I booked the Al Waleed for it's location.
I lived in Jordan in the 90s and knew the area it seemed to be located in.
Although, finding it was a bit of a nightmare.
The map online is hopeless.
But, once located, it was perfect.
The staff were friendly, unimposing, and accommodating.
My room was clean, roomy and warm, and there was ample hot water - at any hour.
The bed was comfortable and much bigger than I needed.
What I will say though is that the rooms do not have tea/coffee making facilities, which was a bit of a let down.
Also, there was no hair dryer in the room - it specifies on their website that there is - so I didn't bring one. And, when I asked for one it seemed a problem - certainly during the evening time.
I managed to get one (a travel one) when the housekeeping were about, but once they were gone it was vertually impossible.
TV is pretty crap, but then TV in Jordan is crap.
The only english channel they had was CNN and some movie channel. But, who goes to Jordan to watch telly anyway?
I have friends in Amman who came to visit me in the hotel and them coming directly to my room did not prove a problem at all. This was super, especially since one of the visitors was male (I'm female). We had thought that we'd be told to leave, but we were left undisturbed.
Internet access was free but their PC would not connect - not once during my 3 days did I manage to get connected.
In saying that, I'd happily stay in this hotel again.
Location was ideal, price was good, compared to other hotels in the area, and it was clean & safe.
I didn't have breakfast any of my mornings there, so I can't comment on it.
My only recommendations would be:
* Add tea/coffee making facilities
* A hair dryer for the ladies
* Possibly BBC news channel (CNN is just not news)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern blend of Arabian hospitality and top quality services, located at the heart of the Jordanian capital Amman, at Sweifeyyeh Area. The hotel is at the center of one of the major shopping areas in addition to being in close proximity to other areas in Amman. RUM Hotels - Al Waleed offers a comprehensive experience with guest enjoying the comfortable facilities, international cuisine, stylish outlets, and professional staff at the guest's service round the clock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your RUM Hotels - Al Waleed reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.