“Great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Amman

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Amman to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Amman
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al-Kindi Street, 5th Circle | Jabal Amman, Amman 11181, Jordan   |
Ranked #1 of 115 hotels in Amman
Surrey, UK
“Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was just a very quick two night stay while I was working briefly in Amman. The hotel was great - a large and superbly comfortable room, with separate bath and shower which is always good, brilliant staff, and a good breakfast.

468 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Arabic first
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The room did not have a coffee maker, something is available in all the hotel rooms all over the world, the room was average didnt not meet the expectations of over $300/night. The restaurant where we had our breaksfast was very average, and they charged $80 for two people thinking they are a las vegas buffet, total disappointment. The condition of the hotel needs some renovating, I am not sure how this is a 4 seasons hotel. What is the hype about it? best in Jordan? I dont think so, If you live in the US, and visit this hotel, it is more like a holiday Inn level, so do yourself a favor and go elsewhere! Will defintely not come back and will tell relatives, friends and family to go elsewhere!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Patrick B, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Sweet412
We are disappointed to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. We would like to offer our apologies for the missteps you encountered at our Hotel, as this is not the level of service we are known for providing. I have tried contacting you via email to discuss this matter with you. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Again, please accept our apologies.
Ramallah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We spent five nights at the Four Seasons this month.
We came to Jordan in special delegation and to do tourism, visiting Jarash, Dead Sea and Petra,. We were extremely pleased with the Four Seasons. The rooms were lovely and the employees were really helpful, especially Wesam at Room Service. The breakfast was diversified which gives you very healthy options. I can smoke at lobby which is good thing also i don't to have to go out to have my cigarate.
Considered as the most nice one in Amman. and i thing its true :)
I recommend it if you visiting Jordan for the first time or even regularly!

Abuja, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

From the moment we checked in at the Four Seasons in Amman, we were welcomed by the staff and treated like royalty.

The hotel feels very secure with robust yet polite and noninvasive security. Check in was prompt and the staff were very polite and professional.

The room was as expected, clean, well furnished and well appointed. Maintenance in the room was fantastic and the bed was so comfy.

The breakfast was very good, and the selection was good. The only thing i would say is that i would prefer a bit more variety, the selection was very similar every day, and although there was still a lot to choose from, it could get a bit boring if staying for a longer time.

The pool(s) and spa were first class, and both my wife and I had a lovely time using the hotels facilities.

All in all, the four seasons Amman offered us luxury and comfort. 5 star!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Patrick B, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Grant_Vera
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Amman. We are always delighted to hear from a happy guest- your kind words are much appreciated. Also very happy to hear that you enjoyed the spa and the facilities. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Sincerely
Patrick Beauty
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We spent three nights at the Four Seasons this week. We came to Jordan expressly to visit Petra, as an add on to a business trip to Israel. We were extremely pleased with the Four Seasons. The rooms were lovely and the employees were really helpful, especially Khalid at breakfast. One issue we had was that the food at the Square bar was pretty dry and tasteless (we had the burger sliders and the lamb wrap). I did leave a note on the comment card about it, and they followed-up with me on it. Also, don't drink the Jordanian wine at that same bar, even if the bartender says it is fine. It is not. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick B, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Frankieboodog
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Amman. I would like to start by thanking you for your time in sharing your recent experience at the hotel. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time and that your stay with us was pleasant. We will certainly pass on your comment to our Food and Beverage Director, and we apologize in regards to the good not being up to our usual standards. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind Regards
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed at the Four Seasons Amman twice before and it is by far one of the best hotels in the world. Incredibly friendly staff and most comfortable rooms. Restaurants and bar visited during this trip were fantastic, great food and courteous service. Internet was down briefly and front desk called to apologize and again, when checking out they stated their regret that this had happened. Despite the fact that the outage was brief, hotel staff acknowledging this flaw, reflected excellent management and training of staff. Cannot think of anything negative about the stay. Well-done!

Room Tip: Higher levels have breath-taking views o the city.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Hotel Amman. We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed your visit. Your kind words are much appreciated, in particular the ones about our employees and our service. We are always pleased to hear from a happy guest and we look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I do not normally post reviews or pay attention to sites specifically dedicated to them as too often I find them the refuge of malcontents. This review is posted with that in mind.

The Four Seasons Amman is nothing short of excellent and for the record I was paying approximately $400 USDs a night when taxes were included. It was worth every penny.

All the staff were extremely courteous, polite and genuinely keen to ensure you had a great stay. To which I even wrote a personal email to the Hotel thanking them for the way myself, my girlfriend and my mother were treated.

I had previously stayed amongst other at the Four Seasons Nile Plaza (Cairo) which has been voted the best Hotel in the entire middle east so was expecting a slight dip in service. Absolutely not!

My compliments to the GM - this Hotel was as good.

But that is my experience with any Four Seasons I have visited - they do not change regardless of country and are the best, period.

To counteract some other reviews posted that cite various other hotel chains;
I have stayed (amongst other) at the much vaunted Raffles (Singapore), The Eastern and Oriental (Penang), The Strand (Rangoon) and The Oriental (Bangkok) and I would take a Four Seasons hotel over everyone of them, every day. Whereby the service at some of these hotels is feted, I find it obsequious - where as the Four Season conversely gets it 'just right' every time.

I could go on about various facets of our experience at the Four Season Amman, but it would just be boring as all were excellent. I even signed a blank comment card to this extent and when the Four Season staff looked a little confused - I just instructed him to tick 'excellent' on every box!

I will however provide one illustration of their level of service; attention to detail; and genuine care to ensure your stay is made as pleasurable as possible:

Example: at breakfast one morning I enquired for the evening if any of their bars or restaurants served Guinness.

First Response - 'One moment Sir. Please let me check for you.'
Second Response (2 minutes later) - 'Unfortunately Sir I do not think we do but we have found a place that does for you.'
Third response (2 minutes later) 'Sir apologies for disturbing you - that last piece of information my colleague provided you with was incorrect, we are 95% sure our Quarter Bar serves it. We are checking for you now.'
Fourth response (again 2 minutes later) 'Sir apologies again for disturbing you, we are now 99% sure we have this product, however please rest assured that if we do not, we will find it and procure it for you and it will be available for you on your return this evening.'

Such effort for one simple question ! But therein lies the rub; have you ever noticed how Four Seasons staff never say no ?

Also that you are not provided with a personal butler as you are with the previously mentioned hotels. It is because every staff member is expected to be your butler!

Yet still people complain.

To which; It would be disingenuous to state that everything was perfect and that there were not minor things that irked our party. However I refuse to articulate those things here, for the overall excellent level of service meant those minor irks were just that. Moreover we relayed our feedback directly to the Hotel on as such and know they will use it as a way to improve.

All in all therefore I would proffer as follows;

If you can afford it, stay at the Four Season Amman - I find it inconceivable it is not the best Hotel in Jordan by far.

If you cannot then find something more commensurate with your budget and don't come on here and whine about it as no Hotel stay is absolutely perfect - though this, for our party was very close.

My thanks once again to the GM and his team.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Patrick B, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Mr. RobbieEastwood
It is truly a pleasure to read your great review - thank you for taking the time to post it. We are delighted to learn that your stay was an enjoyable one and that we were able to exceed your expectations with the level of service offered by our staff as well as our different facilities. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team, as there is no better motivation than praise for a "job well done". Thank you again for the email that you sent - we strive for excellence and are very thankful that it has paid off. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Hotel Manager

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Amman? Share your experiences!