“Recommendable Hotel in Amman” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Toledo Amman Hotel

Save Saved
You added Toledo Amman Hotel to your Saves list
Toledo Amman Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37 Al Razi Street | Jabal Al Hussein / Abdali area, Amman 11190, Jordan   |
Ranked #21 of 116 Hotels in Amman
Bangalore, India
“Recommendable Hotel in Amman”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

A businesstrip brought us this year in January to the Toledo Hotel in Amman and it was a great thing there. A very friendly and good english speaking Staff greeted us at time of Check Inand we got a nice room in one of the higher Floors. It is a modern build Hotel with friendly Staff. It was not expensive to go by car or Bus into the Center from Amman. Breakfast was also available in morning and it was very good too.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The hotel is quite fresh with exotic decoration. Hotel staff is really helpful, and also helps us to rent a house with a good price. Hotel restaurant offers Arabic buffer, which is quite special and easy to obtain if you want to have a relaxing meal in Amman.

Hotel is located sort of high location, will need some walk to get to the hotel, but overall the location is good, quite and close to the city center (by approximately 20 mins by walk)

Will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel is quite nice, if not a little basic, but the price is great so I can't complain.

The bed is comfy, the television works and the bathroom well equipped. The rooms are clean and are refreshed daily so I had no complaints about the room itself.

The room service menu is terrible - if you are vegetarian or don't eat red meat, do not stay in this hotel. I could have veg soup and fries and that was it.

The room includes a breakfast which is decent enough, quite a nice selection of hot and cold foods. Stay away from the tea and coffee - the water is not hot enough for tea and the coffee is horrible. Ask for tea and coffee making facilities in your room and make them there.

The hotel states that it is non-smoking and there are signs everywhere. However, everyday the hotel had cigarette smoke/smell in the air and I saw at least two or three people smoking in the reception, restaurant, and waiting areas. The staff could see them but were not bothered. So on this note, the hotel loses a star because it is not a pleasant environment outside of the rooms.

The location is ok... but there are no restaurants or shops closeby. The hotel were reluctant to advise me on where to go to eat as they preferred me to eat in their restaurant so I wandered around for a bit but could not find anything. It is very close to a Mosque which meant that at 4:45 every morning I was awaken by the call to prayer as the windows are single glazed but there is nothing that the hotel can do about that.

Taxi's are cheap but make sure that you get a yellow metered taxi. I was dropped off somewhere by the hotel taxi and it cost 3JOD, I caught a yellow cab on the way back and was charged 0.98JOD. So the difference is clear - and the hotel will tell you that the metered taxis are not available etc etc but just tell them you'll go and find one - they pass regularly.

The front of house staff are friendly and really helped me plan a trip to Petra last minute so they can help you with that and it isnt a bad price.

Overall, I'd probably stay closer to the nicer areas of town in future as I had to get a taxi all the time and I can't rely on their in-house food. If you're not fussy about what you eat then this is quite a nice, good value hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chicago Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Part of my Atlastours.net selection for my individually planned Amman trip. In early November 2012, this 4 star hotel has great buffet breakfast that was included and an optional great Jordanian menu dinner for 8 dinar ($6.00 US) add-on. I stayed a total of 4 nights at the beginning and end of my two week trip. This hotel is built on the side of a hill so that the entry lobby is actually on the 7th floor with all the rooms down from there. The entry to the hotel is in a quiet residential area. The first floor has an exit on what serves as the rear of the hotel facing a noisy large market area that takes place on Thursday and Friday which also has bus traffic. I was in room 416 which at my request did not face this busy back area but also was in an inner court which had no view. I was okay with no view with my quiet room because it was for sleeping. I spend my days visiting tourist sights and city neighborhoods. Based on my Trip Advisor review of the hotel prior to my tour agency booking it, I had noted user comments on specifically asking for a room not facing the busy rear of the hotel. I am happy I was prepared to do this on my arrival at the hotel.All the personnel at the hotel were nice that I had contact with. There is a computer for internet use available in the business office for a reasonable minor fee.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with windows facing the rear busy square/bus area even if you end up with a room with no...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Lichfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here at the beginning and end of a weeks trekking in Jordan. I debated how many stars to give it, and settled on four.

So, what was good? Comfortable bed, decent shower, fridge in the room, cheap minibar (soft only), free wifi in the lobby and seating areas, they sell stamps and have a postbox, staff were friendly, buffet breakfast was good and had a wide selection of food.

And bad? The coffee at breakfast was probably the worst I have had anywhere. The hotel overlooks the marketplace and was a bit noisy overnight. The free lobby wifi wasn't that fast. The rooms are fairly plain.

Overall I would unhesitatingly stay there again, so I felt three stars would be unfair. It's a good place.

Room Tip: The hotel is on the side of a hill, so the lobby is at the top - probably try and stay high.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very nice and clean hotel in downtown Amman, great value for the price and breakfast was amazing. I will always stay here when I visit Amman. It's worth staying here for the breakfast only! Free wifi in the lobby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

In Oct 2012, I stayed for four nights in this hotel (at the beginning and at the end of our tour so two different rooms).
I loved it!
important to know: The hotel is not in the part of downtown where the touristic things (the citadel, the theater,... Both fantastic places to visit! don't skip them!) are. You can walk, about 20 min, or you can take a taxi. for example: take a taxi to the citadel as it is on a hill, do sightseeing, and walk back works perfect. We always paid in between 2 and 5 dinar for the ride. (5 is too high, but in the beginning you don't know this - let the staff of the hotel help to talk to the taxi driver before it takes you).

What I loved most about this hotel is the service: very friendly, professional, always with a smile, always ready to help you! Probably the best service I ever had in a hotel (especially the guys at the front desk).

The interior of the hotel (lobby, with a huge sitting area, and than the restaurant area) is really very pretty, with all the coloured tiles. A nice place to relax with a drink. Breakfast is really excellent with a lot of choice.

Our first room was really huge. Very practical, we had everything we needed. My only (small) complaint would be that there was some mold in the corners of the bathtub/shower (although for sure cleaned well) and that the cleaning during our stay there was one day a bit less good. the second room was smaller but for sure still big enough.

There is a business area with a computer to use for which you alas need to pay but it's not that expensive. In the lobby there is wireless internet for free.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Toledo Amman Hotel? Share your experiences!