“Le Royal - Great Starting Point and Landmark” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Royal Hotel Amman

You added Le Royal Hotel Amman to your Saves list
Le Royal Hotel Amman
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zahran St | 3rd Circle, Jabal Amman, Amman 11118, Jordan   |
Ranked #25 of 118 Hotels in Amman
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Le Royal - Great Starting Point and Landmark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

Great hotel. The staff was very professional and the hotel was extremely clean. The prices were excellent and not too pricey, considering we were just tourists wanting a nice place to lay our heads at night.

- Staff -
The concierge manager (his names escapes me at the moment) was EXCELLENT. He was the former concierge manager at The Meridian, I believe, and his experience as a concierge manager was very evident.

- Food -
The breakfast was simple, but delicious. The waiters were sometimes a bit hard to flag down, but they were very polite. Not one complaint about the food- we ate every morning! We ate at the sushi restaraunt which, again, I can't remember- Samurai? Ninja? Good food, but very pricey. Didn't feel authentic in the least. Ha...But it was good food.

- Rooms -
Rooms were comfortable, though I wasn't happy with the bathtub...the molding was peeling just a bit and the glass doors were odd and distracting. Overall, the room was very clean and we had an excellent view of the city.

- General -
The hotel is a great landmark at night. It has multicolored lights shooting up to highlight the buildings unique architecture and you can see it from a long way off.

- Cons? -
Just one- parking. If you rent a vehicle and have to park, it's a bit frustrating. Anyone who has been to Jordan knows that driving is frightening. The hotel is on the street and we were not allowed to pull up inside, so we had to allow the valet to get our car for us as cars were whizzing by. Scary!

Hope this helps!

• Liked — Excellent Location. Great staff.
  • Disliked — Parking/arriving at the front.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
LeRoyalAmman, Manager at Le Royal Hotel Amman, responded to this review, February 24, 2015

Warm Greetings From Le Royal Amman,

First we want to thank you for the time you spent on TripAdvisor to write your kind review and recommending our hotel.

We were delighted to know that you've enjoyed your stay Our aim is ensuring the comfort of our business travelers by offering them the highest standards of service.

Assistant Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2007

I am confused by all of the negative reviews. My husband and I checked into Le Royal after one night of bad experience at the Grand Hyatt that’s just across the street from Le Royal. We didn’t know anything about Le Royal and never heard about it before. We booked a room at Le Royal because we didn’t want to drag our luggage all over town. Well, what a wonderful stay we had there! At check-in, all guests were offered refreshing face towels. As soon as there was a line formed at the check-in counter after a few minutes, fresh complimentary orange juice and pineapple juice in tall glasses were brought out for guests. Our room was even more beautiful than the room we had at the Grand Hyatt Amman and bigger too! Food from the room service was quickly brought up and delicious! This is a very classy and beautiful hotel. I am a frequent visitor to the Ritz and the Fourseasons hotel chain. So strictly speaking, I’d not rate Le Royal 5*. However, I’d not hesitate to rate it 4* comparing to the level of Ritz or Fourseasons. Our entire experience at Le Royal Amman was flawless! We’d stay there again if we return to Amman.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
LeRoyalAmman, Manager at Le Royal Hotel Amman, responded to this review, December 6, 2014

Warm Greetings From Le Royal Amman,

We were delighted to know that you've enjoyed your stay and that we've risen up to your expectations,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2007

me and my wife stayed in Le Royal Amman for our second anniversary, since we did our wedding ceremony there,
actually i found big difference in service now and before, now it's much better, they prepare dinner table in my balcony, at the 24th floor, they response immediately to my orders, it was really good experience.
My advice: to try to get higher floor if possible, and to get good deals, since the do big discounts for the contracted agents

Stayed August 2007
LeRoyalAmman, Manager at Le Royal Hotel Amman, responded to this review, November 22, 2014
Dear Ramizone

Greeting From Le Royal Amman Hotel,

At first, we would like thank you for choosing our hotel as your preferred hotel in Amman. In addition, we were contented to learn that you've been staying with us.

In parallel, we were thrilled when learning that our services have risen up to your expectations especially that we, our aim to satisfy the needs and demands of our valuable guests.

We do hope to welcome you once again and to greet you in person during your next stay.

Yours Sincerely,

Johannesburg, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2007

Unfortunatyely all 5-star hotels were fully booked and our large group was forced to make use of this place again. Twice I had to go to reception because my card was not working - very frustrating. I requested a non-smoking room but was given a smoking room.
We stayed for 4 days and every day we experienced problems with the internet in the conference room. This could not be fixed.
Service is non-exisistant in this hotel.
Some of our clients were turned away as the staff told them our company werenot staying at the hotel.
In the dining room we were surprised to see one of the waiters/sjefs cleaning the bread crumbs from the display by blowing it away with his mouth - very hygenc.
One of our other colleagues saw one of the waiters spitting on a plate and cleaning whatever was stuck on the plate before putting with the other plates for use - totally disgusting.
All our concerns were discussed with one of the managers who promised to help us and we just need to call him.
On our last day we wanted to book a vehicle. We called the manager who promised us he will arrange everything and will get back to us within 10 minutes. An hour later we started to call around to try and get hold of thi manager but no-one knew where he was, messages were left for him to call us back but we never heard from him again.
In short. his hotel must be avoided at all cost. It was also black listed at our company and we will NEVER EVER make use of it again. Defenitely a 2-star quality hotel with no service and no management.

• Liked — Nothing At All
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Warm Greeting From Le Royal Amman,

First you want to thank you for the time spent on TripAdvisor to write your feedback.

we are sorry to hear that we didn't exceed your expectations during your stay and sure i will forward you kind words and points to our management

Springbok Bok in Saudi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2007

I travel frequently and I must admit that Le-Royale is probably the worst HOTEL in the world. This is the third time we were forced to stay in the Hotel due to the size of our group (9-People). This is just some of the complaints we all had which was not sorted and not attended:

1.We arrived were given our room cards and three people could not get their electronic card keys to work. One lady had to return to the reception three times just to hear it is a normal occurrence with card keys
2.One persons bed was not ever made when we arrive at 4pm
3.If you request room service you should do it well in advance because the chances that you will receive anything in one hour is very unlikely
4.Another person was given a room that was so full of cigar smoke that he had to complain and then they wanted to give him a minuscule room for the inconvenience
5.The showers of 5 people was not working and the shower curtain fell on one of our senior members.
6.Some people receive newspapers others not
7.We have a conference room booked for four days which was not properly cleaned after every day.
8.If someone called for your room from outside, they are informed by the operator that there was no one by this name and this not the first time

We are eight people that stayed here and I will never stay in this Hotel again, there are no service and I cannot believe that it is part of the leading Hotels in the World. I wish there was a proper standard to evaluate the service quality of a Hotel.

Stayed May 2007

UAE, SHARJAH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

I went to Amman for a medical trip, and heard from many people that the Le Royal Amman was the hotel to go to. My family went before me and I followed up with them, The check-in was smooth, Room service was efficient, rooms were beautiful with good cable Tv, unfortunatetly one horrible incident happened over there.
Im a smoker myself and I bought a carton of cigarettes from the duty-free and kept them lying beside the bed. And guys Im 110% sure I kept them there, I left to the hospital in the morning and kept a "make up room"tag ...
I was extremely shocked to find out that my cigarettes were stolen! I mean I really got disgusted and complaint to the guest relations manager and he said he will investigate the case.... Not to my surprise they denied everything.
Its a shame for a 5 star hotel to have a staff like this, Other incidents also happened to this hotel, but I will not include them because Im not fond of hearsay, but I started believeing the stories after this incident.
Now its cigarettes, imagine what will happen later...

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the staff
  • Stayed May 2005, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2007

I don't understand all the negative reviews. I've stayed here twice and both times (Nov 06 and Mar 07) I've been treated like royalty. I've also stayed at the Four Seasons, Shearton and the Crowne Plaza (see my review for the Plaza). The rooms are big and spacious with outstanding views of Amman. All the restaurants are great:
The Patio has one of the best breakfast buffets in Amman.
The Buddah Club has great food and atmosphere.
Chester has great steaks.
Now I'll admit the few shops they have are very exspensive but you other local places to shop.
The location on 3rd circle provides you plenty of places to try local cuisine close by. Give Le Royal a look. You will not be disapointed.

• Liked — The rooms and the service
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
LeRoyalAmman, Manager at Le Royal Hotel Amman, responded to this review, December 8, 2014

Assistant Revenue Manager

Been to Le Royal Hotel Amman? Share your experiences!