“2nd stay, not my favorite” 3 of 5 stars

Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5th Circle, Amman 11184, Jordan   |
Ranked #3 of 115 hotels in Amman
Fort Collins, Colorado
“2nd stay, not my favorite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I very rarely give a negative review. In fact, I haven't until now on TA. Don't get me wrong, the Sheraton here is just fine for your business travel and the event staff are incredible. The internet is only free for the first 4 hours and you are then charged. I also had quite an argument with the bell captain about where I wanted to go. I argued with him for a while, he told me it would take 10 minutes to find a cab, and I found this odd. I have very limited arabic, and was without a native speaker tonight. We got in a cab and were told it would be 10JD for an hour. We argued and said we only needed a ride to where we wanted to go. The bell captain assured me where I was going was shut and he had a place. We were taken to a special shop that is friends with both our bell captain and our driver with ridiculously over priced souvenirs, that was opened just for us, as the cab driver coordinating our arrival. We walked in and walked back out. We then asked to go to the market - same market I asked for in the first place and was told it was closed. He took us to another shopping district that was commercial stores and we left him there.

I've seen the night life in Amman, and been downtown at night, this was not down time. I highly recommend the amphitheater and the area around. I'm very disappointed in the staff tonight. I don't normally stay at Sheraton hotels, and this one is fine - perhaps just one bad experience. I felt taken advantage of as a traveler and by the staff of the hotel, not impressed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Katie M,
Thank you for your time spent in writing about your experience with us on the Trip Advisor. We are glad to read that the event staff was incredible and that our hotel is fine for business travel.
Your feedback about the door man had it been regarding the misunderstanding or the delay in getting you a cab for 10 minutes at 10:00 pm is understandable and appreciated. I have discussed it with the Head Concierge and have had all details around it. Of course, there was a learning opportunity out of it and we thank you for highlighting it in your review.
All of us are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Riyadh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

One of the nicest hotels I stayed in. The service was great, the rooms very clean, the facilities fantastic, probably the best hotel in Jordan. An oasis in the middle of Amman worth seeing. We had a family club room, a good value for the money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear RiyadhGeorge,

Thank you for your review that is one of the nicest reviews posted on the Trip Advisor. Your warm and beautiful description of our rooms and services has made our day.

All of us are waiting for your next stays with us… please don’t be late!

Warm Regards,

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

First and foremost - I liked it. I was staying here for work and there was a large group of us, but their check in was incredibly easy...sometimes it seems with these big groups, it's hard for things to move quickly, but the management had the foresight to see this would be a big group, and there were probably 7 or 8 people there at the reception desk to move us quickly...as one of the previous writers mentioned, the service was fantastic - period. I can't tell you how much this expediency was relief for tired travelers. Furthermore, just about every employee I came across was friendly and helpful with anything I needed - from finding postcards to hailing a taxi. Taxis are easy to get and should be able to move you to most places for under 5 JD. We also got a driver to take us around to places like the Dead Sea and Mt. Nebo for about 90 JD split amongst 3 of us...an absolute steal for a day.

As for the room, clean and spacious and a nice view of Amman. I'm guessing this hotel has been around for a few years, but it's hard to tell...my room was clean and my bed was incredibly comfortable, and the blackout curtains made sleeping easy.

I typically choose Marriott hotels for work because of my rewards with them, and my points aren't as high with Sheraton's, but I won't complain at all for my stay here and would be happy to stay here again if I'm back in Amman

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear R W,
First and foremost, allow me to express my great appreciation to your precious time spent in writing about your great and outstanding experience with us on Trip Advisor.
Thank you is not enough to express our appreciation, but I can tell you that your review will be shared with all our staff and it will be posted in all departments for us to remember and to continue our services journey in the same manner and with the same excitement and professionalism.
We are extremely happy that we exceeded your group’s arrival expectations, as tired travelers, and that you were happy with our rooms’ conditions and cleanliness, not to mention the professionalism of our Concierge services.
Hence you mentioned that you would be happy to stay here again, I can assure you that we will be happier serving you again and again and again.
Please come back soon, we are waiting for you.
Warm Regards,
United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here for four nights, and was constantly impressed by the level of service displayed by staff. The Sheraton appears to have implemented some very effective training programs. My room was well designed and comfortable. The Spice Garden restaurant serves excellent food (mansaf every lunch and dinner is a real treat!), and the location is really excellent. Staff go out of their way to be pleasant and helpful, and the health club is well equipped with modern facilities. Great experience altogether.

• Stayed March 2013
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear steveinuae,

Wow… Thank you very much for your fantastic review posted on the Trip Advisor. We are very happy to read about your satisfaction with our rooms and our F&B facilities not to mention the Health Club.

Our staff is extremely happy reading your positive feedback about them being pleasant and helpful. Allow me to say Thank You on their behalf.

We are waiting for your next stay with us in the near future

Best Regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed at the Sheraton Amman several times on business and on each occasion I have always had a good stay and have been well looked after by the staff. On arrival this time in the early morning after a check in by phone in the car on the way from the airport I was greeted with all the completed administration and allocated a superior business room as a gold card holder. The room was large with the huge Sheraton comfy bed and plenty of space and storage areas. The bathroom was a good size with bath/shower, separate walk-in shower and toilet. There was a flat screen TV with a choice of English language channels available. My stay was short so I didn't get the chance to use the fitness services or spa, but in the past they had been very good. Good WiFi Internet was available at no charge at least to me! The business lounge on the ground floor was a decent haven, but smoking appeared to be generally tolerated in the part with all the comfy seats. A limited continental buffet breakfast was available in the lounge, but for anything cooked you had to eat at the restaurant which was a nuisance and defeats he object a little, however, the restaurant had been extensively refurbished since my last visit and now perhaps in my opinion not as good although there was more room. During the evening the lounge provided a selection of soft and alcoholic drinks and snacks.

The location is great for my business requirements, but there is not too much around the hotel location so you need to take a taxi.

Overall, the hotel does it for me and provides all I need while in Amman with pleasant and helpful staff so I will continue to use the Sheraton despite some good alternatives close by and I would recommend the hotel to others.

Room Tip: Business rooms are very good
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Hudson0605,

Thank you for your time spent in writing about your experience with us on the Trip Advisor and for your support and loyalty to the Sheraton Amman.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are very glad to hear that whenever you are back to Amman, we will still be your first choice no matter what!

All of us will be waiting for your next stay with us soon.

Thanks again.

Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Location: About 15-20 minutes from downtown Amman. Some restaurants a short walk away. taxi to downtown where the Citadel and Amphitheatre are should not cost you more than 5JD. If you do by the meter, should be around 3JD. Easy to flad down taxis from the main road.

Room: Some cleaning issues such as old soap scum on the soap holder next to the bidet, and water spots on the brass fittings. Traditional style room that looks like it was renovated 2005 so getting a bit tired. Windows covered with old rain/dust spots. Amenities ok. The brand of shampoo/soap etc is "Shine"... probably a brand of the hotel.
Windows not sound proofed.

Staff: Whatever the hotel was lacking in, was made up by the warmness of the staff, especially in the restaurant "Spice". I think that's what it's called.
The exception is the gym receptionist (male), chewing gum and looking very uninterested.

Gym: Really good equiptment. Enough to have a proper workout.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear CallumZW
Thank you for your time spent in writing about your experience with us on the Trip Advisor. Your beautiful comment about the warmness of the staff is highly appreciated. Moreover, your sharp feedback was immediately shared with the concerned HOD’s for possible development and enhancement.
We hope you will come back again, our staff is eager to serve you again and again…
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton for work recently and ending up there for the weekend with some down time. Overall, the facility is great and the staff were very helpful.

The great fitness services were top notch, although it was too cold to swim outside. I think it is a model for other high star hotels in the Middle East. Plus, it was free.

Paying for wireless internet is unacceptable but a necessary evil. They did have free computers in the lobby.

The worst was the dinner buffet at the Spice Garden. While the breakfast was nice, the quality of the dinner food was terrible. Plus, the sticker shock of the dinner bill will have you wondering why you didn't venture out for dinner.

The location is ok, nothing special, and really other than a few fast food joints, there is nothing to walk to. In that way, it is a typical hotel on an island. It is a gilded cage though and so I doubt you will mind.

Room Tip: Stay away from the buffett for dinner.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear spicy_rev
Thank you very much for your time spent in writing about your experience with us at the Trip Advisor. We are grateful for your nice comments about our staff helpfulness, our great fitness services and our nice breakfast. Your note about dinner is appreciated and we will look into it that is a promise.

Please come back soon to enjoy the newly launched free Internet in all guestrooms and not only at the Link@Sheraton in the lobby!

Director of Guest Services

Been to Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel? Share your experiences!