“business in amman” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Amman

Save Saved
You added Grand Hyatt Amman to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Amman
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hussein Bin Ali St., Jabal Amman | PO Box 831159, Amman 11183, Jordan   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Spa Package
Ranked #11 of 115 hotels in Amman
Dubai
“business in amman”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Grand hyatt amman was a nice experience for me. It is a hotel with character, where it looks like it was built at least 20 to 30 years ago, but the faclities and the service was very good. I stayed on the 5th floor which I was told it is newly refurbished and the room was also very good. The staff is generally friendly, but can be a bit more attentive.

All in all, it is a nice hotel (although I am not a fan of old hotels) but would recommend it for sure.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor and it was very good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GrandHyattAmmanHotel, Manager at Grand Hyatt Amman, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear srufaii ,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman
I was delighted to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and your kind comments are very much appreciated.

329 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was in Amman for one night and thus used my Hyatt Gold Passport points to redeem a free night. The girl at reception was so accommodating during checkin and checkout. I elected to pay an additional 50 Dinar to stay on the club floor. I don't drink and I don't eat much but I got suckered in by the free wifi and higher floor. To be fair I enjoyed the CONVENIENCE of early evening canapes - what was on offer was actually surprisingly good. And breakfast was as equally varied, attractive and fresh. The room I was given looked out on to the city of Amman. I liked that I could open the windows and get some air. The bed was big and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and opulent with the usual marble. Towels nice and fluffy. Wifi fast. The pool is lovely and I managed to swim long laps post flight. Gym looked well equipped. I was impressed by the ladies only spa area with sauna and steam room. Overall I went in completely sceptical but the Grand Hyatt Amman delivered to my high standard. My only criticism is that yes, the hotel is a wee bit worn here and there, but hardly noticeable and also my driver to the dead sea, arranged by Hertz inside the hotel, took me to a dead sea product store (I imagine he gets commission from this) - I had no desire to shop here, and he was also very pushy to have me book him for the drive to Petra. I had no desire to go to Petra either. This place is great for a quick, comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing pool. And higher up. There are 9 floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Maicha R,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman
Your feedback is of tremendous value to all of us and your evaluation will form an important part of our ongoing program to continuously monitor the quality of our services and facilities.
Looking forward to welcome you with us at Grand Hyatt Amman soon.
Bavaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Facilities are in good shape,
the building has this special atmosphere, for its limestone-construction.
I stayed on Club Level,
which made my spare - time convenient .
I enjoyed drinks and relaxed watching the sunset.

Room Tip: Executive King Size
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mac S ,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman
Looking forward to welcome you back soon
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was my third stay at the same hotel and still convinced that this is the best hotel in Amman, Jordan. Location is ideal, near all the commercial houses bu little away from the town and the city rush. Room are spacious and clean. staff arefriendly. Never miss the breakfast at Hyatt as it has great stauff and freshest juices.

Room Tip: Amman city view rooms
Dear Binshakir,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Amman, Jordan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Hotel is good but the employees are not professionals specially the receptionist, I don't recommend this hotel for travellers seeking quality stay. Plus the room was very noisy as they were doing maintenance on the floor above.

Alexandria, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a terrible hotel I regret to stay in,800$ has been stolen from my bag and I complained to the hotel management who claimed to do investigations and said there was no evidence their employees were doing so,on the check out date when room should not be done,I found my room done and money was stolen from my bag.Their response was negative and their responsiveness was extremely terrible.

I want to advice everybody to avoid this hotel and never stay there.It is the worse experience you can have tio be stolen in your room.This is the worse experience any of us can ever have.

Room Tip: This is a terrible hotel I regret to stay in,800$ has been stolen from my bag and I complained to th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

As everywhere in Jordan, it is becoming extremely expensive and overrated. The hotel location is good and after a small incident mishandled by housekeeping we've got an upgrade to executive suite and late check out, also we've got access to the executive lounge which was big disappointment. room size and facilities are good and standard, nothing to wow about but its fine. my biggest disappointment was the swimming pool. its very small, water temperature is very high and the surrounding of the pool is awful, you could see store rooms and unused furniture in the corners, also while sun bathing you can see hotel workers peeking from windows on a second floor as I think its another store or rest room for them .. the whole pool experience was very bad...the food we've ordered was extremely overpriced for nothing, tasteless and very basic food, the burger was dry and tasteless and the salad was awful. to give a credit - the hotel staff were very friendly and attentive but hotel facilities are bad!!!!

Room Tip: ask for less A/C noise room - high floor over looking old Amman not main street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GrandHyattAmmanHotel, Manager at Grand Hyatt Amman, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Arabianman,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman ,
Your feedback is of tremendous value to us all and your evaluation will form an important part of our ongoing program to continuously monitor the quality of our services and facilities.
Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the Department Heads concerned and the club olympus employees and we will work on to further improve our services. It is only through comments such as yours that we are able to monitor and improve our levels of service.
We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Amman soon when we commit to displaying the true level of service we aspire to.
Grand Hyatt Amman - Jordan

Been to Grand Hyatt Amman? Share your experiences!