“Very satisfied” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 116 Hotels in Amman
Toronto, Canada
“Very satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I've read some negative reviews about this place and can't agree with any of them.
We had 1 bedroom with kitchenette (fully equipped, so you can even make a dinner), and the room had living room as well, so my husband slept on the sofa, and I slept in the bedroom along with 2 kids. Bed is amazing, great quality mattress and very spacious.
I was very surprised when cleaning service guy washed my dishes in the sink.
Very clean, bright, cozy place.
Breakfast is served between 7 - 10.30 daily , though you need to know that Friday it's served later (we didn't know that and almost missed our trip to Petra ).
But if you ask for any help or assistance - you get it for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed at the crystal suite for four nights on a business trip. I have been to Amman on many occasions and usually stayed at either the Sheraton or intercontental, however due to the Sheraton being fully booked, and the intercontental being further away from where my appointments wer being held, i opted for the crystal suite, as location was perfect.
I was not disappointed at all, the staff extreamly friendly, and always willing to assist you in any matter or request, location perfect. They have doen some renovation which has turned the room into a 4 star room, with all the necessary facility you require, including free wifi internet (which i greatly needed to do my work). A flat screen tv with over a hundred channels, mini refrigerator, and a well designed toilet and shower.
I have read some reviews regarding the traffic noise, well I will be honest, the location is good thus there will always be traffic noise, however after the first night it wont bother you at all; secondly regarding internet, i had no problem at all with the internet. Good value for money.
I certainly would visit the hotel again on my next business trip, and looking forward to seeing the staff again.

Room Tip: choose the third floor of the hotel, renovated and very modern
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I booked this hotel last minute since prices were too high at other places and the pictures looked OK. The location is OK and did not matter much to us since we had a car. We had 2 couples with us who had toddlers with them, hence we booked rooms with kitchenette for them at a high cost (turned out they got same room for money since we had the same room). The hotel rooms are spacious but worn out. The paint is coming off at many places and windows do not properly close. One can hear all the cars passing by the whole night (i checked this in 2 rooms). One of my friend even got an electric shock trying to switch on the stove.

Positives: Central location, parking, spacious rooms
Negatives: worn out, noisy, poor service, shocking !!

Room Tip: In case you cant find anything else and need to choose this hotel, dont overpay for one bedroom with...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My room was of a good size and the bathroom was great (despite leaky shower tray) however there were a few issues which would make me think twice about staying again.

Staff were relatively friendly, although we were made to wait for about 20 minutes before we could check in - surprising as we arrived on time and there were no other customers in the reception area. Overall service was good, but very slow!

There was also an issue with my key card for my room - it didn't work one day, and when I went down to reception I was given another, which did not work again, and so on and so forth. This happened several times and the member of staff at the reception didn't seem to be too bothered that the card didn't work, or that I had been up and down from my room to reception about 4 times.

All things aside though, the hotel had a nice feel to it, the breakfast was great and the room was quiet, clean and decorated nicely.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

3 nights, 2 rooms (106 and 206), neither with working air conditioning and neither looked like the website. 1st room had bad smell from bathroom and then aircon stopped working, staff to their credit readily moved us to second room, still old decor (plaster peeling from walls, old style bathroom with dark shower area, tatty kitchenette) which wasn't great, minibar empty and aircon not working. Thankfully not too hot at the time and didn't fancy moving again for just over a day, although opening windows was not really practical due to traffic noise.

On the bright side, staff attentive, hotel is easy to find, although needs a sign that you see before driving past it and has parking.

Room Tip: Ask for rear of hotel and refurbished room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

While the staff who works at the hotel were helpful, professional and appologetic, the ongoing problems we encountered were not attended to. We picked this hotel because it offered wifi in the rooms and the price was reasonable. Unfortunately, for 3 of our 4 days we did not have any Internet service. The first night the Internet service was slow and was often interrupted. I reported the insufficiency to the Manager on the first day that it didn’t work. I was assured that it would be fixed. It was not. I asked for a reduced rate for no service. I did not get it. I read a review about this same issue on line, and believed the responding message from the Manager that it had been repaired. It seems they may be giving all clients the same story.
This hotel is adjacent to a very very loud coffee shop or bar. Although the hotel offered us a new room after the second sleepless night, in the new room the music continued to blast past my earplugs and the pillow on top of my head. This pounding music lasts from 10:00 PM – 2:30 AM. The owner told his staff to call the police; he told us the loud music was illegal.
If you want wifi and a sound sleep, The Crystal Hotel is not the accommodation you are looking for. If however, you want a party area, and don't require Internet, it might be the perfect accomodation.
Breakfast was a fresh Arabic buffet and one could order an omelette from the chef. A fruit bowl and yogurt for guests who wish a lighter breakfast would be an inexpensive alternative.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front (floor 3 or 4) offer a bit of a view of the streets. The suite is larger, ask for...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cholet, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We (young couple from Europe) stayed in the Christal Hotel for one night end of February 2012. The hotel is brand new (only one month old). The staff was very friendly and helpfull. To pay 65 Jordanian Dollar for a 5 star looking room and service is good value for money. Breakfast was excellent as well. It is a 10 minute taxi ride from the centre (for around 1,5 JD you could be in the centre of town).

Room Tip: I have no idea on what side our room was, but I don't think there are any balconies in the hotel...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crystal Suites? Share your experiences!