“A Luxury Hotel, Almost, But Helpful With Health Need” 4 of 5 stars

Grand Millennium Hotel Amman
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   07 lliya Abu Madi Street | Shmeisani, Amman, Jordan   |
Ranked #13 of 116 Hotels in Amman
sacramento, ca
“A Luxury Hotel, Almost, But Helpful With Health Need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night at the Millenium Hotel. It is a relatively new hotel in Amman, Jordan and this shows in its appearance. Other reviews have commented on the modern design and other features and so I will not repeat these types of comments. I am focusing on our experiences. As with all luxury hotels in Egypt or Jordan (our trip) you first go through security. We were checked in quickly and upgraded to a larger room.
You use your room key to activate access your room floor on the elevator so be sure to ask for two keys. We were given only one key and I had to go back and obtain a second one. The key is also used in your room to activate power and A/C. The room was spacious with a large writing desk, , large couch, TV, see through bathroom window with pull down cover, a small computer console to control lights, A/C, etc. We had a king size bed that was comfortable. Two free bottles of water are provided each day. You can access internet for $5 JOD for one hour and a computer is available in the business office.
I had two problems with the room. First, the output of the A/C was weak and it was difficult to make the room comfortably cool at night. In addition the light bulbs used seem to emit a large amount of heat (handy for drying small wet items). I found this problem at other hotels in our trip. And second, the anti slip strips in the bathtub were mostly in the first 1/2 of the tub and where you stepped into the tub did not have strips. The shower/tub has handles to help with any fall issues but the tub can be slippery where there are no strips.
We had a half-board room package arranged for by Freelancers Travel, which did our entire Egypt/Jordan trip and for which we had a great travel experience. The breakfast and dinner are in the restaurant in the main lobby. It focuses on Lebanese type foods. Variety of food is limited and I found the food to be be only average. I do not recommend eating at the hotel. I did not have time to explore the area for other restaurants.
I give high praise to the hotel for its help with a health issue for my wife. She had been suffering from diarrhea for several days (starting in Egypt) and on the morning we were to leave she had an acute episode. I went to the registration desk and ask if they had a hotel doctor. They had one but he comes in at 12 noon and it was 9 a.m. However, the hotel employee called the doctor and I talked with him and he agreed to come over in about half an hour. He arrived about an hour later and apologized for the delay but he said he was delayed by traffic. He asked questions of my wife and eventually gave her a cocktail shot and a prescription if the shot did not work after a few days. For this service and medication I paid $45 JOD, or about $60 US. Also, the hotel extended our check out time to allow time for the medications to help, which they did. This gave her time to feel better and then travel to Petra. I found other employees at Millenium to also be quite helpful and friendly. No one asked for tips either, but I gave them.
I wish I could give the hotel a 5 rating (plus for helping with my wife's problem) but I give it a four rating because of the poor quality of dining at this hotel. If it wants to reach for the five star luxury level it must significantly upgrade its dining options and quality of food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Arabic first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

A disappointment.
This establishment is advertised as top of the line. What it ended up being- is an aggravating stay.
Noisy as hell- NOT soundproofed.
Bathroom stank- a mildewy odor.
The 2nd day, there was a blaring emergency siren, asking everyone to evacuate. Fortunately, it was a false alarm.

{+} The lobby's live piano music.
The interesting room style.
The halls' blue mood lighting.

{-} Hearing neighboring rooms slam their doors & bang around, at all hours.
The foul bathroom funk.

• Stayed April 2013
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel is very luxurious (a little bit "kitsch") but the dinner in the restaurant is very disappointing: almost nothing to eat, no variation, no taste, and the jordanian house-wine is very expencive: 18 dinar for two (half-filled) glasses the first day, the day after for exacly the same (half-filled) glasses 25 dinar!!!

Room Tip: Rent a room, but eat outside.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

On Visiting Amman, I was informed about the opening of a new Hotel. I decided to stay here at a The Millennium Hotel and I certainly was not disappointed. I was overwhelmed by every aspect of the Hotel, the rooms were magnificent, the staff where incredibly friendly and helpful. The food was outstanding, the tastiest food I have ever tried, it being an all you can eat, I could not stop eating. The range of foods for every meal was unbelievable. I had to try everything, compliments to the chef. The Pool and Sky Lounge, with the view over Amman was just spectacular. You can relax in the pool, then go an enjoy a nice relaxing session in the sauna or steam room. If you get the chance, I would certainly recommend you visit this hotel. I will certainly be back, sooner rather than later, I hope.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for approximately 2 weeks over the past 6 months (Sept 12 and March 13). The hotel is quite simply - absolute luxury.

Food is excellent in both restaurants. Bars are extremely classy, with nice touch of live musicians. Sky Lounge on the top floor is an iincredible way to view the city from 19 floors up.

Management and staff all extremely accomodating without being either insincere or over the top.

Rooms are also finished to an extremely high standard. Beds enormous and so comfy.

An absolute pleasure.

• Stayed September 2012
Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

April 21, 2013. We just got back from a site seeing trip to Jordan.
We visited the Amman City and Stayed for 3 days at the Millenium Hotel in the Shmeisani area (banking area) in Amman
The hotel is fantastic, build in a very modern style. The rooms are great and the service is perfect. Water and possibility to make coffee or the in the room is free of charge.
You even have the possibility to look television from you.
The evening meal is in a “à la carte” Lebanese restaurant with lots of choice and the possibility to taste some local dishes? This 5 star hotel delivers the 5 star service, great hotel. Because the hotel is very new and opened only 4 month’s ago, the 2 other restaurants (Asian and a steakhouse) were not yet opened.

Places to visit in Amman are;
The Citadel and the Roman Theater is the most obvious and impressive relic of ancient Philadelphia;
Also go and visit the dead see, only 45 minutes away from Amman and without a doubt the world's most amazing place. The Dead Sea is over 400m (1,312 ft.) below sea level. The lowest point on the face of the earth;
Also visit the King Abdullah I Mosque (Blue mosque), 5 minute by car away from the hotel.

Enjoy your stay ( enjoy enjoy enjoy)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I don't think my stay at the hotel could have been any better! I was there for just under 2 weeks and had an amazing time at the Millenium Hotel. The staff were very friendly and always on hand to help, we had 24 hour room service and when I sprained my knee whilst out in Irbid, I got back to the hotel late at night and the staff saw I had hurt myself and offered to bring ice up to my room. I ate in the hotel restaurants 9 out of the 12 nights I were there because the food was fantastic and varied every day. The facilities like the cigar bar, sky bar, gym and sauna were always in immaculate condition as was my room. The room attendants even went through the trouble of folding my clothes when I didn't have time to myself and it was these little things that made the stay so fantastic! I would like to thank all of the staff at the hotel and if I ever have the pleasure of returning to Jordan, I will without a doubt be coming back to your hotel. Highly recommended to anyone that would like a great hotel with fantastic facilities and a peaceful stay! x

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Grand Millennium Hotel Amman? Share your experiences!