“Elegant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Amman

You added Grand Hyatt Amman to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Amman
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hussein Bin Ali St., Jabal Amman | PO Box 831159, Amman 11183, Jordan   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #8 of 118 Hotels in Amman
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pennsylvania
“Elegant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel with high-end shops and all of the amenities. There is little within walking distance so you will need a taxi.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

I've been staying at this hotel over the last 5 years and can thoroughly recommend it.
Lobby is well planned and has a lounge/bar that serves a good selection of local food.[Without the opulence of the Four Seasons or Le Meridien]
Service is attentive but not oppressive. Staff remember who you are.
Main restaurant and dining caters to all tastes.
Club rooms have access to excellent business lounge and well worth additional cost.
Rooms are spacious.
Access is secure and very good.
Good gym and pool etc.
Excellent choice for business.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

The service at this hotel is incredible, if you ever have any problems at this hotel, take it up with the staff immediately and I'm 100% sure that they will do everything within their power to correct immediately.

I arrived on Christmas day. I walked into my room and was very impressed by the decorations. I entered further where I found a little stuffed Camel on my bed and fruit and cookies on the table by the window. This impressed me. I hope that this isn't just a Christmas thing.

The room is very cozy and feels like home,. The bathroom is sure to please with a very spacious shower and bathtub. The bed was large, luxurious, and very warm and comforting to sleep in, I think it even had extra pillows.

I used the workout room and was quite happy with the number of electronic trainers, the free weights and weight machines. It was very clean and the staff were very courteous. Upon finishing I ventured to pool for a nice little swim with a beautiful view of a nearby Mosque.

I had a wonderful lunch at the restaurant. The service once again was superb.

We ventured away from Amman for a couple days and returned to the hotel on New Years Eve. We had a little bit of an issue with our reservations for dinner but they were sorted out and for our troubles we were invited to the top floor for drinks and food. The staff once again were magnificent.

The very next morning, our last, and time to move on, my fiancee was greeted by the staff and was offered a couple more camels to take home as a souvenir. This was fantastic.We enjoyed our breakfast again and moved on.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

The hotel was really nice..very comfortable, great breakfast filled my teenager son for the day.. located well. We did day trips from here to Dead Sea ( really expensive hotels there!), Madaba, Jarash from here. Try a meal at the Hasheem Rest'nt if you like authentic local food. We had a great cabbie who doubled up as our local guide too... He took us to Petra and back, we also hired him for our Wadi Rum trip

I would recommend him strongly - Thank you Mr Shawki( [--]) you made our trip a breeze

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Oro Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

This hotel did not equate with the elegance or service of the Cairo Fairmont or Cairo Four Seasons First Residence. However, it was very nice. The rooms offered free internet for one night and they were nicely appointed, but smaller than either of the other 5 star hotels. The concierge was helpful as well, but I have had better. The restaurant had good food for lunch. The pool was not filled. The downtown area was close if you took a cab and they were reasonable. You are about 30 minutes from the airport. If I were coming to Amman again, I would look into one of the other 5 star hotels for comparison as there seemed to be other well regarded 5 stars in town.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

I had one overnight in Amman before returning to the states, the Hyatt was a perfect overnight stay. I was very impressed with the hotel staff, they were very friendly and used my first name every time they greeted! The grand club lounge was very nice, excellent food, service, and free wi-fi. The hotel room was immaculate, spacious, and the amenities were wonderful (I, too, was impressed with the local Jordan products).
I used the hotel car service for airport pick-up/drop-off and for a day trip to Jerash. This was very nice, and I had the same delightful driver for the pickup and day trip, which was very nice!
All in all, impressive and cannot wait to return for a longer stay!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt Amman during a trip to Jordan and Lebanon.
The hotel is definitely highly secure, with car barriers and security screenings for those entering the plush foyer. While this was alarming at first, the security staff were exceptionally lovely and took the time to explain they wanted to make sure their visitors were extremely safe. The women who patted me down on an almost daily basis were so lovely that I knew about their children by the end of our stay.

The hotel itself is in a modern area of Amman, nearby embassies and official residences. While the tourist sites are located in the old town, I strongly preferred to stay outside of the hustle and bustle of the old town area.

The hotel's rooms were lovely, with great showers and wonderfully comfortable beds. The toiletries were rather decadent Dead Sea products. The staff were again wonderful, supplying us with free gifts on arrival (a stuffed camel) and a free camel each day with our complimentary bottled water.

The pool, spa and health area is wonderfully decadent, in line with the rather impressive lobby. The bar in the downstairs area is apparently the hip place to be seen, but was a little dead when we tried it out. The breakfast spreads were enormous and catered to international taste preferences.

All in all, a wonderful hotel which I'll definitely return to on my next Amman trip.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Hyatt Amman? Share your experiences!