the time hotel personnel got to our room, the rowdy person could not be found. The hotel personnel looked irritated as if we made the whole thing up! Am definitely suggesting to our tour operator not to book future tour on this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

i stayed there for one night during my visit to Jordan, and i really enjoyed the stay.. the room was nice and spacious and the staff were friendly.. didn't had the chance experience the dinner food but the breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Kandy, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a four star hotel in Amman which suffers from the major drawback that it is nowhere near shops or restaurants. It is approx 7Kms from the city centre and a taxi is needed if you want to go outside the hotel or else you are trapped in the hotel with no choice of dinner but to eat the hotel fare.
The food is not brilliant but reasonable. Room service is efficient and can be relied upon when you get fed up with the dinner buffet. Breakfast is standard and nothing much to write about. Do beware of the ultra salty beef bacon!

There is no bar, at least there is no alcohol (There is a well-stocked liquor shop five minutes walk from the hotel. From the front of the hotel turn left). There is nearby convenience store for chocolates, crisps, water etc (same direction but nearer the hotel). The hotel has no shop selling such items and the room mini bar is expensive.
There is an ATM a short distance away (turn right from the front of the hotel) or you could change money at the hotel. There is a car hire firm next door.

On the plus side the rooms are spacious and comfortable with clean bathrooms, reception staff are helpful and the concierge and porters helpful.

Life in the lobby is lonely with only a coffee bar, an expensive souvenir shop and a copy of an English language daily paper. There is no other reading material.

I suppose it is a good hotel if you are just passing through Amman. Tour agencies seem to like the place. Beware of the "feeding frenzy" at meal times when large tour groups go for it with a total lack of finesse and the staff get overwhelmed.
The main drawback of this hotel is the lack of choice of restaurants, bars and entertainment.

Room Tip: Back or side of hotel to avoid road noise. There is no view to talk about! The lifts are a bit errat...