“Good standard Sheraton hotel and service” 4 of 5 stars

Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5th Circle, Amman 11184, Jordan   |
Ranked #3 of 115 hotels in Amman
Australia
“Good standard Sheraton hotel and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Company decision to put me in the Sheraton.Have been in many Sheratons in the past and this is no diffrrent. Good standards, big rooms (comfy beds), nice staff who are alwas friendly and helful

Stayed in the club room so had access to the club room which could be improved in terms of size and offering - but it was quiet and there were snacks available just it did not 'feel' like a club room

Extensive breakfast in the main restaurant and a good buffet in the evening

Enjoyed my stay and would stay again. The hotel is a good example of the Sheraton standards - businesslike, freindly,quality and helpful

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear BenDaniels
Thank you for writing about your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are glad that your company booked you with us and we are also glad that you enjoyed your stay by describing us as businesslike, friendly, quality and helpful. This means a lot to us.
We hope to see you again soon.

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed three nights in the Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel & Towers. The staff was very friendly and helpful during our check-in. They were able to answer all our questions and readjust our reservation since we were leaving one night early. The rooms are standard for what you would find in the US. Wireless internet is available in your room for a price, but there are plenty of computers in the lobby that allow you to use the internet for free (limited to 45 minutes per day). We found this adequate since we were only checking emails once or twice a day. The staff does try to upsell you on the rooms to a rate that includes their breakfast buffet ($19/person). We aren't big breakfast people so opted to eat in the lounge which had breakfast with more food than we could eat for about half that. The location of this hotel isn't optimal if you want to go to downtown and see the sights, but taxis are very cheap. Overall we had a very nice stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Hawaii_Explorer,
Thank you very much for your time spent in writing about your three nights experience with us on Trip Advisor. All of us including the Front Desk are very happy to read your positive comment about your check in experience, the free internet at the link@sheraton in the lobby, and the yummy tempting breakfast at the Lounge.
We hope you will come back again in the very near future.
Thanks again.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed one night in Sheraton Al Nabil in Amman, first challenge was to find this hotel. Unfortunately it is at the wrong place in google maps. So, don't trust google maps when you are on your own.
Once arrived in the hotel you get a nice welcome from very friendly staff. check-in is smooth and easy, the rooms (standard room) and the furnishings unfortunately are already very old. Bed and covers are very nice and comfy, all in all it is very clean. The bathroom is small, nothing exiting. Apart from the traffic outside at night, it is silent and you can have a good sleep.
The pool and pool area looks nice and clean, the gym is very good. Good equipment which ensures a good workout.
Staff in general very friendly and helpful, I couldn't test the food or breakfast. Overall I would rate this hotel as a low 5star, maybe a good 4star. Knowing that Jordan is expensive, I still think this could be better, especially the room quality and furnishings.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Homer J,

Thank you for your time spent in writing about us on the Trip Advisor. We are happy to know that our staff friendliness and helpfulness made a difference in your stay. Having that said, our staff are waiting for your next stay to extend the same consistent services to you, so please come back soon.
Thanks again,
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed in Sheraton for couple of nights while on business trip and the location is very convenient, especially considering the traffic in Amman.

The rooms are clean and bright. The bed quiet comfortable and i had access to the lounge with free snacks and drinks.

The health club is very nice with a weight and a cardio section. There are 2 pools: in and outdoors. Also, a steam and sauna.

Overall, a good experience and good VFM

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear MrFrequentTraveler

Thank you thank you, thank you!

We are very glad to read how happy you were with our location, our clean and comfortable room, our Cub Lounge, and of course our Heath Club with its provided relaxing facilities.
We hope you will stay with us again soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was my second stay at the Sheraton Nabil Towers, and once again I wasn't disappointed. The hotel houses excellent facilities all round, and the staff are always cheery, welcoming and warm. It's rare that you offer a tip to someone who has just brought you a bucket of ice, who politely turns it down on the basis that 'it's their duty'! Once again I stayed in a Tower room, and whilst I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get view overlooking the 5th circle and the exhilarating Amman skyline, the balcony overlooking the rear of the hotel made up for it. Whilst the room was spacious and the bed very comfortable, it is getting on a bit and would soon require a refurbishment. If I had a complaint, it would be true of all hotels in Amman, and that would be the fuzzy and incoherent 'No Smoking' policy. The Lounge which I had access to had no clear smoking policy and therefore had guests puffing away at cigars and cigarettes making staying in the delightful venue, quite unbearable. Once again, I realise this would be true in all Amman hotels, which is a shame and needs to be seriously addressed. A pleasant stay nonetheless and an experience I have every intention of repeating next time I'm in Amman.

Room Tip: A high floor room overlooking downtown Amman (i.e. the 5th Circle) is always worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear AOA68,

Thank you very much for your kind review posted on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your second stay with us; your beautiful description of our team members has cheered us up, same as for your comment about the spacious room and its comfortable bed. Your comment about smoking policy is appreciated rather understandable.
All of us are waiting for your third stay, please come back soon!
Lautoka, Fiji
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here for two nights at the end of October as down-time on the way home from a fairly arduous business trip. This was my first visit to Jordan and, while the hotel is an average Sheraton physically, I was blown away by the levels of customer service.

My flight arrived at 6 in the morning so, as a Platinum SPG, I booked using My24 and had a confirmed reservation from 0800. At my request, the hotel arranged a car from the airport (using Hertz) and I was impressed that the Duty Manager called me in the car to check that everything was ok and to confirm that my room was ready. He then met me at the entrance and completed the checkin in a junior suite (courtesy of the Platinum upgrade).

The suite was pretty average but did have a superb corner terrace as well as a small balcony. The public areas were clean and attractive with a most pleasant outdoor terrace to have breakfast on if one chose not to use the club lounge. My big gripe would be that the insidious presence of smokers was everywhere and I was not aware of any non-smoking areas other than specified bedrooms. Another, smaller, moan would be that the club lounge is too focussed on tables for meals rather than comfortable seating.

My rating of 'excellent' was based, in part, on the cleanliness and layout of the hotel but the decisive factor was the level of customer service. From the in-car call from the duty manager to the fact that every single member of staff that I encountered knew my name within the first twelve hours. I mentioned that I had appreciated the Arabic sweets that had been delivered but had been unable to eat them as I am attempting to diet and, within a few hours, they had been replaced by a second fruit basket. All too often, evening turndown is offered at a ludicrously early time but here it happened each evening while I was at dinner - perfect! If I had to single out one member of staff, it would be Basher (IRD) who was helpful and unfailingly polite.

I cannot recall another Starwood hotel in the past couple of years that has offered me this level of dedicated attention and, for me, it ranks globally in my top five hotels. Should I be back in Amman, I cannot imagine anywhere else that I would stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear SPGglobal,

Thank you… Two tiny words would not reflect on our appreciation to your time spent in writing about us on the Trip Advisor, or reflects on our happiness upon reading your beautiful feedback about our product and services provided. Basher was greatly delighted when he read his name on the review.

All of us are very happy and simply you made our day!

Please come back soon, we are waiting for you.

Once again, Thank you,

washington, dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I go to Amman a lot for work and I've stayed in many hotels there. This is, by far, my favorite. The lobby is quaint, the staff try to accommodate and the rooms are nice and clean. I also like their fitness center. Location-wise, it's a good central location and taxis are abundant.

Breakfast is also good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear blueroose,
Thank you very much for your beautiful review posted on the Trip Advisor. All of us are very happy that we're your favorite hotel in Amman, and we promise you, we will continue to be so always.
Please come back soon, we are waiting for you!
Thanks again,
Director of Guest Services

Been to Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel? Share your experiences!