“OK, but not for holiday” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bristol Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bristol Hotel to your Saves list
Bristol Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5th circle, Behind Arab Medical Centre | AbdulRahman Alawi Street Jabl, Amman 11844 , Jordan   |
Ranked #27 of 115 hotels in Amman
Cranbrook, United Kingdom
“OK, but not for holiday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a few occasions for business trips, it's reasonable, rooms are big a clean and most importantly, the beds are amazingly comfortable. However, the disco above and below really does not help - what possesses a hotel to have something that loud above bedrooms I do not know. Not helped by paper thin walls - I could hear the neighbouring room open their curtains in the morning. Also front desk calls up way too late a night, sorting out taxis and room extentions for the next day, despite telling them I was ill and was trying to sleep.
On the plus side, the room service mezze was fab and it's comfortable enough for a business trip - just get the rooms away from the disco., However, I was on holiday I would be somewhat annoyed.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are away from the noise
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ziad F, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Esteemed Guest,

We would like to thank you for posting your review via the TripAdvisor website and apologize for any inconvinence caused as a result of noise disturbance, Kindly note that we are currently working on measures to rectify this issue.

On the other hand, we appreciate your positive comments regarding the room service and comfortable bedding.

Would appreciate if you could kindly send me an email prior to your next stay so I could take extra care of your room allocation to gm@bristolamman.com.

With best regards

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Arabic first
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

It was my first time in Jordan and I've stayed in Bristol Hotel which was convenient for my business. It is not a new hotel, but it is clean and the services is very nice. What I've noticed is that even though it is closer to the arabic style of hotels, the majority of the guests were European and Americans.
I've stayed in a suite that was really big but I would like to have more lights in the bathroom. What I really enjoyed is the restaurant at the top floor: nice view to Amman, nice food (sandwiches and burgers mainly) and drinks. I've also visited the sports bar, which was nice but unfortunately I cannot stand the smoke, so I didn't stayed for long. Breakfast is rich and again I've notices the very friendly people that are always available to assist you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ziad F, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback regarding your stay at Bristol Amman via TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in general including your breakfast experience as well as dining in the roof top AG's Lounge.

With regards to the lighting in the bathroom, kindly note that we are currently looking into this issue.

Thanks once again for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you once again at Bristol Amman on your next stay.

Kind regards
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights here on Gate1 tour. Hotel is in "new" area of Amman (not historic area) and right by the Royal Jordanian headquarters. Everyone entering hotel must pass through metal detectors/bag x-ray each time. We saw lots of staff bypassing the security apparatus, however. Very inconvenient when arriving with a lot of luggage or in a large group.

Hotel rooms adequate, but showing wear on carpet and paint. Nice Dead Sea bath amenities and full-size hair dryer. Wash cloths and bath robes available upon request. Two guests in room but only one small bottle of water was provided.

Free wifi throughout the hotel, password provided at check-in. Arab coffee offered to guests in outer lobby was free and nicely prepared and presented.

Free/included on ground floor, just off lobby. Service at breakfast was terrible. Took 10 minutes to get a cup of coffee and no easy way to get a refill. Quickly ran out of juice glasses and juices, very slow to restock or refill. Nice selection of breads, good hummus. Limited hot foods (eggs, meat, beans, tomatoes: same daily). Smoking allowed in restaurant which was disgusting.

Pool opened May 1, so were unable to use it. Staff seemed arrogant and uncaring (perhaps because we were with a group?). For a group hotel it was ok. Some restaurants within walking distance (ask bell staff for lower-priced options). Our previous downtown hotel had a much warmer welcome but not the "glam" of the area or furnishings. I would take substance and warmth over glam and impersonal any day. For a more authentic Amman stay, downtown hotels provide more. For Western-style hotels stay in Western Amman and eat at the nearby KFC, Chili's, and other US chain restaurants.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ziad F, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

We regret to read that you felt uncomfortable with our security procedures, noting that such procedures were put in place by local authorities for our guests safety and security.

Additionally, your notes on your breakfast experience were shared with our concerned department and we have put in place steps on enhancing the coffee service as well as your other points, and we apologize for not meeting your expectations.

We thank you once again for providing us with your feedback and hope that you will give us another chance on your next stay to Amman.

With best regards
Riyadh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for view days, they have nice pool and spa, they have good restaurants as well.

The location in a busy area of Amman with many coffee shops here and there , mostly the area is public area , the rooms were clean and service as expected.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ziad F, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your fantastic comments regarding your recent stay at Bristol Amman on TripAdvisor.

Your comments were shared with our management team which are highly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming your back at Bristol Amman in the near future.

Kind regards
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I must say that the overall service has improved since I stayed last year. The hotel even looks more clean. I ate along with friends at the sports bar and the food was good. The only comment I have is the constant noise which was from drilling as I believe the hotel was doing works,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ziad F, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and posting on TripAdvisor.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay including our Players Sports Bar and apologize for the noise disturbance caused by drilling. Please note that we are upgrading our facilities as we always strive to be the most favored hotel choice for all travellers.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Bristol Amman in the near future.

Egypt, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for , I came to Amman for business as our company Korvan exhibition
I found my stay Enjoyable , the hotel have undergone a renovation and the room was good and the staff was friendly
For the food , the breakfast was really good variety of foods which can meet all nationality
There was only one thing which was not comfortable which is the A/C in the room , when I stayed the temperature at night was 12C and instead of providing heating in the room , the hotel provide cooling !! the room was cold at night .

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor, which is highly appreciated.

Your comments were shared with our management team and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay in general at Bristol Amman.

Looking forward to hosting you soon at Bristol Amman.

Union, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed at the Bristol for the first time for business and overall stay was great. The room was adequate, clean and internet was free.

Breakfast quality and service was good and had a full selection to choose from.

Would recommend this hotel, especially as the location is prime and close to almost anything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ziad F, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your remarkable review posted on TripAdvisor.

Your comments were shared with our management team whom appreciate your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you once again soon at the Bristol Amman.

Best regards

Been to Bristol Hotel? Share your experiences!