“A very decent hotel but a lot of facilities were closed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Amman

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Amman to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Amman
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al-Kindi Street, 5th Circle | Jabal Amman, Amman 11181, Jordan   |
Ranked #1 of 115 hotels in Amman
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A very decent hotel but a lot of facilities were closed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I stayed here as part of a tour of Jordan. The room was well appointed and the hotel and staff were all excellent. However, either because it was Ramadan and hence the off season for the hotel half the facilities were shut for religious or rennovation reasons. I never enquired too deeply as to which.

My other gripe was if the hotel called a cab for me it was always a nice Mercedes, but it was twice the price of a normal cab, painted the same colour. The money is relatively inconsequential to me, but I still felt like I was being a bit ripped off just because I could afford to stay at the hotel. I may have cash, but I'm not a mug.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Patrick B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Frewba,

Greetings from Four Seasons Amman. Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time of your busy schedule to give us your comments and constructive feedback.

You came to Jordan at a good time of the year since the weather is beautiful in July. However, due the fact that Ramadan leads to slow occupancy at our property, we take advantage of that time to do some renovations to our outlets, that's why some of them were temporarily closed. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

As for the taxi service, Four Seasons Amman has 10 fleet of yellow Mercedes taxis that are exclusive to the Hotel, and do not stop for passengers on the streets. We rely on this fleet of taxis to ensure the comfort and safety of our guests. We generally do not recommend an alternative because we don't have control over street taxis with regards to the security of our guests. I hope this make things a little bit clearer.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that this experience will not discourage you from staying with us in the near future. Please feel free to contact me on my e-mail below if you'd like to discuss this further.

Yours sincerely,
E-mail: patrick.beaury@fourseasons.com

469 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Arabic first
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Everything about this hotel was excellent from the service to the room, to the comfort of the bed. Absolutely great place to stay while in Amman. I have zero complaints or criticisms - thank you for an excellent stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Patrick B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear KOtravel2013,

I am extremely thrilled to hear that you had an excellent stay at our Property. Your happiness, comfort and privacy are our top priorities. We would like say thank you for being such a valuable guest. We are happy to serve you any and everyday. Looking forward to welcoming you back again. Please consider Four Seasons Amman to be your home away from home.

Wilmington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was the second time I stayed in this Four Seasons. Like other Four Seasons, it was a great stay. Great service, food, nice size rooms. Breakfast buffet could have more selections, but it was tasty. Nice spa and pool.

Dear ILM34,

Greetings from Four Seasons Amman. I’m very happy to hear that your review is based on your second visit with us :) I'm glad you had a great stay as you do at other Four Seasons properties around the world. Our goal is to serve you in any way possible to ensure your comfort, privacy and happiness all at the same time.

I look forward to welcoming you back again for your third stay with us.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

stay here for 5 nights in June 14. Room was excellent and plenty of space. breakfast was tasty but a bit limited for my liking. alcohol was very expensive. Pool was in a great location and got sun all day

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Patrick B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Garfed,

Greetings from Four Seasons Amman and thank you for your kind review of our Property. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your 5 nights with us in June. The weather is beautiful in Amman around that time so i'm glad you got to enjoy the outdoor pool and soaked in some Jordanian sun. I apologize for any convenience caused with regards to food variety at breakfast and the price of the alcohol. I hope you will come back and visit us again. And please always consider our Property your home away from home.

Tiburon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived exhausted and were greeted by Mohsen; he quickly checked us in and asked if we would take a smoking room rather than non-smoking due to the view. We hesitated and he said let's check it out and if it smells smoky we can put you in another room. The room was perfect - absolutely no hint of smoke and the view was lovely. The bath amenities are L'Occitane products; the robes are soft and plush, the bed comfy and there is plenty of closet space. We received a knock on the door that brought us a lovely tray of enticing sweets. Dinner in the Italian restaurant wasn't quite what we expected - the service was nice except that as I ordered two appetizers, scallops for an entrée, I received them at the same time. The waiter offered to take the scallops back but I didn't want them to get cold. They were cold by the time I got to the end, but cooked perfectly. I mentioned to the waiter that they were cold and he apologized profusely and offered to make me another order (I refused). We had gotten back to the room to watch soccer and heard loud singing outside our window. There was a wedding taking place on the stairs under our window and the guests were singing to the bride and groom - what a lovely experience! While watching the wedding and the game the phone rang; it was the chef inquiring about my dinner! He was very sorry it was not to my satisfaction and asked if we were watching soccer: I said yes and he told me he was sending up a tray of after dinner treats. It was marvelous! . We weren't able to checkout the spa or gym but as the hotel is so beautiful I am sure it was lovely. I cannot recommend the hotel enough, not just for the cleanliness, amenities, comfortableness but we did not have better service anywhere else on our trip. It is worth the stay!

Room Tip: We faced east on a top floor. It was nice to wake up with the city view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear KikiK1025,

What a wonderful review! My eyes enjoyed reading every bit of it, so thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed the room with the view-- Amman is a beautiful city to have surrounding your hotel so Mohsen gave you a good recommendation. I'm also happy to hear that despite the fact that it was a smoking room, it wasn't smoky, and you were able to have a comfortable stay in your room.

I'm sorry about the mis-communication you experienced at Vivace. But it seems our staff members did a good job of making it up to you-- this is Four Seasons standards. Providing our guests with the best service possible is what makes us stand out, so thank you for noticing.

Next time you visit Amman and stay with us, maybe you'll have time to check out The Spa and try one of our treatments-- they are fantastic.

Again, thank you recommending Four Seasons Amman for cleanliness, amenities, comfortableness and the best service you received on your trip. We will go out of our way for valuable guests such as your kind selves.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having stayed in this property several times, would rate this the best when i compare it to any other stay in Amman. Extremely well mannered and courteous staff, room impeccably clean, breafast and staff awesome, a stay that will be memorable....

Room Tip: its a good choice....
Dear Prakash V,

Greetings from Four Seasons Amman!

I would like to start off by thanking you for the positive review of our property. You are a valuable guest who has stayed with us on more than one occasion and receiving feedback from you is exactly what we need to continue to improve and provide our guests with the best experience possible.

Thank you for deeming us the best hotel in Amman. I'm happy to hear that you liked your room, the breakfast at Olea, and that in general your stay was memorable. It puts a smile on all our faces.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very courteous staff, comfortable and clean rooms, undisturbed and peaceful stay. Overall, highly recommended. The service was nice and the best part was that there were no unsolicited interventions and complete privacy was accorded.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Patrick B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Pravin M,

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Amman. Thank you so much for your positive review-- we all appreciate such nice words from a valuable guest.

One of the main values of a Four Seasons property is to ensure the privacy and comfort of all its guests. I'm very happy to hear that you had a pleasant and undisturbed stay with us and that you were content with our staff and your room. Reading such reviews puts a smile on all our faces. So thank you again.

Hotel Manager

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Amman? Share your experiences!