“Brunch at 32 North” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Amman

You added Grand Hyatt Amman to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Amman
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hussein Bin Ali St., Jabal Amman | PO Box 831159, Amman 11183, Jordan   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Spa Package
Ranked #9 of 116 Hotels in Amman
Amman
“Brunch at 32 North”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I took a family of friends for brunch at 32 degrees North in the Grand Hyatt. The food was excellent, fresh and very nicely presented. The chief went to extra trouble sending freshly cooked fish to the table and preparing other tasty delights for us although this was really a buffet service. Although I had been told on the telephone a booking was possible from 12.30 onwards the restaurant was not actually ready when we arrived. The waiter service was a bit slow, but the individual attention from the chief and the quality of food made up for it. Next time I will go at about 13.30.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
GrandHyattAmmanHotel, Manager at Grand Hyatt Amman, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear John B,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman,
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused due the given wrong time of the opening hours of 32° north restaurant.
We are glad you enjoyed the wide variety of specialties our Culinary team prepares for the Friday Brunch buffet,
We would like to share with you that we also have L’incontro our Italian restaurant and Indochine for a special Vietnamese dinner it would be great to try them as well.
Looking forward to welcome you in the near future
Kind regards
Rania Jasser
Marketing Communications Manager
Grand Hyatt Amman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

clean, well loacated, but really very stupid and stupid security system , i stayed for a week and when going in evey time they should check me and with a very stupid way i think a hayatt hotel is can upgrade this system women how check me can use the electronic device to check the geust without touch them that`s way , she touch them only to do her job with a very stupid way but i m please upgrade thits stupid system

Room Tip: main entarnce view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Amman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I arrived to the hotel to meet one of my friends staying in room 407 , my friend was hosting a recruiting seminar in Zara meeting room , the hotel flooring is so dirty I used the elevators from the lobby to reach the other connected building , un believable dirtiness in all the corners and flooring , elevator in very dirty from inside , bad smell when traveling between towers in the back areas , cigarettes on the floor , steps are so dirty , Pepsi cans on the floor even the business center was not fresh , no air freshener smell in the lobby , staff uniforms is also not presentable , one steward attendant was cleaning on the terraces with dirty water and bad smell , , we went to get a cup of coffee in the main hotel lounge , tables were full of cigarette ashes , coffee tray from a previous guest was still on the table , no one came after 15 minutes to clear the table or even to ask us what we would like to drink ....... Surprised since I'm at Hyatt and not at a 3 stars hotel ..!!!
Tables at the lounge were full of dust , the chandelier above me was extremely dirty .. ( we're is housekeeping ) ?
Out side fountains in between the towers were so dirty water was not clear and looks terrible.
Dust is all over the place.
My friend staying in room 407 Mr. Hussam sayaf was also surprised from the low level of service in room and outlets , even some of the staff reaction was weird when I told them the hotel is dirty they replayed back that they know that but they cannot do anything one of them was the business center agent .
The lounge waiter was also not professional in his reply , he told me that the hotel is busy !!! That's why our services are slow !! Are the higher management aware of what's happening ?
A non consistent supervision will lead to this level of accumulated dirt and un efficient service drop.
I entered the hotel , no one welcomes me or even asked me were if I need any further help and assist , I complained to the business center agent and to the lounge head waiter and no one approached us to extend apology , the only word I heard was ( sorry ) .

Room Tip: My friend was staying in 407 , i cannot give any recommendation .
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed in an executive suite with connected room. The hotel is quite old but clean. The suite and room is very spacious. Nice view of Amman from the hotel. Staff is very friendly.
It gets a little noisy at night if there is a party in the hotel.
Concierge has minimal information about tourism!!
I would consider going back to Grand Hyatt and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cross Junction, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I wouldn't go as far to say this is a "5 star hotel" as they claim to be. I agree with other reviewers that the service could be improved; particularly for me at the breakfast buffet. I usually had to ask for more coffee, which I should not at this class level of hotel. They should refill my cup automatically unless I request no more. But, they would walk right by without even looking.

I stayed on the 9th floor (Club King Room) and I liked the bed and pillows. I slept well and it was quiet. I have no complaints about the room at all.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were a little put off by the bad comments on trip advisor about this hotel however we decided to book this hotel anyway as our friend was holding his wedding there. Now I wish we had taken heed of the other comments and not booked.

The hotel itself is beautiful and has a lovely reception and restaurant areas as well as an lovely outdoor bar overlooking the city. The hotel rooms are lovely and spacious and on the whole befitting of its five star rating. The hotel is full of business men and women during the week and not holiday makers so we got a lot of stares in our ‘appropriate’ holiday attire.

The service unfortunately is terrible and lets the hotel down. We had some drinks on the terrace bar the first night and were largely ignored and struggled to get anyone’s attention for a drinks order. We eventually managed to make an order and the drinks did come swiftly. Getting the bill was equally as difficult and I started to walk out before someone came.

The second day we joined some friends for breakfast at the hotel. They were already on a table for 4 which was set up for two. We waited patiently for someone to come and set up the cutlery for us however no one came to do this. 15 minutes later we had to ask for cutlery which was provided however, they didn’t think to bring napkins! We were not told what the protocol was for the breakfast buffet or given a menu. Also we not offered tea or coffee. We had to ask for it. Service was awful however the breakfast buffet is very lovely with lots of variety! We avoided when, possible, breakfast at the hotel. We commented to the front desk that the service was bad in the restaurant and a young’ish manager just shrugged. Our friends reinforced the fact that the service was bad and then he said he would pass on the comments to the restaurant manager! He needs to go on a 5 star hotel management course. I would expect a response like that to come from someone managing a 3 star travel lodge hotel not a 5 star hotel. Terrible.

Our local friends came for a visit to the bar one night for some drinks and also commented that they thought the service has gone down hill. We generally tried to go out for drinks and food thereafter.

We also had a problem with the hairdryer which cut out after a few minutes use. We repeatedly asked for it to be replaced or fixed however that did not happen. I asked for a individual hairdryer so I could get ready and go out but the room services operator said they did not have one. The next day I noticed that there was a stand-alone hairdryer in the spa changing room so when I asked again the following day I asked for that hairdryer to be sent to me. He said that was not possible. I had to go to the manager with wet hair before I got a hairdryer.

On check out we were presented with a bill which had over 200 Jordanian Dinars added for internet access which we had not used. We had to call the manager to get this removed from our bill. At this time the manager apologies for the difficulties we had had and offered us 10% off our bill. A revised bill was presented to us which we accepted as being correct. It took over 20 minutes for a bill to be printed again and the front desk lady was having difficulties using the computer. We had friends waiting so we said we would settle the bill when we returned in a few hours. The check out process has already taken 40 minutes!! When we returned we were presented with a completely different bill !!! this one was higher than the one we agreed to ! as the lady before had made a mistake ! we eventually settled the bill and left and this was the final straw for us.

On the positive side the hotel has a lovely spa and an indoor and outdoor pool and lovely Jacuzzi and sauna and steam room. This was very relaxing!!!

The Royal is a lovely hotel with charm and beautiful decor. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel is in a much better position than some of the other large hotels in Amman - you can walk into an area of decent restaurants and street life reasonably easily. Rooms are of the quality you would expect, and they have kettles, ironing boards etc. Windows open, but ask for a room at the back - better views and quieter. Wifi, though, is not free. Health club, sauna, turkish bath and pools are fine. Terrace is a pleasant place for an evening drink. Service is mostly good, though one or two are a little surly. Breakfast and lunch buffets are excellent, though the international restaurants are a bit disappointing. This was my second visit, and I would be happy to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Grand Hyatt Amman? Share your experiences!