“Perfection!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Amman

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Amman to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Amman
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al-Kindi Street, 5th Circle | Jabal Amman, Amman 11181, Jordan   |
Ranked #1 of 115 hotels in Amman
USA
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed at the Four Seasons Amman twice before and it is by far one of the best hotels in the world. Incredibly friendly staff and most comfortable rooms. Restaurants and bar visited during this trip were fantastic, great food and courteous service. Internet was down briefly and front desk called to apologize and again, when checking out they stated their regret that this had happened. Despite the fact that the outage was brief, hotel staff acknowledging this flaw, reflected excellent management and training of staff. Cannot think of anything negative about the stay. Well-done!

Room Tip: Higher levels have breath-taking views o the city.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Patrick B, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Hotel Amman. We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed your visit. Your kind words are much appreciated, in particular the ones about our employees and our service. We are always pleased to hear from a happy guest and we look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

477 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I do not normally post reviews or pay attention to sites specifically dedicated to them as too often I find them the refuge of malcontents. This review is posted with that in mind.

The Four Seasons Amman is nothing short of excellent and for the record I was paying approximately $400 USDs a night when taxes were included. It was worth every penny.

All the staff were extremely courteous, polite and genuinely keen to ensure you had a great stay. To which I even wrote a personal email to the Hotel thanking them for the way myself, my girlfriend and my mother were treated.

I had previously stayed amongst other at the Four Seasons Nile Plaza (Cairo) which has been voted the best Hotel in the entire middle east so was expecting a slight dip in service. Absolutely not!

My compliments to the GM - this Hotel was as good.

But that is my experience with any Four Seasons I have visited - they do not change regardless of country and are the best, period.

To counteract some other reviews posted that cite various other hotel chains;
I have stayed (amongst other) at the much vaunted Raffles (Singapore), The Eastern and Oriental (Penang), The Strand (Rangoon) and The Oriental (Bangkok) and I would take a Four Seasons hotel over everyone of them, every day. Whereby the service at some of these hotels is feted, I find it obsequious - where as the Four Season conversely gets it 'just right' every time.

I could go on about various facets of our experience at the Four Season Amman, but it would just be boring as all were excellent. I even signed a blank comment card to this extent and when the Four Season staff looked a little confused - I just instructed him to tick 'excellent' on every box!

I will however provide one illustration of their level of service; attention to detail; and genuine care to ensure your stay is made as pleasurable as possible:

Example: at breakfast one morning I enquired for the evening if any of their bars or restaurants served Guinness.

First Response - 'One moment Sir. Please let me check for you.'
Second Response (2 minutes later) - 'Unfortunately Sir I do not think we do but we have found a place that does for you.'
Third response (2 minutes later) 'Sir apologies for disturbing you - that last piece of information my colleague provided you with was incorrect, we are 95% sure our Quarter Bar serves it. We are checking for you now.'
Fourth response (again 2 minutes later) 'Sir apologies again for disturbing you, we are now 99% sure we have this product, however please rest assured that if we do not, we will find it and procure it for you and it will be available for you on your return this evening.'

Such effort for one simple question ! But therein lies the rub; have you ever noticed how Four Seasons staff never say no ?

Also that you are not provided with a personal butler as you are with the previously mentioned hotels. It is because every staff member is expected to be your butler!

Yet still people complain.

To which; It would be disingenuous to state that everything was perfect and that there were not minor things that irked our party. However I refuse to articulate those things here, for the overall excellent level of service meant those minor irks were just that. Moreover we relayed our feedback directly to the Hotel on as such and know they will use it as a way to improve.

All in all therefore I would proffer as follows;

If you can afford it, stay at the Four Season Amman - I find it inconceivable it is not the best Hotel in Jordan by far.

If you cannot then find something more commensurate with your budget and don't come on here and whine about it as no Hotel stay is absolutely perfect - though this, for our party was very close.

My thanks once again to the GM and his team.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Patrick B, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Mr. RobbieEastwood
It is truly a pleasure to read your great review - thank you for taking the time to post it. We are delighted to learn that your stay was an enjoyable one and that we were able to exceed your expectations with the level of service offered by our staff as well as our different facilities. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team, as there is no better motivation than praise for a "job well done". Thank you again for the email that you sent - we strive for excellence and are very thankful that it has paid off. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying at the Four Seasons on a recent journey to Jordan. It's a sophisticated yet warm and inviting establishment. From the moment I arrived up until my departure, I was made to feel very welcomed and my every need catered to.

Upon pulling up at the hotel, the bellhops helped with my luggage while I was shown to reception. The lobby is beautifully designed with an opulent yet serene centerpiece representing the Four Seasons brand. It's an open, airy space with several lounges where you can grab a drink or have some tea or coffee, leaf through a magazine and simply hang out.

Check in was smooth and quick -- the attendant taking his time to explain all the features of the hotel after which I was directed to the elevators to ascend to my room where my luggage already awaited me. The room, a Superior, was quite spacious and came with a double bed and a slew of entertainment options at one's finger tips. Note: internet access at an addnl. charge. My view faced the front of the hotel, overlooking the uniquely enchanting city of Amman. Other amenities expected of a hotel this caliber were present, including daily turndown service, mini bar, on-demand coffee/tea service and an oversized bath (tub and shower) with designer toiletries by L'Occitane en Provence.

Dining options are plentiful including two onsite restaurants - one with pan Asian selections and the other focusing on Italian specialties. Nibbles can also be had in some of the other facilities on the establishment, including sophisticated The Square Bar - where the bar tenders are friendly and whip-up irresistible cocktails or pour healthy helpings of one of Jordan's many smooth wines.

It was a delightful stay. I'd love to return someday. Treat yourself. You'd be happy you did.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed at the Four Seasons for 4 weeks in Nov 2012 for a consulting assignment and can honestly say in 20 years and over 40 countries of travel (work and pleasure), that the Four Seasons Amman ranks amongst the best places I have ever stayed. The staff goes above and beyond duty. For instance, they have a swuash court and when I asked about potential partners to play with while there, they called all their members and lined up partners for me (I did not request this, but 8 individuals arrived to play with me as a result). When I badly injured my foot playing squash a week later, the entire staff - from the gym, to reception, to the hotel doctor, to the restaurant staff - called to check in, brought me ice regularly and again without me asking for it and offered any and all other assistance they could to make my stay and continued work needs easier. The hotel gave us a printer and other office staples (at no charge) to assist us in our work. Beyond that, it is a beautiful hotel, the food wonderful and the city and country a joy to visit. I can;t not rate it highly enough.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mrs. Jennifer
First off, allow me to thank you for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Hotel Amman. We are delighted to learn that we were able to exceed your expectation during your recent stay at our Hotel. We are always delighted to hear from a happy guest and your kind words are much appreciated. We have shared your most kind comments with the rest of the team, as there is no better motivation than praise for a "job well done. We hope that your foot is doing better now! Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.
Napa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The family visited Jordan to see the ruins. We stayed at the Four Season Hotel in Amman. It was understated elegance. The room was spacious, large bathroom, and plenty of closet space. The Four Season’s Hotel graciously accommodated our request of three people in a room without a hesitation. The Arab buffet was outstanding. The family enjoyed tasting all the customary dishes. The staff was upbeat, accommodating, and welcoming. I was very impressed by the staff’s love for the country. The hotel has corridor of shopping. One store had wonderful antique tribal arts. The Hotel art was impressive, and the flowers everywhere were breathtaking. The City was safe. We came back twice at the beginning of the trip and at the end of our trip. Overall, the Hotel was gracious and welcoming. We never felt like strangers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Patrick B, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time and that your stay with us was pleasant. Your kind words are much appreciated, in particular the ones about our employees and our service; we will make sure to pass on your praise and comments to the related teams. We are also very happy to hear that you enjoyed the variety of our food and that you enjoyed the shops located in The Arcade. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Beautiful room, beautiful view, excellent service. All the staff were really well mannered, pleasant and helpful. We had breakfast, which was a large, well stocked and varied buffet, with interesting juices. very tasty salmon eggs benedict. we had drinks one night, and enjoyed the snacks that went with the drinks: tasty olives, unusual chips, etc.
the workout room was large and airy, with lots of equipment, and the pool a beautiful indoor-outdoor combination.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We are delighted to learn that we were able to exceed your expectation during your recent stay at our Hotel. We have shared your most kind comments with the rest of the team, as there is no better motivation than praise for a "job well done". Also very glad to hear that you enjoyed your Salmon Eggs Benedict and the bar refreshments. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed in the Four Seasons for 2 days ,The service was excellent and everyone was friendly,The room and bathroom super clean, is very close to the city and equi-distant to sights such as jerash I would recommend renting a yellow taxi from the hotel to take you to the dead sea Highly recommend this Four Seasons for the high standard and well-appointed rooms. and food in the breakfast buffet as well as the room service was very good,The front desk staff was also very efficient and quick to respond to requests

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Amman? Share your experiences!