“Travel extraordinaire” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amman Airport Hotel

You added Amman Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Amman Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Queen Alia International Airport | Airport Street, Amman 11104, Jordan   |
Ranked #19 of 118 Hotels in Amman
“Travel extraordinaire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

As a traveling physician, I have specific taste in where I stay. And from my experience here in Amman Jordan and as a resident in Chicago, I highly recommend this hotel for the affluent, family, and professionals.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Phoenix, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed here while in transit. The first thing to note is the complementary airport pickup and transport service. The concierge met me at the gate, expedited me through the transit process (VISA and boarding pass for my next flight) and arranged my ride to the hotel.
This hotel is only about 800 meters from the airport, so for follow-on travel it is GREAT.
Check-in was wonderfully quick, the staff imminently kind and helpful.
I called for a refresh of my in-room coffee and the Housekeeping Manager (Ahmed El-Benni) responded not only with coffee, but creamers, water and juices since my departure is early in the morning. Mr. El-Benni runs a great housekeeping staff. My room was spotless, tidy, and well stocked with snacks and beverages...all complimentary.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I had an overnight stay in the Amman Airport Hotel, and the stay was amazing. The housekeeping manager Ahmad El Benni went out of his way to make sure I had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I really wanted to connect with family and friends, but my computer was dead. Ahmad found me an adapter which allowed me to charge it and make a much needed call home. The reception staff and the bellman were equally as accommodating and truly went above and beyond to meet my every need. I highly recommend this hotel for its exceptional staff and impeccable service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Sewden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I was staying in the hotel more thane wonderful hospitality and service from all the staff and especially the housekeeping room cleanliness and welcoming way and deal especially Ahmad Elbenni thank him for the service
Recommend this hotel will come back to him soon

Ayacucho, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I came with an iphone4 and no charger for the 8 hours between flights (all covered by Royal Jordanian and completely unexpected). The house keeping managed to find me one to borrow and brought it to my room. Thanks for going above and beyond, Ahmad El Benni!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed here for convenience on a trip last year - was completely surprised with the quality of the rooms and the high service standards. Staff were really great - very very courteous and helpful. Food was delicious - and restaurant team very kind. ( i had some special requests that they just handled without even blinking twice)
On departure, their concierge came with me on the 3 minute trip to the airport, and escorted me through security and to passport control - wow that's hospitality.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We missed our Royal Jordanian connection back to the states and were delayed leaving a day, so the airline put us, along with 10 other passengers, up at the Amman Airport Hotel (also known as the Grand Tulip Hotel). This hotel is very close to the airport - about a five-minute drive - but that is the only positive thing I have to write. The staff were unhelpful and some were downright rude. I think they knew that RJ was paying to put us up and thus figured they didn't owe us good service. Our air conditioner was blowing air but the room wasn't cooling down - I asked and they said that it was winter time, so there was no air conditioning. We were there in mid-March; while this may be winter for them, I was toasty in our 75-degree room. We went to use the gym (advertised as being open until 10 pm). The lights were on, but the doors were locked. The staff told me that it would be open the next day at 6 am (okay, since I had to leave the hotel at 8 am). I called back an hour later to confirm, since I had my suspicions, and they said the gym wouldn't open until 10 am. They refused to open earlier. The hotel staff gave certain members of our party codes for free internet, but we weren't among them. When I asked, the manager said, "Well I can't give codes to ALL of you!". Essentially they were picking and choosing. So I had to pay for internet. RJ gave us vouchers for lunch, dinner, and breakfast. The lunch buffet was decent, but the dinner buffet was just a repurposing of lunch leftovers. Breakfast was disappointing. I eat everything and am not a picky eater, so coming from me this says a lot. The men at the coffee bar tried to scam me on a coffee. They told me it was JOD 4 even though the sign above them said JOD 2. I said that's not right, they said JOD 3. I said no, JOD 2. They said JOD 2.30 because of tax. Fine. The hotel was quite shabby (the window in our room, which we tried to open to stave off heat stroke, was taped shut with duct tape). Also, there was zero water pressure in the shower - just a trickle. We were very happy to leave this hotel and head back to the airport. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, unless you have a very early morning flight and want to be close to the airport. On that note - they are the ONLY hotel within 15 km of the airport, so they have the monopoly on that arena - likely another reason for the poor service.

Room Tip: Room 127 had duct tape on the window and horrible water pressure in the shower.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Amman Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!