“Lovely place, delicious food, excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Al Qasr Metropole Hotel
Amman
“Lovely place, delicious food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is one of my favorite places in town.
The food is absolutely delicious, my favorite salad/starter is the cold seafood platter, if you're a seafood fan!
steaks, sandwiches, sushi whatever your mood was like i'm sure you'll enjoy it!
The place got more spacious after the renovation, but to be honest i used to like the old setting better.
The very friendly staff and their excellent customer service skills is what makes this place even more special.
It's not the cheapest place but it's worth it.

Darlington, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant, lovely view and nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our evening there. We went up in the afternoon to have a look and the staff were great. They booked us a table with a sunset view and they opened the sliding glass doors onto the balcony and took pictures of all 3 of us. We had a sushi boat to share that was fab and some really tasty Jordanian wine, finished off with a lovely complimentary tasting plate of desserts. Best meal of our whole trip and it was happy hour with discount on all but fancy wine. I've ticked family but our daughter is 29 yr.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very Nice Restaurant, Great Food, Good Service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I went to this restaurant with one of my business associates on Tuesday, January 15th - although we did not have a reservation, we were seated promptly. The menu is quite large and has a good variety. Food was very good. Our server had a little bit of difficulty with the English, however, everything arrived as ordered. Lighting is a little dark - it was quite difficult to read the menu. very nice estaurant, would recommend to anyone.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amman
“disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

when I first came to Amman 12 years ago, this was my favorite restaurant by far, the view, the atmosphere, the menu were simply great, it's actually where my husband and I went on our first date. A few years ago it underwent a major renovation and I haven't been to it since, so on our 10th anniversary we decided to go there, and what a disappointment. Instead of the cosy place it is now a huge open space with very dim lighting and a menu with text in orange and green that made it difficult to read. The miso soup and mushroom soup were both nice, but my salad came in a small portion (though it's a $ 10 salad), with the dressing covering it completely! I also ordered sushi, 6 pieces, and they were ok, nothing close to the great things I heard about it. It took forever for the food to arrive, and the waiters were not attentive even though there were at least 4 or 5 standing around at any one time. In addition to the above my husband ordered sea scallops which were good, and we had two glasses of wine. We paid 90 Jds (equivalent to $ 130)! I think that's overpriced, even for Amman.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely view and delicious dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Once you figure out that the restaurant is on the other side of what appears to be a solid wooden wall- but is a sliding door, you are in for a wonderful evening. Incredible panoramic view of Amman and very good food. Contemporary,rich food with an emphasis on seafood and sushi. Recommend fried calamari and seared sea scallops.