“Nice Stay - Room for improvement” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Amman

Save Saved
You added Grand Hyatt Amman to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Amman
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hussein Bin Ali St., Jabal Amman | PO Box 831159, Amman 11183, Jordan   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Spa Package
Ranked #10 of 115 hotels in Amman
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice Stay - Room for improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

It was my first time in Amman and in this hotel.

It is not a new hotel and the building shows its age.
On the contrary the interior is clean, and I have found the room quite spacious and well decorated.

Wi-fi is available but it not free and at 15 JOD per day, I find it quite expensive.

The personnel is friendly even though sometimes in the lobby lounge are a bit "pushy" in asking if you want something. We were sitting 15 minutes waiting for a person and they asked 3 times if we wanted something to drink even after we told them we did not want anything.

If i compare it with other Hyatt hotel i have stayed in, i generally feel that it is a notch below the usual standard.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

329 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had a quick stop through Amman (flight arrived at 5pm and I had to travel the next morning at 10am) and it was my first time in Jordan so I wanted a safe, reliable and centrally located hotel from where I could venture out to see as much as possible in the quick stay that I had. I found the Grand Hyatt to be suitable for this purpose.

I generally prefer boutique hotels or a more luxurious option, but from what I read it seemed like the Grand Hyatt was in a better location than the Four Seasons. I recognized that I wasn't going to be able to do much in an evening, but I still managed to have dinner at Hashem (AMAZING - must visit), walk around downtown a bit (some shops were still open) and hang out at a cafe for a couple of hours to enjoy shisa on Rainbow Street (a fun experience for a Friday night!). The hotel itself was very secure and convenient with its 3rd Circle location. It's not run down as I had read in previous comments, but it's also not super new (more in between which was fine for me). The bed was very comfortable and the service was fine. The bathroom was spacious, clean and nice. I loved the gift that was delivered to my room upon check in - a small stuffed animal camel with "Jordan" written on it. The hotel is a great choice for business travelers. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
GrandHyattAmmanHotel, Manager at Grand Hyatt Amman, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear CaliGirlSAS ,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman
I was delighted to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and your kind comments are very much appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Staff members were helpful and customer oriented. Rooms were were clean, nicely decorated and comfortable. The 9th floor club lounge had nice energy and good snacks. The hotel delivered in flying colors to meet all my expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ^^^ ,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman
We look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future
Best regards
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The flight from the UK meant we arrived late at the Hotel but all the staff were friendly and welcoming and ensured our visit started well.
The room was spacious, bathroom luxurious and the ever important goodies were Dead Sea products which were lovely to use. Indoor pool was heated and spotlessly clean.
Had a treatment in the spa which was brilliant.
Lounge service was good, attentive but not overpowering staff, our meal in the restaurant was excellent and once again service was tip top.
We hired a private guide / driver who took us to the city sites, local restaurants and Jerash which was well worth the expense as driving in Amman is a challenge.
Would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Datchet ,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman
We are looking forward to welcoming you back with us at Grand Hyatt Amman soon.
Best regards
Dubai, UAE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We enjoyed a three-day stay in this hotel in December for a conference. The rooms were great, and the food was very good. Also, the hotel's location makes it easy to get around to other locations in Amman.

I highly recommend this as a hotel for business and tourist visitors to Amman.

My only complaint would be the high cost of the Wifi within the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear The_YTT ,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman
Your feedback is of tremendous value to all of us and your evaluation will form an important part of our ongoing program to continuously monitor the quality of our services and facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My stay at the Hyatt was complaint-free. The staff were very helpful about navigating around the city and otherwise courteous and friendly. The room was nicely kept with a wonderful view of the city (ask for a high floor). The breakfast buffet is overflowing with delicious food, with a few Western options but also a large number of Mid-East delicacies. As some other reviewers have mentioned, the security getting in/out of the hotel is not enjoyable, but it is certainly necessary.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tom F,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman
We look forward to welcoming you back and once again, thank you for assisting us on this very important survey.
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I visited Amman several times and stayed in a number of its hotels (Le Meridien, intercontinental, 4 seasons, ...). The grand Hyatt offered a reasonable standing, but in the future it would always be a second choice.
The room I got was on the street side. My colleague was on the pool side. On the pool side te view is much better and less noisy.
The security control at the entrance is an Burden and somehow represents an obstacle to visitors, if you intend to meet people during a business trip.

Room Tip: Choose a pool side it is less noisy than the street side.